+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Next frost badge upgrade (nearing bis pre H25)

Next frost badge upgrade (nearing bis pre H25)

as the title says im nearing the best possible gear available to me before icc 25 heroic. my next 2 purchases are going to be cloak and sanct tier chest. i have a token in the bank ready for the chest but im debating which piece to replace first. both pieces are a substantial armor bonus to what im currently wearing. the cloak provides me with a little extra hit. while the badge is a lot more armor and EH. the chest i'd lose a socket but at the same time pick up a LOT of armor and also 2pc set bonus. i have 3 JC 51 stam gems in the bank seeing as i lose one slot on the chest upgrade im going to use 2 stam in chest and the third in the new cloak.

thoughts on which to replace first?

armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ka&cn=Valladin

Moved to HALP!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I would recommend the cata chest rather than tier. If you want the tier 2 piece, helm/shoulders is best. Use your current shoulders on magic heavy fights and the tier elsewhere for more threat. Given your current setup, it probably doesn't matter which order you get the chest or back. The tier chest is not better than the cata chest until you can get the 277 token.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

im not in need of the expertise from the cata chest and the upgrade tot he tier yields better stats (slightly more armor, mroe str, stam and the 2pc bonus)

im going off the 3.3 bis lists posted in the gear forum and they list bone commanders as bis so i dont wanna waste extra badges and another token.

Normally i'd prefer the cataclysm chest & getting the 2pc bonus from head & shoulders but you got the really juicy 277 bone commander shoulders so that setup is out. I guess chest would be the best upgrade.

BUT....

crafted boots & legs combined with the tier chest will put you under the def cap. Just too many pieces with zero def on them. If you can cover that up in other ways without hurting too much, great, otherwise you have a problem.

and yes, the 2pc bonus is juicy.

i started playing around with rawr and found that same def problem. lands me at 534 def .08% cahnce to be crit im only shy a few def rating points...looks like i might hold off for a better neck piece or possibly a def gem. playing with numbers the cata chest is better than i thought, i cant quite wrap my mind around why it edges out tier. might end up saving the tier token for the holy set >.>

You could also enchant shield/cloak/chest as needed to get that last little bit of defense. Better losing one of those than a +30 stam gem.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

The equiv non tier items are superior because of the tier bonus. If you swap the hit/stam gem in the boots for a def/stam along with the 15 resil that should keep you uncritable. I would personally grab the tier chest since you have the token, yes the cata is better, however if you are breaking into heroics tokens will soon follow and you need a 264 tier chest to get a 277 tier chest. I would buy the chest first it will be more of a EH bump(and even if you need to toss in a 3rd 10def/15 stam gem to be uncritable, it still is).

He already has a good 264 chest. We're talking about minor upgrades here. Well, so much armor isnt "minor" but we're talking from which piece to get it

Personally, if i was going for the tier chest, i'd enchant def on the chest to cover my defcap. +275 hp enchant is worth less than a stam gem anyway, not that big a loss.

Cataclysm chest comes out ahead so much because of the huge amount of defense on it. Even with diminishing returns, defense is still one of the best ways to buff your avoidance. Plus the extra gemslot compared to the tier piece

Have similar question.

This is my current gear: http://chardev.org/?profile=438097

I have 95 frosties and one ili264 token. Mine guild is a 10man, so I only PUG ICC25 (usually pugs do 4 od 6 at mine realm).

Should I go for head or chest? And wich chest? Cata?

+ Reply to Thread