+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Frost Emblems

Frost Emblems

Here's my TANK

What would be the better upgrade, the cloak or the belt? and why?

the cloak normally for most as a decent tanking cloak > than i219 is hard to come by. the 264 cloak will be one of the best with only the 277 option being better (ICC25 or ICC10 hardmode)

I'm just wondering which would be better in the sense of what can I get while I progress up to ICC. So there aren't much options for cloaks from say ToC10/25? or belts? Since I don't raid ICC, the frost emblems are only from the daily heroic and weekly raid, so to get another 50 emblems will take a while, in that time, doing ToC10/25 I should be able to get a decent cloak to get me into ICC, as the belt wouldn't be much of an upgrade from ToC. Would this be correct thinking, or is there a belt in ToC that is better and I should go with the cloak?

Which will last longer do you think?

I've also read that the cloak is BiS for warrior tanks, so it appears to be the best option, it just seems that the belt would be so much better and boost my EHP more than the cloak would.

Thanks for the help,

The cloak. For you, especially, the cloak. It will replace that iLVL 200 cloak you are using.

When looking at the stats, don't forget about the bonus armor the Frost Badge cloak has...

In addition, I don't think there is any easy way to upgrade your cloak. There is no cloak in ToC 10 and I don't think ToGC and ToC 25 groups are as easy to come by now, with ICC out. In addition, that cloak is way better than the cloak you would get in ToC 25.

Thanks for the input!

what about the trinket?.. still cloak?

No doubt, still Cloak.

Buy #2 is oftentimes the belt for similar reasons to the cloak, but with the recent buff to the trinket, it's hard to say. I went with the trinket after the cloak, but a lot of that is personal reasons.

I would replace Ick's rotting thumb with the Black Heart. ToC 5 normal, so run it all day till you get it (unless you have it already). The black heart is actually a very good alternative to the frost trinket, where the iLVL 200 (or even 219) cloaks are *not* good alternatives to the frost cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by D3vlish View Post
    I'm just wondering which would be better in the sense of what can I get while I progress up to ICC. So there aren't much options for cloaks from say ToC10/25? or belts? Since I don't raid ICC, the frost emblems are only from the daily heroic and weekly raid, so to get another 50 emblems will take a while, in that time, doing ToC10/25 I should be able to get a decent cloak to get me into ICC, as the belt wouldn't be much of an upgrade from ToC. Would this be correct thinking, or is there a belt in ToC that is better and I should go with the cloak?

Which will last longer do you think?

I've also read that the cloak is BiS for warrior tanks, so it appears to be the best option, it just seems that the belt would be so much better and boost my EHP more than the cloak would.

Thanks for the help,
    If you're main worry is EHP something you can do yourself is use an EH calculator. Tankspot's has disappeared since the redesigning of the site a couple of weeks ago but Tankingtips.com's works (Link). Just take your health and armor and +/- the values with your new gear slot for slot. Remember to take into account things like vitality when doing your calculations though.

Thanks for all the advice, love these forums!

What's next on the list for me? You all (and the other 'help' boards convinced me and I got the cloak) now working on saving enough for the belt. With that said, what next? I am going to respec a little to the suggestion's I have previously got, but what glyphs should the "cookie cutter' tank be using?

As for gear, where should I be going next? Can I rep run ICC in my current gear/setup? The ring would be nice.

ARMORY

Quote Originally Posted by D3vlish View Post
    Thanks for all the advice, love these forums!

What's next on the list for me? You all (and the other 'help' boards convinced me and I got the cloak) now working on saving enough for the belt. With that said, what next? I am going to respec a little to the suggestion's I have previously got, but what glyphs should the "cookie cutter' tank be using?

As for gear, where should I be going next? Can I rep run ICC in my current gear/setup? The ring would be nice.

ARMORY
    To start off, yes you can perform rep runs in that gear.

Since you don't have access to 264 tier pieces yet go for the offset pieces. Cataclysmic Chestguard is the single biggest EH gain for you. Not to mention the expertise couldn't hurt your current setup and you can afford to lose the hit from the chest piece. Gauntlets of the Kraken would be next and then Verdigris Chain Belt

Also, you should invest in creating: Pillars of Might

Finally, switch that glove enchant to: Glove Reinforcements ; Mighty Armor on the Cloak

Glyphs are strictly situational. If you want to min/max you switch them out depending on the fight. The basics are: Glyph of Blocking, Glyph of Taunt, and Glyph of Shield Wall
    Last edited by Mitigation; 02-05-2010 at 12:53 PM.
    Former Hardcore Raider, Officer, Guild Master and Tank.

can I tank bosses in ICC10? or just trash?

Really depends on the rest of your group. You can definitely tank the first 4 bosses of 10 man.
    Former Hardcore Raider, Officer, Guild Master and Tank.

Ok, thanks for the advice. Gonna try to get in 1 this weekend.

Mitigation, have any advice on trinkets for me?

so i did ToC 10 and the new VoA boss, both downed.

but i seem to be squishy, how can i fix this? is my block to low?

For ToC you wanna focus on EH (as mentioned before on this thread) and don't worry too much about block. You want EH, maxing out your armor/HP to allow you to survive more. Squishy and all that also comes from practice (using CDs on right time, using "on-use" trinkets and all that).

Imho, out of raid improvements for you would be:
    - Get shield from HoR (normal);
    - Replace Fervor (trinket) by the black heart (toc normal) - I rather have 1 on-use / avoidance trinket and 1 for EHP;
    - You should enchant your cloak (+ armor);
    - I'd go with mongoose or blade warding on weapon (not a fan of blood draining);
    - Replace the headpiece gem (+20 parry) with a +10 parry & +15 stam (u'll still get the über bonus);
    - PVP enchant on shoulders for more HP

Good luck there mate

+ Reply to Thread