+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advice regarding Arms Warrior

Advice regarding Arms Warrior

Hello guys, ive read around the forums first of all, and i know my basic Arms rotation/priority, either way, i cant seem to increase my DPS and its always been static at 5k-6k during boss fights. Based on my current gear, i should be able to be hitting more but i dont know what is going on. So i hope you guys can advice me more on my gear/talents and jazz like that. Id really appreciate it.

WoW Armory Link
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Johnthefury

Rotation
    Charge>Rend>Heroic Throw>MS>OP (tfb)>Exe (SD)>Slam

I usually slam after MS until either OP/Exe procs. And when MS,OP and Exe are on CD, ill continue slam until they lit up. I also include BS 10s after using all my CDs.

Am i doing smtg wrong? All help is greatly aprreciated.
    Last edited by coolingwater; 02-04-2010 at 11:59 PM.

Something seems wrong with your armor link...when I view it you are still missing 22 points on the talent tree. I have found this to work for me.....I keep up rend, then I prioritize MS over Execute over OP. When none of them are avail I spam slam. I will occasionally use HS if I am at 80-100 rage. I never use heroic throw. I use BS too, but not too often on bosses. I use it with sweeping strikes on adds after the tanks have a good grip on them. IMO arms is awesome for fights which require little or no movement because slam is extremely important to the rotation.
    Last edited by Bung; 02-04-2010 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coolingwater View Post
    Rotation
    Charge>Rend>Heroic Throw>MS>OP (tfb)>Exe (SD)>Slam
    never ever ever use heroic throw in melee range, it resets your swing timer so it can set your heroic strikes back or cause you to get rage starved since you delay white hits.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

i'd like some advice too. i didn't wanna spam the forum with another thread asking pretty much the same thing. :-/
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...my+of+Darkness

if any of my talent/glyph choices seems off, it's cause i try to pvp casually. i never arena just when i'm bored or do WG. but if you think these choices are the reason i sux so bad, let me know, i was getting sick of pvping anyway. (damn you blizz, give us triple specs!)

my main concern is am i being hard headed by not resorting to fury? i REALLy dont' want to. but i feel gimped in raid encounters with a lot of movement. which is pretty much like 75% of all raids.

i use the target dummies to get a ballpark of my deeps. i get so many diffrent results in heroics and raids i don't like to use it.

in pre icc heroics, i'm always around 3k. things die TOO quickly compared to other dps classes who have a ton of burst dmg.
    in icc heroics (fos/hor/pos) i do 4-5k because the mobs there have way more armor/life and stay alive long enough for me to actually go through more than 1 rotation and the i "cheat" by Bladestorming on all groups of 4.

i always liked to think my single target deeps could beat any fury on those types of fights. but the new VoA boss has shown me this is not the case. i have to run away from the orbs, running away = me not dpsing = me losing my place in the rotation = losing the rend, having to start over and so on.

fury seems to be able to run away, and come back and burst as if nothing happend and i'm stuck having to reapply rends and such.

i always seem to start out with a lot of promise... (getting 5k on the first few trash on ony25, or the first few trash on voa) but then i start settling down to 4, and then sometimes even 3 as the fights go on.

for this reason, i like to use the boss target dummy as a benchmark of sorts. 5 minute intervals (the time of my battleshout), constant dps (no scrolls, no flasks, no nothing except battle shout and somtimes blood fury when i think i should be doing better :-/ ). i'm barely pulling 4k. i avg 3700-3900 and i don't think it's enough for the type of gear i have.

at the time of writing, armory has me in pvp gear. hopefully that will change. i'll make sure i log out in my regular gear.

i'll take any pointers or thoughts you guys might have.

i recently replaced my ilvl226 "belt of singing blade" for the ilvl232 "belt of the impaler" and i'm not even sure i liked the tradeoff. so i still have my old belt.

i think my rotation is spot on, (though i thought we were supposed to prioritize exe over ms). but otherwise i got it nailed down pretty well.

at the mo i'm 47% ArP if i'm adding it up right. idk if i should completely do a gem ovehaul and go pure arp, or simply regem little by little on an upgrade basis only. (if i get a new piece)

all in all, i'm at a loss, reading information here and there and still not sure where i'm going wrong. (if at all?) i just don't like my deeps and think it should be better. and i refuse to go fury. i just can't. (i'd rather lvl up a brand new war to to 80 who is fury). call me stupid, i'm just OCD like that. x_0

ty for your time and for reading.
    Last edited by Rupheon; 02-04-2010 at 07:26 PM.

Thanks for the inputs guys, yeah i posted the wrong armory link silly me, ive already updated it. Below is the links just incase
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Johnthefury

Im glad to know that my rotation/priority is on the right track, i was thinking probably something is wrong with me or i have a perception problem haha. And yes i realise my dps drops during fights which require alot of movements, thats the down side on arms though, however arms is really fun to play.

Any advice on my stats and what should improve. Thanks a bunch

+ Reply to Thread