+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Multiple DR effects, how does it work?

Multiple DR effects, how does it work?

Hi all,

Lets say I have enough armor for 60% DR from armor.
    Lets also say I have 630 defense.

I pop IBF, which is (as of hotfix) 30% DR + .15% per point of defense skill over 400. So, 230 * .15% = 34.5, for a total DR of 64.5%

Now I get hit for 30k physical damage. What happens?

Would the armor DR be applied first, reducing the damage to 12k, and then that is reduced by the IBF reduction? (or other way around, same result)
    I.e., multiplicative, so (1 - (<IBF-Reduction> * <Armor reduction>)) = total physical DR%?

Are they just added together? (That seems too powerful to me, as any defense-capped tank would get 100% physical DR while IBF was up assuming they had reasonable amounts of armor)

Something else?
    Last edited by morikal; 02-05-2010 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by morikal View Post
    Hi all,

Lets say I have enough armor for 60% DR from armor.
    Lets also say I have 630 defense.

I pop IBF, which is (as of hotfix) 30% DR + .15% per point of defense skill over 400. So, 230 * .15% = 34.5, for a total DR of 64.5%

Now I get hit for 30k physical damage. What happens?

Would the armor DR be applied first, reducing the damage to 12k, and then that is reduced by the IBF reduction? (or other way around, same result)

Are they just added together? (That seems too powerful to me, as any defense-capped tank would get 100% physical DR while IBF was up assuming they had reasonable amounts of armor)

Something else?
    When a hit is taken, armor is calculated first, then the additional damage reduction on that. Sounds like you'd be taking around 12-13% damage of the entire hit.

It actually doesn't matter the order. They are multiplicative in nature:

Armor comes first: 30000*(1-0.6)*(1-0.645) = 4260
    IBF comes first 30000*(1-0.645)*(1-0.6) = 4260

+ Reply to Thread