+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for a more experienced eye.

Looking for a more experienced eye.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...mons+Downunder

Not sure what more I can do with it outside of more ICC level gear. I also have the onyxia trinket and heart of iron that I swap in and out depending on raid buffs and boss. I have found the new version of the Icy Touch glyph handy in both AoE and single target threat generation. (Convinced the guild main DK tank to swap it in for the frost strike glyph and he started pulling off threat off the other tanks when he wasn't the active target.) The toon is mainly aimed at ICC 10 man tanking. I have found death chill to be really only a minor threat bump, 1 auto crit every 2 minutes when I already crit a lot with killing machine, and Hungering Cold to be very situational and often made useless by over eager dps. Threat has yet to be a real issue outside of an unlucky chain of parry/misses. I am looking to make it easier on the healers as much as possible as was wondering if there were any suggestions for any increasing survivability without losing to much threat. That or a rational reason to take the talents I have passed up.

Main is a warlock. I fell in love with tanking when I got to range tank various raid bosses in BC so I have the tendency to look at it from a caster/utility perspective hence the flexibility I tried to put into the build.
    Last edited by Drbadtouch; 02-06-2010 at 10:07 PM.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47570 would be a nice upgrade for your wrists.

Change the Hit gem in your chest to Hit/Stam.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47698 might be worthwhile to upgrade to for your shoulders.

Otherwise not much else that I can see to change.

Though you might want to spec into 2h specialization for more threat maybe.

First off try going blood as one spec http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jcEGV...bssxhxZ0gh:Gdi it will give you the most single target threat plus the highest health pool only drawback is no damage reduction talents so you will love RNG kills.As far as gear it looks all good i would go to stam resil shoulder 18 stam to gloves put 275 health to chest and gem 30 stam into chest in place of 20 hit(that hit gem=fail).Otherwise everything looks good hope you look into these changes

The hit gem was needed to put me at 8% hit. Gets me to 8.02% actually. 200 health or so really worth .3% chance to miss? Like I said I have the tendency to look at it from a caster perspective which is hit cap or die. Don't like depending on luck. Have enough to get the 251 shoulders but again that would drop me way below my hit cap and I know a missed taunt in a lot of encounters can be REALLY bad so I gotta wait for the 251 gloves to balance it out. Thanks for the input it is always nice to have another perspective.

Currently my Hit Rating is at 194 with 29 Expertise as a DW Frost Tank, I have yet to miss a taunt.
    For those encounters where Taunt is very important, you could swap out your Glyph of Howling Blast for the Taunt glyph, which is what the "never" go for hit rating fanatics say.

The only reason I say swap the Hit gem for Hit/Stam is if someone looks at your gear, they can't instantly go "you gem completely wrong nub!!!" like some people do if you don't gem pure stamina in everything but 1 purple gem

Saronite Swordbreakers would be a sexy upgrade to your current bracers, it has a yellow socket for a hit/stam gem so overall you will gain more hit and stamina, has more defense, and dodge instead of parry.

+ Reply to Thread