Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Icecrown Sindragosa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrUfEv7639Y

"
    a hard day to tank.."

... Sindragosa25 HM filmed by an offtank :/
    sry 4 my f***ing English :>

Quote Originally Posted by Splug View Post
    Stingray went into the DBM .lua code between attempts and added that functionality. Unless he has his modified DBM posted somewhere, you'll probably have to do it manually (though it seems DBM will always report players in the same order, so you could do something like the first three names go left to right in the front row, and the last two names are left and right in the back row).

-Splug
    Is there anyway I can get a copy of that file? I am not that great with writing mods and what not but that will help me out alot and I know a few others are bound to be looking for it.

I have 2 questions about this fight on 10 man.

1) Does using a tank in frost resist gear to do most of the phase 3 make that phase? If so any suggestions on gemming, other than getting defense capped?

2) Some ppl also mention using one tank and 2 heals and zerging phase 3. If you do this should the tank be in frost resist or regular gear and also what does the dps/heals do about the debuff as well as the tombs? Just to give you an idea if we did this strat our OT would dps and pull about 6000 and one of our healers would dps and do about the same....the rest of our dps would be about 8-10K.

Thanks

Ferdy30,

1) I have one tanked in both frost resist and doing it without frost resist gear. I prefer having frost resist gear though, i usally go with the belt and the boots and have those gemmed with stamina.

2) The dps you could can should be no problem for a zerg-tacc. For the frost tombs, we placed it in level with the tank and had ranged burn down the frost tombs, and melee helped if it was needed or melee wanted to reset their stacks. I think both our dps and healers reseted their stacks when they found they had time, i would guess they had about 6-10 when they did this, melee taking a few more. Just remember to have one healer able to reach the tank at all times. Also it should be possible to zerg it with 1 tank 6 dps and 3 healers if you feel that your healer will contribute more as a healer and you have people falling off during ph2.
    Last edited by Bertus; 04-26-2010 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ferdy30 View Post
    I have 2 questions about this fight on 10 man.

1) Does using a tank in frost resist gear to do most of the phase 3 make that phase? If so any suggestions on gemming, other than getting defense capped?

2) Some ppl also mention using one tank and 2 heals and zerging phase 3. If you do this should the tank be in frost resist or regular gear and also what does the dps/heals do about the debuff as well as the tombs? Just to give you an idea if we did this strat our OT would dps and pull about 6000 and one of our healers would dps and do about the same....the rest of our dps would be about 8-10K.

Thanks
    Frost Resistance really isn't going to change a lot of factors aside from mitigating her Frost Breath and Frost Aura abilities. Killed her last night with just Frost Resist Aura. When you have two shamans and a paladin healing, survivability is a bit easier then the priest, paladin and druid combo we usually were running it with. The hardest part of the last phase is ice block placement and killing them while maintaining DPS on the boss. You shouldn't risk trying to solo tank the last phase, because there are far too many RNG factors and your tank can die really easily, even OT's can die during the phase. Remember you have to burn through 35% of her health in the final phase, when you are dealing with all the Frost Tombs and Mystic Buffet stack dropping, your DPS won't consistently be on the boss. Unless both your tanks happen to be bear druids and can pop between Cat and Dire Bear forms, you could possibly try to solo tank it with one in Cat form and if your one tank happens to drop, you have a second to swap forms and taunt the boss.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

Quote Originally Posted by RavenPrime View Post
    Didn't see anyone mention this before but Warrior Intervene removes the debuff from Frost Breath. Was having problems on our first attempt getting to the frost tombs during phase 2 b/c the debuff caused me to be running in slow motion. So I used Intervene and nicely, the debuff disappeared.
    Yes, I found this also to be quite handy.

And on top of that, "Every man for himself" also removes the debuff. We also tried Hand of Freedom, but this one didn´t work. Every man for him self is a 2 Min CD slow-remover and works all the time (I use it, when I get more than one stack of the slow).

I was told as a duel wield frost deathknight tank, that I would take too many of her counter-attacky debuffs on this fight, and simply would not be able to clear it with my current spec.

I'm not looking for tips on respec, just confirmation of this if it's true, or if it was just another trade-chat-troll dk hating. My weapons are both slow (2.60) and my gear should be plenty enough for this encounter (5800 GS)

Armory for Ghiacciĝ if you'd like.

Thanks!

The resetting of the Mystic Buffet stacks seems to be very similar to resetting the stacks in the Garfrost encounter. As a mage, I found that if I use Mage Armor I never have to hide behind the boulders, the effect just drops off me after 1-2 stacks. Would this work here as well?

Edit: nvm, answered my own question with a little more research, and I can't delete this post. Answer seems to be no - according to wowhead, Garfrost's debuff shows "Dispel type: Magic", and the Mystic Buffet debuff shows "Dispel type: n/a". I'd still welcome live confirmation, though, if anyone's tried it.
    Last edited by Taliyah; 05-17-2010 at 02:42 PM.

Was wondering if anyone had confirmation on the mechanic of blistering cold/icy grip being avoidable via los during phase 3. We havent been able to test this yet, but would give me some good info for next weeks attempts.

So im going to be tanking this for the first time tonight. Guild has been getting her to 20% consistently and then people start dropping and we wipe. Im planing on using frost resist boots, belt, and chest. Sadly i dont have an ony ring that i can use. Is it safe to assume double stam trinkets are better then glype and the key? My OT is going to be a feral druid and i was wondering if we should try and solo tank it and have him pick her up if im in trouble or just duel tank it. Which one do you guys think is easier considering our dps and healers are having problems staying alive in phase 3.
    Last edited by Kyoki; 06-09-2010 at 01:26 PM.

Well, can we just zerg it now? i mean with the 25% increase dmg is like having a 30man instead 25; we should be able to zerg 3rd phase easily right?
    When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity. - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Daimon View Post
    Well, can we just zerg it now? i mean with the 25% increase dmg is like having a 30man instead 25; we should be able to zerg 3rd phase easily right?
    Let us know how it goes. You can't forget the mechanics of the ice tombs. The come fast and furious, and eventually, you won't have any heals or dps alive to dps Sindragosa.
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

Hi Guys
    My guild 10 Man team is currently running through the first 10 fights in ICC, however we are seriously struggling with Sinda. Getting her down to phase 3 without a drama, BUT our shammy heals has a speed issue in moving away from the icy pull fast enough to avoid the AOE and dies every time. Is there something else we could try? Have used Aspect of the Pack, Speed Potions, Standing at her back legs, Standing by her front legs etc. It only seems to be the shammy having problems. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticcow View Post
    Hi Guys
    My guild 10 Man team is currently running through the first 10 fights in ICC, however we are seriously struggling with Sinda. Getting her down to phase 3 without a drama, BUT our shammy heals has a speed issue in moving away from the icy pull fast enough to avoid the AOE and dies every time. Is there something else we could try? Have used Aspect of the Pack, Speed Potions, Standing at her back legs, Standing by her front legs etc. It only seems to be the shammy having problems. Any suggestions?
    AotP=Aspect of the Stun, for everyone. Not a good idea. Is he keyboard turning, if so...tell him to just run forward or learn to do a uber-fast 180 turn w/ his mouse. Is his computer laggy? Soulstone and Brez.

It's not our shammy having the issues....it's one mage and our priest. BUT..here's the thing...their issue is more of a "I'm new to raiding, and my reaction times to getting out of bad stuff are slow" than a "I'm just plain bad" thing. We've started doing their raid awareness for them in vent. Announcing when the Grip is incoming, when oozes are spawning, switch targets, that kind of thing. Most people would just dump them out of the raid group, I know. But really, how are they gonna learn? Any PuG will boot 'em for incompetance the second they don't get outta stuff. We take the "we'll hold your hand, kinda, but really, we have other stuff to do, so learn quick" approach.

@Mysticcow, we have 2 pallies in our raid, so every single icy pull we have a divine gardien up, helps a lot, because even if people are too slow, they will not necessarily oneshot. Worst case you can hit a DG and a Auramastery at the same time to further reduce the damage.

An alternative would be to have a holy priest hit him with a bubble with the speed thingy

Hey Guys
    Thank you for the info, and we tried it, and it works.
    However it appears that we have a plan failure in that we cannot get past this damm dragon.
    Spent 6 hours on her tonight, and the best we did was getting her down to 11%.
    Have tried the Tankspot fight suggestion, tried a couple of others on U Tube, tried changing healer/tanking combo's etc.
    Raid make up was 2 x shammy heals, 1 x resto druid, 1 x Pally tank, 1 x Frost DK Tank, (both tanks well over 60k HP), mage, hunter, 3 dk dps(2 unholy 1 blood).
    Changed the pally into holy, one of the dk's into tanking (giving 2 dk tanks), resto shammy and druid, and still could not break that 11%.
    Any ideas on a different strategy on downing her?

This may be a dumb question but are the tanks supposed to stack thru the phases or where should the ot stand while not tanking?

Quote Originally Posted by Carthial View Post
    This may be a dumb question but are the tanks supposed to stack thru the phases or where should the ot stand while not tanking?
    Pally MT, DK OT is our set up. The DK hangs out in blood presence, smacking the hell out of the dragon, until phase 3, unless for some reason I get an ungodly number of Chilled to the Bone stacks.

omg i hate this boss my 10 man team and my 25 man team have been stuck on her for EVER!! we can get her down to about 10 percent but since we dont have a shaman in the raid group we normally get overwhelmed for some reason....if we had a shaman we could get her down alot easier but the only 80 shaman in our guild is already in another raid group. so i guess where just gonna have to step it up if we wanna kill her.

Hey Guys
    Downed her.!! woot.
    Brought in a Disc Priest, and kept the DK and Pally Tank. DK's can cheat by using Anti Magic Shield to remove Chilled to the Bone and Blistering Cold. Other thing we found is if ranged stay at max, they do not get pulled in by Blistering Cold. This includes the heals. Pop AoD and Blood Lust just as she enters Phase 2 (ground phase) and used a tank at each end, so spun her 180 degrees for the tank rotation, worked a dream. By spinning her 180 degree, there is alway a frost tomb beside the tank to get rid of the DoT.

+ Reply to Thread