+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Using death and decay in frost spec for multiple adds

Using death and decay in frost spec for multiple adds

Hey everybody,
    (I wasn't sure whether this should go in advice or theory and mechanics. I'm sorry if I guessed wrong.)
    I use a 2 hander frost spec. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Evilcabell
    I don't tank with other dk tanks very often (in fact, I try to avoid it due gear drops) but the few times I have, I've noticed that some of them use death and decay constantly. I use it for multiple mobs mainly (dropping it more or less at my feet and then frost biting a mob or death gripping a caster) or to drop at the healer's feet during a summoning fight.
    When I first started tanking, I used it all of the time. I've since weened myself from using it so much but I still find myself dropping it several times per dungeon.
    I've seen some articles stating that frost tanks should not use death and decay as a regular part of their pull. The idea seems to be that using howling blast and 2 disease pestilence for initial aggro and maintaining it through blood boil and howling blasts.
    How viable is this? I've tried it a few times; I've found that, for me, it is almost always sufficient to keep the healer from taking aggro (which is my #1 threat priority) but dps will grab aggro if they aren't targeting the same add that I am or if they use an aoe.
    My current use of dnd works for me; what I am wondering is if there is a better way. Theoretically, I could see how combining glyphs of icy touch and howling blast could make this possible.
    Anyway, I'd love to hear some advice/thoughts on this subject.
    (Sorry for the wall of text. Endeavor to endure.)

DnD > HB > BB is how I start aoe pack pulls and have NEVER had an issue. Continue using HB & BB every time they are up and use Oblit when HB is on CD. I do have trouble with holding aggro initially when I do IT > PS > Pest > BB > HB, but that is probably because DPS'ers cannot WAIT to blow their wad all over the place as soon as I even look at a pack of mobs...

US - Fizzcrank - Malleus

Quote Originally Posted by Malleus View Post
    DnD > HB > BB is how I start aoe pack pulls and have NEVER had an issue. Continue using HB & BB every time they are up and use Oblit when HB is on CD. I do have trouble with holding aggro initially when I do IT > PS > Pest > BB > HB, but that is probably because DPS'ers cannot WAIT to blow their wad all over the place as soon as I even look at a pack of mobs...

US - Fizzcrank - Malleus
    Pretty much what I do also.
    Or I will drop D&D, IT, PS, Pest, BB, HB.

+ Reply to Thread