+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior about to hit 80, need advice on what to do next

Warrior about to hit 80, need advice on what to do next

I'm about to hit 80 (this weekend) and I'm wondering what my next progression will be. I'm currently furry spec'd for leveling but I already have the money for dual spec so I'm going to go with the standard protection spec and pic up the beginning tanking items that I've seen in several posts on the forum. My question is what to do after that to start acquiring items. My tentative plan is to run a bunch of random dungeons to get used to tanking (random dungeons until I have around 3 times in each is what I've read) but then I don't know what to do. I'm also changing my professions from herbalism/skinning to mining/blacksmithing and eventually blacksmithing/jewelcrafting for the additional gem slots and improved gems.

Edit: A link to my wowarmory profile, though it will change a lot when I pick up the noob tanking items and re-spec
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...alas&cn=Thebda
    Last edited by thebda; 02-07-2010 at 10:13 PM.

Well once youve picked up some basic tanking skills via running normal dungeons and hit the def cap id say farm heroics like your life depended on it possibly as fury first so you can pick up heroic tanking gear on the chance that the tank in group dosent need it and learn the pulls ect ect then swap to prot and go tank them ,after that then unless you have a guild willing to help you gear via content boosting or w/e try and pug as much of the low end content as you can to get yourself geared for higher content ( i assume your wanting to raid on this char?) and pick up raid tanking skills ect.after all that you should be all set to do whatever it is you plan to do.

Fairmay

Additionally which should I focus on first, Jewelcrafting or Blacksmithing? This is my first level 80 so I need to level one and stock up the mats for the other before I switch over, I plan on my first alt having mining as a source of ore in the future.

+ Reply to Thread