+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arms warrior - ArP calculation question

Arms warrior - ArP calculation question

Hi all - quick question about how I should be calculating ArP so that I know when I should start stacking Strength gems again...

Here's my armory link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Wezmerelda

At the moment, I have an ArP rating of 835 (or rather, that's the number that shows up when I mouseover my Hit Rating), for a 59.66% reduction.

I manually added up all the ArP on my gear (including gems), and it stacks to 835, so:

a) can I reasonably assume that my 10% Arms buff to ArP would bring that total to 69.66% armor reduction? or is it 10% more of the rating, so 83.5 extra pts...??

b) would my 6% 2-pc T9 set bonus bring this to 75.66%?

c) when my Needle Encrusted Scorpion procs (adding 678 ArP), does that give another 48.44% reduction, putting me at a total of 124%? (and that's over cap, I realize).

If none of my presumptions is incorrect so far (please correct me if they are!!!), then I think I can work from the above calculations to figure out when to stop stacking ArP (and when I can get rid of the NES trinket for something more fun) and when to go for Strength.

Thanks everyone for your help!!!

~Wezmerelda

yes yes and uh no and yes? idk. But anyways....

ArP will be calculated with a flat percentage from your battle stance. This will NOT be shown in your character Sheet (they should really fix this)

As of now, you have 75.66% reduction including battle stance's 16%.

At this point, I would highly recomend picking up a Banner of Victory from regular 5m ToC, to replace your NES, you should see a dps increase in the static +84 ArP, and the proc is just icing on the cake.

i agree with what deathsupply said.

however i noticed you are 1% under hit cap with a space goat buff. i would pick up the t9 gloves and use different legs to keep t9 2pc to get up to the alliance hit cap. the plate legs off anub'arak 10 would be a nice replacement. replacing the crit gem in your ring would be a good idea as well, gemming for straight crit is not as good as gemming 10str/10crit.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Thanks for the tips. I'm using a hit consumable, so my hit should hit the cap with the dranei tank in my group The note about the Banner of Victory and gemming strength/crit intead of straight crit is well taken under advisement!!

+ Reply to Thread