+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Icecrown Lich King

great that is awesome =) congrats to everyone on that kill :P...just one question...how much dps is needed for that fight?im rocking ICC10/25 with 6k but only gotten the first wing so idk if im on the right track. Thnx and Congratz!

Quote Originally Posted by Oliaga View Post
    There's really no need to specify the mechanic that occurs at 10%.
    The first time your raid gets to 10% and everyone dies vent goes something like this

Wow that is one hell of an enrage timer
    And all 10 people release and you never get to 10% the rest of the night and you have used all 20 attempts. Granted this is no longer an issue since attempts are being removed but there it is.

Also, I do not consider the fact the kills the whole raid at 10% a spoiler. That would be like saying you go immune at 10% on archimone and there is no way to wipe at the point was a spoiler. As cider said other things happen which we were asked not to include, those are the real spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriel View Post
    I'm also curious as to how you reset the debuff on the Lich King, do you simply run the person with the plague debuff out of the raid and dispel them far enough away that the plague can't jump?
    Yes, I believe the max it can jump is 5 yards. His buff lasts 30 seconds so as splug said it should reset during the transitional phase. Ideally the offtank will be in the center of the room while everyone else is already near the edge around 72% so when the last shambler dies it should jump to the offtank and if dispelled instantly there should be no one in range.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriel View Post
    Thanks a lot. I'm assuming the same happens with the Haste buff from Phase 2.
    No, the soul reaper buff arthas gets only lasts 5 seconds, and it is actually a debuff on him not a buff. The very first time it happens you should be able to see me mouse over it (unless when I covered up my chat it got blocked out but I do not think it did)
    Last edited by Darksend; 02-09-2010 at 03:16 PM.

Darksend how did you do Been Waiting a Long Time for This (10 player)?

By not killing ghouls. You bounce the disease until you get it on a ghoul and then just have it bounce around 1shotting every single ghoul. Once we got one above a 10 stack we let every new disease get dispelled away from the raid.

Darksend, what addon are you using for the enemy health bars, and is it possible to make them a little bigger?

The nameplates are caelnameplates if I'm not mistaken.

you are not. The only drawback is that there is no gui, every edit must be done outside the game.

We did phase 1 similar. We had me tanking the horrors about 15 yards from the lich king. I would taunt ONE ghoul over at a time (making sure there is always one there) and we let the plagues bounce between the horror and one ghoul. It pretty much had the same effect as what you did but the stacking buff on arthas didnt get nearly as high.

I would also like to note that last night we had arthas to 37% on our last attempt for the night and i was tanking some spirits (3) and got ported to the frostmourne room and killed... this was after the "hotfix" yesterday and a server reset this morning..so..damn
    Last edited by squats; 02-11-2010 at 07:05 AM.

I had a question about healers inside the Frostmourne room. Basically, you fail the encounter if your debuff runs out and the spirit is still alive. For DPS, it's pretty simple. Kill the spirit. But as a healer, I had one occasion where I failed despite the king still being alive. That was the one time I tried to conserve mana by keeping him alive but not spamming huge heals on the king.

Does anyone know the exact mechanics inside? Does the king do more damage the more you heal him? It honestly felt like the healing was more intensive inside the room than outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    you are not. The only drawback is that there is no gui, every edit must be done outside the game.
    thanks

Just a question about that caelnameplates, I downloaded it and put it in my addons folder, and its not showing up in my addons list in-game. Know what might be the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Neanor View Post
    the king do more damage the more you heal him

Couple questions: (10 man strat)

Frostmourne's room:
    Guild is having the hardest time on the last phase based on this portion of the fight. Most of the time, they are not making it out alive. Is it just that they need to dps harder? like save CDs for that room? or are there anything additional strat/tips that should be done in that room?

Vile Spirits Mechanic:
    I understand that you need to spread out to minimize the explosion dmg. If 1 raid member gets hit by 1 Vile Spirit, then it is easily healable, but if its more than one, more than likely they will die.

IF the raid is properly spread out, will multiple Vile Spirits target the same raid member?
    OR is it that the Vile Spirits wont tag team the same raid member? And the explosion deaths is due to people not spreading out properly

Thanks in advance for the help =)

requesting tips in regards to phase 3 of the fight where vile spirits begin to spawn. Currently our group consists of

Fury warrior
    Mutilate Rogue
    Unholy Dk
    Elemental Shaman
    Marksman Hunter
    Disc priest
    Holy Priest
    Restoration Shaman
    Feral druid tank
    Protection pally tank

therefore as you can see our range consists of an Elemental Shaman and a marksman hunter so vile spirits are harder to manage than most groups.

any tips someone can provide in regards to this situation, we have only spent 8 attempts on the boss and are consistently reaching phase 3 so any tips for our next attempts would be really helpful

Honestly, have one of the tanks respec DPS and have the fury warrior go prot. Put vigilance on the main tank and run to a corner and spam taunt the spirits. I did this in my alliance guild on my own warrior and out of 3-4 vile spirit waves maybe 2 hit anyone but me. Paladins and druids are both completely capable of solo-tanking the soul reaper. By doing this you also can put absolutely zero dps on them and just burn lich king the whole time. (we had an elemental shaman and warlock as our only 2 ranged in that group)

Short of that just have the hunter or shaman mark one and focus fire it, when it dies mark another, etc. From how it seemed to work when I was taunting they do not infact blow up on the person they have targeted. If you run in between the spirit and the person targeted they will blow up on you first. Either way just have melee get off the boss and spread out if they see more than 1 ghost headed into melee. The ideal way to tank it is with your back as close to the edge as possible then when spirits spawn run completely across the room through the center of the circle and put your back to that edge now. As slow as they move this will give more than enough time to identify who they are on.

I will agree that is a bit of a rough group comp for this fight. The dk could stand on the boss instead of running with the tank when the spirits cast is being channeled and try to pest but its a 50/50 shot at if it will actually hit them since they made them spawn higher in the air.

just as a bit of a side note:
    warlocks are all-stars on this fight because not only can they drop seeds on the vile spirits, but they can also negate pretty much every single mechanic in the encounter that affects them minus maybe harvest soul.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

As the spirits trickle down one or two at a time, you don't really have to worry about multiple spirits hitting the same player, either. We found that even without bothering to taunt them at all, or move, or kill them, or really pay attention to the spirits beyond spreading out and healing, we were able to increase our damage to the boss without putting players in significant jeopardy. It's worth mentioning that melee will need to spread out if there is no offtank taunting spirits that were heading toward them.

-Splug

We finally got 10 man down last night, and found a couple of tricks to help with the Vile Spirits in final phase. Our comp doesn't have good ranged damage, so we ignored killing the vile spirits and instead found that Earth Elementals and Army of the Dead can help taunting the adds onto themselves. With 2 Shammys and a DK, we dropped the Elementals and AotD for 3 succesive spawns of the spirits and the I was chain taunting them onto myself, shockwaving a couple to give healers time to heal me up between explosions. Shamans also have a taunting totem which they dropped to grab a couple (can't remember the name, sorry!).

All of the above helped us control the Vile Spirits, reducing raid damage.

Nekroh, the offtank, has a large standing health pool as blood, and
    with VB and scarab could put it close to 80k with those cooldowns active.

My question is--do you think that a blood offtank (with close to 50k self-buffed) is the only viable option of the 3 dk tank specs?
    Last edited by apogee; 02-17-2010 at 01:16 PM.

My ten man has limited time since its an after thought to the 25 man my guild runs, we extended the raid lock out this week and we are getting him into the 60's each time. The key for us was placement and plague control, so far so good i aim to have the king killed this week. Third phase is a mystery to us so far and the video is great but is there a way to see the activities inside ? the keeping the father alive inside ? or is this out and i'm missing it ? thanks for any help yall can give me.
    FOR THE HORDE
    Holyprincess -Tank- Eredar

+ Reply to Thread