+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Death Knight Tanking Rune

Death Knight Tanking Rune

So I was lucky and got my Tier 10 legs off of Toravon 25 last night, and I just realized that I no longer need Rune of the Stoneskin gargoyle to be def capped, having 572 def atm. I don't gem for defence, and as such it's been a long time getting to this point, but should I change my rune for a different one?
    I guess it's sort of between Spellshattering, Swordshattering, or Fallen Crusader. Any input?

You can also keep SSG. It's the best EH runeforge w/ +2% stamina, and Defense is still valuable beyond 540, since it continues to increase your dodge, parry, and your chance to be missed.

keep stoneskin on your highest EH wept but i would also run swordshattering on another on for avoid fight

Thanks for the quick responses.
    Okay, I'll stick with the Stoneskin Gargoyle then, I was under the impression that defense became less desirable than other stats once you were capped, even though I know it continues to add avoidance.

Quote Originally Posted by Anglachel_MgThl View Post
    Thanks for the quick responses.
    Okay, I'll stick with the Stoneskin Gargoyle then, I was under the impression that defense became less desirable than other stats once you were capped, even though I know it continues to add avoidance.
    Defense in of itself kinda is, so you don't gem/enchant for it once you are at the cap, but more of it is good, just there are better things to enchant/gem for.
    With the SSG, the main reason you use that rune is for the +2% stamina.

death knights have a very good stam conversion 2nd to druids is the reason why SSG is still better the SS

+ Reply to Thread