+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Icecrown Lich King

Quote Originally Posted by Olat View Post
    My 10 man just got to LK and in our first few attempts we get him down to 70% every time. What this video doesn't explain well nor do any of the threads following it, is how the hell do you deal with Raging Spirits. If your spread out to not get hit by "Pain and Suffering" how do you deal with the Spirit? Do you just Stack and burn it down? Do you not Kill it?

Heres what happens. He teleports to the middle, we run to the edges, and spread out. We kill the blue spheres, Raging Spirits spawn, we taunt and turn. Then DPS tries to bring them down, quake begins. We run in and still have Raging Spirits kicking the crap out of our tanks. Like I think Im missing a mechanic here or something.

Our raid Comp was as follows:
    DK Tank (Me) - MT
    Pally Tank - OT
    Resto Druid
    Priest (Disc or Holy)
    Healadin
    Rogue
    Lock
    Enh Sham
    Mage
    Ret Pally

All of us are exceptionally geared from 25m ICC. I just think we are missing some simple mechanic that would help us out.

Thank you for the help.
    When you spread out how do you do that? We found 3 groups was fine, the outer groups were our healers/ranged DPS and the middle group had our melee DPS and tanks. (We run light melee DPS). The mobs would be taunted to middle group so all 3 groups could focus burn them down.

we just have the ranged spread out, and have the melee just collapse in and dps (we find the melee are okay with taking some pain and suffering ticks and we only have 1-2 melee on this fight most times anyways).

You will always have a raging spirit up as you enter phase 2. but only 1, and it shouldn't be at 100% health (not necessarily 50% either, but somewhere between there). As phase 2 starts, aside from valkyr's you want to free up this Spirit tank asap, so you want to focus down that spirit before you switch back to the LK.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

excuse me . ?

Last night my guild was trying lk10 with a 2x druid 1x shaman healer setup our healers are saying its not doable anybody tried a setup like this before , maybe 2 shamans 1 druid?

Need more info than that, what was your problem. Where tanks dieing? Was infest not getting removed fast enough because of lack of priest shields? How far into the fight were you getting, phase 1, the first transition, the valk phase?

Lots of things can contribute

Also how were you handling the plague and the adds? If you're trying to constantly heal through a lot of it you're healers will run OOM like mine did the first few times (as I had posted in the thread prior). Once you understand HOW to handle the fight, I don't see how any healing composition won't work, we got it last week with disc priest and 2x resto druid.

Full setup

Warrior prot P1= adds P2= LK
    Druid feral P1= Lk Transition phase raging spirits
    Druid resto
    Druid resto
    Shaman resto
    Rogue assassination
    Warrior fury
    Hunter Mm
    Hunter survival
    Warlock destro

Phase 1 is fine the tanks don't die there , we just let the plague jump on the adds to kill them we only get 2 Shambling Horror summoned in phase 1 before we got to the transition phase .

Mid way the transition phase all the adds are death the just dispel it asap off me when im tanking the adds and i stun the last add and return to group that im assigned to .

But once we get to phase 2 the valkyr/defile phase the healers cant keep the tanks up we have 2 raging spirits up around this time . The say the cant do it heal the tanks and keep us topped for the infest so the claim its impossible to do with 2 druids 1 shamans that's why i asked if other people did a setup like this on there first try's .

And the healers say the didn't have any mana problems we had that in the past but we where dpsing down the shambling horrors back then now just get to phase 2 asap and we dont have mana problems .
    I was just checking if other people done it with a similar raid setup i think the where just trowing in the towel to fast .

Quote Originally Posted by Solina View Post
    Full setup

Warrior prot P1= adds P2= LK
    Druid feral P1= Lk Transition phase raging spirits
    Druid resto
    Druid resto
    Shaman resto
    Rogue assassination
    Warrior fury
    Hunter Mm
    Hunter survival
    Warlock destro
    You are missing a lot of raid buffs/debuffs, so it will be harder. Also, due to the incoming tank damage, a holy pally really helps. Look at http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/ to see the buffs/debuffs you're missing. Notable ones include -damage, +damage, and haste. You're also missing fort/kings, but you can use scrolls/drums to provide those.

That said, I'm sure it's possible with your comp; it'll just be a bit tougher. The shaman should be able to keep the tanks up with some help, and druids are EXCELLENT for dealing with Infest. I don't see why Infest should ever be a problem, as long as the raid has hots on them before the Infest goes off. Are your healers watching the timer for it?

It also seems like your damage may be low. We usually end the first phase transition with one add up (somewhere around 2/3 health), and he's quickly killed before the valks come out. If you can only get one add down during that transition, then it will be tougher. Still doable, but tougher. Are you able to successfully kill the valks in time?

Here is what we did to kill LK.

In phase one, we formed three groups in a triangle, melee, range and OT. We kept a tight triangle, so there wasn't far to run. At the end of phase one the three groups moved towards the outside but in a way that no one was running in front of adds on OT.

In first transition phase, the OT stood to the far left, range in middle and melee/MT on the far right. MT picked up first 2 raging spirits, OT came over and grabbed the third. MT = Warrior, OT = DK, in our case.

Second phase, MT tanked the boss in middle and OT took over after the spirit was dead, normally right after first val'kr. Second phase took some time to learn the timing. War tank would charge val'ker right off the bat cause charge stun is not on DR, he would then concussion and shock-wave, if the add was still heading to edge then he would charge again. We had everyone crank the size of the short timer on DBM, this made missing important stuff impossible. DK would tank the boss and call out Defile targets, with target of target he can save two seconds compared to waiting on DBM to announce. The target would move away from middle and everyone else would avoid them. We also called defile at 3 seconds till cast, raid would know to scatter. There is only two times during phase 2 that he is casting defile, valker and soul reaper at same time. The warrior would taunt LK off the DK when the DK was hit with soul reaper, DK would taunt right back after the soul reaper proc'd. We stoped DPS at 43% and killed the last val'ker, while dps was on val'ker tank took LK near the side in preparation of second transition phase.

In the second transition phase, we blew heroism. There is 4 raging spirits this time, warrior picked up 1,3 and the DK grabbed 2,4.

In phase three, the warrior tanked boss on teleporter and DK tanked last spirit off to the side. The raging spirit died soon after vile spirits appeared. we used 3 range but can be down with two if you have a warrior tank. After the raging spirit was dead the DK taunted the boss, the warrior stood under vile spirits and AOE taunt when they started to descend. Tanks should have a million threat over dps by this time in the fight, warrior put vig on the DK to taunt spam the vile spirits from that point forward. This made phase three extremely easy.

Hope this helps. Also can the vile spirits be taunted in heroic mode?

First time poster, just registered here, be gental

My guild is having a hard time with Lich King in P2. We get there with no issues. P1 is perfect, both Horrors are dead going into the transition, transition phase is smooth, Sprits are dead with the 3rd around 70% or less.

The issue comes when we get the second Valk and Defile. They seem to stack on each other time wise. The 3rd is close as well. Any tips on how to handle the defile? Running out is the solution but I guess what i am looking for is a better way to determine who is getting it sooner. We are getting into the 50% range every attempt but the defile + Valk's spawning nearly at the same time is destroying us.

i don't remember if the valks come first or the defile does, but you need to make sure you handle them fast, so if it's valks first then defile, you there's a small window, so make sur eyou're stacked for valks, then the moment they spawn, spread out fast, and have the person who gets defile run quick it's doable as long as everyone is paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Calest View Post
    First time poster, just registered here, be gental

My guild is having a hard time with Lich King in P2. We get there with no issues. P1 is perfect, both Horrors are dead going into the transition, transition phase is smooth, Sprits are dead with the 3rd around 70% or less.

The issue comes when we get the second Valk and Defile. They seem to stack on each other time wise. The 3rd is close as well. Any tips on how to handle the defile? Running out is the solution but I guess what i am looking for is a better way to determine who is getting it sooner. We are getting into the 50% range every attempt but the defile + Valk's spawning nearly at the same time is destroying us.
    It might help you if you have general areas where you would always want the defiles to go. We did this the first week LK was out and we have to do it to the extreme on 25 heroic LK.

But say if you know you would always prefer to put defiles on Tirion or to the North on the big rune on the circle then when you are relatively grouped up for the second valkyr pickups, the targeted person can move towards one of those spots and others know that those are bad spots to go.

There's a second or so grace period where the defile doesn't register anyone in it.

DBM does say bubbles for who it's on and screams at you when you get it.

Also one thing to note, there's a very small chance that the defile hits before the Valkyr's during that second pickup. It's only happened twice out of all of our 10 and 25 normal LK's and all of our 10 and 25 heroic LK attempts. The majority of the time it's Valkyr pickups then defile, just spread as soon as you see that third valkyr drop.

Thanks for the reply's.

Our plan has been, Valk's drop I see the second one and call out "spread out" by then the third has dropped. We get them all going the same direction and Defile is called out. Maybe i need to ride the raid a bit more with them not spreading out further. Our plan is to get them to the stairs (LK tanked in the middle) or at least out of the center ring and not in the path the Valk's will go.

We had the Deflie come before the Valk's last night a few times, as well as both happen almost the exact same time (3rd Valk hadn't dropped and Defile went down). maybe some poor RNG, but I think its more people not moving quick enough.

As a warrior tank, do you shockwave (stun) the shambling horrors as soon as they're casting their enraged shockwave or after? If this is done, will that have interrupted the enraged cast, or will they still need a tranq shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Bishoptwo View Post
    Also one thing to note, there's a very small chance that the defile hits before the Valkyr's during that second pickup. It's only happened twice out of all of our 10 and 25 normal LK's and all of our 10 and 25 heroic LK attempts. The majority of the time it's Valkyr pickups then defile, just spread as soon as you see that third valkyr drop.
    It depends on how quick your group is at killing valks. Correct me if im wrong, but from all my attempts both defile & the valk are set to cast after X amount of seconds. Defile is a set thing that's never going to change. With the valks though you dont even get a timer for a new valk until the first one is dead otherwise im assuming having to deal with 2 valks at a time + defile would be murder.

If you kill your valks fast that gives you lots of time to spread out for the incoming defile. If your group takes too long its very easy to have the new timer for the next valk 1-2 seconds within the next defile which really sucks..

That phase 2 transition after Quake is what kills a lot of groups, mine included. We are running a bear druid on LK, warrior on adds and I think the off tank is what is causing us transition issues, we need to see if we can get our guilds only paladin tank in our group instead of the warrior because at this stage it will make add control a lot easier because he can easily taunt and make sure that he has threat on those Raging Spirits when they spawn. We usually have 1 spirit left when Quake happens but there is usually a Shambling Horror still alive sometimes. I think the faster your healers spread the plague onto those horrors, and especially during that transition phase after phase 1, they should die during Quake.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

if you're handling the plague properly the OT with the adds should have <2-3 adds when the transition into the raging spirits phase happens, just let him isolate to the left or right (whichever you like) and let the plagues kill off the adds, while your MT temporarily tanks the first spirit. Dispel once there's no more adds (remember he's isolated so the plague should just disappear), and then he can take over whichever adds spawn from there, and your MT can go back to being ready to pick up LK. Works everytime for us. How exactly are you guys covering the adds?

we basically tank the LK, and the adds and the range dps in the shape of a triangle, every add including horrors go to the OT while the melee/range kill LK, just continuously drop the plagues into the add packs and they'll go down with no problem. Have ranged dps help with the shambling horrors if they have too much HP and you're nearing 70%. That should do it.

Just sharing this for anyone else using varied healing setups, someone had posted saying they had 2 druids and 1 shaman I am shocked this was not working.

We use 2 raid healers for LK and it works fine. I am a tree and other is holy priest. We have almost no issue with Infest at all we both just know it is coming the moment it hits I hit WG and he hits CoH and poof infest is gone.

Our heals blanket everything quite well, I do most of the tank healing plus his overlapping heals and others as support works fine.

We 2 heal we like having 1 more dps to help push phases or bring down an extra add before phase shift. I think a key element that people should work on that took us a while to get used to was communication before pushing a phase. This is a long fight anyway and has a pretty long enrage timer, if you are stuck with 2 adds up and LK is at 73% (example) we will stop dps on LK and make sure adds are in check then suddenly push push push.

I know some of the top guilds and top players always laugh at everything about not being tough and all that but wow this fight is pretty intense. Communication is amazingly critical in this one. Doing the "defile valk dance" is crazy but as you do it gets a little smoother.

What can be tricky is when defile & valk will be hitting within 2-3 seconds of each other our raid lead warns over vent "valk inc defile right after soon as valk grabs target everyone spread out" something like that and it works.

Our setup is (for reference)

heals - tree & holy priest
    tanks - pal and war
    ranged - lock, arc mage, hunter, ele shaman
    melee - rogue, blood dk

Our ele shaman will spam chain heals if by RNG one of our 2 healers gets grabbed by a valk or into frostmourne.

Hi, i'm posting here cause i really need help on something

First of all, sorry about my english =)

We have a setup like this:

Heals - 1 disc priest, 1 tree, 1 pally heal
    DPS - pally ret, rogue, hunter, lock, shaman
    Tank - Pally prot ( off tank - me ), warrior prot ( MT )

We're having some issues in the first transition ... We're forming a triangle where are ranged/heals, MT/LK/melees and OT/adds. Me as a pally off tank can dispell the necrotic plague when the infected one is near the horrors ... i can keep that on but when we reach the transition, someone dies cause of the necrotic plague.

I sometimes taunt some ghouls to do some stacks on them to hit horrors harder, but maybe some ghouls come back to the MT ( maybe it's what's going on? ). How do u keep track on which person has necrotic plague?

And in transition, me and the alives adds goes a little far away from the group so the adds can die and i can dispell myself but i can't get if i'm dispelling myself wrong or it's the ghoul thing. Is there some other way to safe dispell the plague on me without jumping to someone else?

thanks for any help =)
    Last edited by Windboy; 05-23-2010 at 09:29 AM.

Necrotic Plague can and will jump off of mobs and onto players. The plague itself isn't "picky" - it jumps to any Ghoul, Horror, or Player within 6 yards. So, when all of the adds die in the first transition, the plague will jump to a player.

To get rid of the plague, you either need an add to die when it's not within 6 yards of anyone, or you need a player to run out of the raid and get dispelled 6 yards away from everything else.

Basically, you should chain dispel it until you notice it's bouncing between players. Then you should have whoever gets it run out of the raid.

+ Reply to Thread