+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Icecrown Sindragosa

Help on the Blistering Cold mechanics!!!

I seem to be having trouble getting out of the way of the cold blast. This mechanic is harder for me that anything in ICC including LK. I get sucked in and it freezes almost so when I attempt to turn around I feel like I am lagged so by the time I run its over.
    My only solution so far as been to run straight through the dragon and back through the center of it. I don't have issues as far as lag or anything else on any other fights and may be its me. Any suggestions or alteratives where I won't have issues with my progressing guilds would be appreciated. I am a resto shammie btw.

Thank you in advance

sadly this mechanic has caused many a raider to either turn down their graphics to super low settings, or buy new computers/graphics cards. Being sucked into Sindragosa causes a lot of problems on older/crappier computers.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Hey guys, My guild is getting ready to prep for a Sindra 25Hm kill, in regards to the slowing debuff applied by frost breath. How do we deal with it, with the added damage from frost bombs the tank would not survive, how can we ensure that he to get's behind the frost tombs?

Freedom him if he can't clear it himself, a warrior can intervene to clear the debuff and also move into position quickly, dk's can AMS to clear the debuff. Druids can shapeshift. Paladins can freedom themselves i guess.

Another method is wherever you drop the tombs, have the tank stand close to but not too close to where they are getting dropped and not necessarily with the rest of the group.

Myself and another Resto Shammy had the same issue even when my effects were turned down, best solution I found was to stick a couple of talent points in improved ghost wolf on the enhance tree after that the Blistering Cold was never an issue. I think us Resto Shammys are just slow movers, too many pies or something I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Farkwarmelmak View Post
    Hey guys, My guild is getting ready to prep for a Sindra 25Hm kill, in regards to the slowing debuff applied by frost breath. How do we deal with it, with the added damage from frost bombs the tank would not survive, how can we ensure that he to get's behind the frost tombs?
    Frost resistance helps an awful lot.

Even without it, you shouldn't have more then a two or three stack of it - you can get to where you wanna be in time. (It's tight, though.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

i have questions about the Sindragosa 10 man fight. first we went in with 2 tanks 3 healers 3 melee and 2 ranged. i am wondering if we need only 3 ranged and 2 melee. any criticism on how we need to progress would be greatly appreciated as we want to have Lich King downed before cataclysm. thank you for your time

either setup works fine, i've done it with both 3 melee/2 ranged, and as 2 melee/3 ranged. It's in hardmode where your "ranged, mana users" become more problematic.

This fight is starting to get really annoying for our guild. We mastered first 2 phases but phase 3 she is just eating us. Our best result so far has been 22%. We use 2 tanks 3 healers and rest dps.
    My questions are these.

1. Tanks makeup is me (war) main with bear off. None of us so far use FR gear but I take you mean the lvl200 stuff from ulduar days. If we go with me in full FR and use the bear (cat) to dps and just taunt when I have got how many stacks? Is recomended.
    2. Is it better to go with 2 healers (pally and tree) and force the phase 3 thru?
    3. Do you still free up dps when they get tombed or leave em? We have 3 Druids in raid so br is an option if tomb goes when they die.

I know we would deff have to free up a healer or ot if they got caught but with 6 dps and the cat is there enough time to kill her before all dps are dead. We have some good numbers on dps with makeup being DK, rogue, Mage, lock and either SP or hunter.
    We've spent prob 12-14 hours on her so far and are really keen to chalk this one up and move on before cata.

Thanks in advance.

Vong
    So long and thanks for all this fish

Hand of freedom disables the slow effect for a few seconds, is particularly useful for getting behind an ice block both in the air phase and the final phase.

Vong a little more info on WHY you're failing would be good tbh.

I'll just go ahead and list the biggest mistakes i usually see:

- Tanks dying to too much spike damage. This usually happens when you take a melee hit, a cleave and a frost breath in quick succession when your healers are trying to deal with tombs and/or unchained magic. Frost resist gear (boots, belts and maybe a resist flask at the most should be adequate, more resist gear will just gimp you too much) on tanks OR better coordination between your healers is the solution.

- DPS dying. In an effort to dps down the boss hard, your dps are ignoring unchained magic/chilled to the bone and going all out. Mystic Buffet stacks will mean they will eventually die.

- Not enough dps/healing: Your dps and healers are too worried about Mystic Buffet stacks and completely fail in doing their job. They need to be a little more brave but not to the point of hitting the above point.

- Tomb failure. This involves everything with tombs. Not hiding behind them to reset buffet stacks, not breaking tombs in time, breaking tombs too early, placing tombs in wrong places (both too close to the boss, especially to the head, and too far away, like the top of the stairs or way across the platform are wrong). Tombs need to be placed in positions where tanks can reasonably reach them in time to clear their stacks but far away that people behind it can clear their buffs, especially near a blistering cold pull. They need to be broken as soon as people have cleared their stacks, not before, not after.

What it usually boils down to is good tank switching (clearing mystic buffet stacks in a timely manner and making sure you dont get the boss to breath on the raid by taunting on the run) and proper coordination between healers (who clears stacks when and who heals tanks in case of tomb/UM).

Ok reasons I see that we fail are.
    Tombs. Phase 3 lol.
    The tanks are only dying when we loose healers. It's trying to get raid ro understand that phase 3 is not about dps. Well it is but it's more surviving. I even did a couple of phase 3 attempts with no one dpsing boss. Just to try and get raid ro practice postioning tombs, freeing up tombed players and managing buffs. This kinda worked. Our prob is lack of practice time on this phase. It's very harse on us as we get maybe 1min then wipe. 3 tombs in and people start to drop.
    So long and thanks for all this fish

Hey Guys
    having the same probs as Vong, we have been going the zerg strat and consistently get to 3% with me (feral tank) as last standing, healers are biting the bullet because of frost tombs and the unchained magic debuff, any advice would be appreciated. We generally blitz through the first ten in 2-2 1/2 hours then spend 90 mins wiping on sindra getting to be a total pain in the ass. Composition is hunter mage rogue uh dk 1 shammy heals 1 pally heals 1 druid heals warrior bear tank and a shammy dps. Any advice or hep would be appreciated, frost tombs seem to be a problem with positioning as well.
    We have tried the los behind tombs strat splitting the grp, two tanks, etc etc and fail consistently.
    thanks

can anyone tell me which addon it is that the fury warrior is using, to let him know when to use his slam?

+ Reply to Thread