+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Icecrown Sindragosa

Quote Originally Posted by Shocktherapy View Post
    Regarding Splug's video, I notice Stingray using a mod to help position players afflicted with Frost Beacons; I imagine this will make the fight alot simpler and avoid 2 people going to the same designated FB spot. Can anyone tell me what mod this is? Is it an option with DBM?
    Stingray went into the DBM .lua code between attempts and added that functionality. Unless he has his modified DBM posted somewhere, you'll probably have to do it manually (though it seems DBM will always report players in the same order, so you could do something like the first three names go left to right in the front row, and the last two names are left and right in the back row).

-Splug

Hey
    I don't know if anyone missed my first post.

How many stacks of magic buffet should the tanks be switching at?
    Rough estimate?

We seemed to have difficulty dealing with the magic pull + ice tomb phase 3 combo in 10 man. I think the issue was making sure people were out of the blast radius, but we'd get a second ice tomb shortly there after. We'd push her past %35 very shortly after an air phase which makes me question if anyone's plan is to hold off pushing to phase 3 until after a magic pull. Does this allow for better staggering of ice tomb and magic pull cooldowns? We didn't notice a magic pull timer. Is it used at regular intervals or cooldown based? The magic pull can be LoS'd, can the subsequent AoE be LoS'd as well? This would lead me to believe that dropping a properly timed ice block in melee range could provide a larger LoS area (how ever in an earlier post notes a hunter attempting to LoS at range from the block was getting hit, which may have been due to a bad judgment of the line) and prevent anyone from having to run away from the blast.

The line of sight only works close or semi-close to the Ice Tomb. I imagine it's because of how big Sindragosa is. Not sure if it works the same way for the Frost Bombs or not since they are smaller.

From my experience being out of line of sight doesn't counter the 25 yard aoe, although we did it safe and ran away without testing the theory.
    Had an attempt where one turtled behind it and died, but don't know if he was properly positioned or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenron View Post
    Hey
    I don't know if anyone missed my first post.

How many stacks of magic buffet should the tanks be switching at?
    Rough estimate?
    We do the ten man with 1 tank in normal tanking gear tanking P1 & P2, then a tank with Frost Resi gear tanks P3. The FR tank can easily take stacks up to 10-15 without healers getting annoyed, then the first tank holds aggro long enough for the FR tank to reset and come back (usually around 5-7 sec getting 1 or maybe 2 stacks).

Is there any conformation regarding whether or not if someone is left in Ice Tomb too long in P3 they will suffocate? If not I'm going to test this in 25 man tomorrow. My guild only struggles on this phase either if one of the tanks gets slowed in P3 and can't taunt in time or during a magic pull, normally occuring within a second or two after the second ice Tomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Roksta View Post
    Is there any conformation regarding whether or not if someone is left in Ice Tomb too long in P3 they will suffocate? If not I'm going to test this in 25 man tomorrow.
    Yes they will suffocate if left in the tomb.
    Why would ice tombs work any differently in Phase 3 than they do in the air phase?
    "Upon an order we plead, with the lure of a song, a sacred song, to the moon and the stars. An illusionary light is here placed."

Quote Originally Posted by tuffmuffin View Post
    Yes they will suffocate if left in the tomb.
    Why would ice tombs work any differently in Phase 3 than they do in the air phase?
    Because there's no definitive time that would indicate them starting to suffocate, like after the 4th Frost Bomb in P2.

Are you just assuming they do or is there some fact/experience behind that? I too am curious, since some strategies suggest not breaking tombs anymore after 10-15%. Are these tombs dying, or just sitting there? (It takes a bit to get 10%->0% still, enough that someone suffocating after a bit would die.

Quote Originally Posted by Trexokor View Post
    Are you just assuming they do or is there some fact/experience behind that? I too am curious, since some strategies suggest not breaking tombs anymore after 10-15%. Are these tombs dying, or just sitting there? (It takes a bit to get 10%->0% still, enough that someone suffocating after a bit would die.
    Fact and experience behind it. I've run run off towards to beacon when a wipe was called as the OT to get frozen and hopefully survive until the rest of the raid died and eventually you do run out of air.
    "After the 4th Frost Bomb in P2" is your definitive time. That phase has a duration and that bomb is a set time in said duration.
    Strategies suggest just ignoring them at 10-15% because at that point you should be able to safely zerg her down with remaining DPS. The tombs just sit there and eventually die.
    "Upon an order we plead, with the lure of a song, a sacred song, to the moon and the stars. An illusionary light is here placed."

We are just falling apart in phase 3 here.

I've been watching videos - how many stacks EXACTLY do melee / physical DPS get during phase 3? Some videos I've seen them going up to 2-3, while others have them not attacking the boss at all...

Sindra the cold dragon

Ok downed her 2 times in 10 man when the magic de-buff goes out the healer stops all heals, we run with 3 (druid, pally, shammy) the melee take 3 max our feral druid and ret pally play a dangerous game and go for 5 and bark skin/bubble out but I yell all the time when they do this and donít recommend it lol. We have been 2 tanking it and swapping at 4-5 sooner is possible but things happen and the most Iíve taken is 10 with shield wall up. Tonight we will be running the FR tank (me) with the normal tank (war) just to see if it makes it "easy" or not.
    Oh our casters i believe take 2-3 but seen our mage get stupid and take more. These de-buffs add strain to your healers and if you run with the best you will live its all about putting that trust in your dps to be aware and your healers to do the job set down for them. Play smart and shes not so bad

I was wondering if there was a way to avoid the tanks getting ice tombed in P3. I asked because we had one attempt where, after i had been tanking the boss for the first 2/3 of the fight, the other tank taunted off me, i reset my stacks, and i got picked for Ice tomb 3 times in a row. The other tank ended up with over 20 stacks of Mystic buffet and got pieced out, so i taunted to try and saved the raid, thats when the 3rd frost tomb hit and i got frozen. (if anyone was wondering, YES, you do lose aggro while you are frozen) as much fun as it was to see Sindy kill my guild leader before he could DI someone, I still would rather have killed the boss that attempt and not had to do the fight again.

Sacrifice a ewe to the RNG Gods.

The only way to prevent someone getting the beacon is for them to have aggro from Sindragosa, so you got some pretty bad RNG in there Star.

on top of the 3 gnomish sacrifices i make to the loot gods on every trash pull? man, i better get red armor quick then...

So much RNG I find it hard to believe! In our attempts we stagger the ice blocks so that at times there are two up (which I think is unavoidable unless you've got all your dps on them), therefore you will never get 3 in a row and should be able to safely taunt once they've busted you out of that frosty jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Star Scythe View Post
    I was wondering if there was a way to avoid the tanks getting ice tombed in P3.
    Yes there is, by using Zerg tacts. Last times we have been going with 1 tank (me as pally with 300-350 frost resi) and 2 healers. The problem with this tact is that you have to have 2 strong healers since if 1 healer gets icetombed the other will have to solo heal for a while. Make sure that your dps is aware that a healer is icetombed!
    The second problem is that you need high dps. The tank cant clear the mystic buffet stack (not even bubble out of it) so you need to burn down P3 before the stacks reach unhealable proportions. Make sure you save all CDs for the last part when the tank gets over 15 stacks and synch them with her frost breath.
    With the new buff of Wrynn this tacts isnt as hard as it might sound.

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Eraser View Post
    So much RNG I find it hard to believe! In our attempts we stagger the ice blocks so that at times there are two up (which I think is unavoidable unless you've got all your dps on them), therefore you will never get 3 in a row and should be able to safely taunt once they've busted you out of that frosty jail.
    Being honest, we found Professor Putricide to be the worst fight for RNG up until we got rid of him last week by being bold and using two healers instead of three.

However...

We've spent two nights in there against Sindragosa so far, and seem to have just been horribly unlucky. After around four hours, we found we'd only pulled her about seven or eight times due to DC's, "necessary" afk's and other assorted accidents and mishaps that have seen people unable to actually sit at the keyboard for a prolonged period and play. In saying that, the choice of target for all of her abilities seems to be quite consistent. The first evening, she picked on the Restoration shaman practically every time, where last night she picked on the Balance druid constantly.

I've no idea why this is or why it would be, but it doesn't appear to be pure RNG from what I've seen so far.
    Unwavering Sentinel: Tales of a Protection Warrior Running Wild.
    http://unwaveringsentinel.blogspot.co.uk

From our experience in 10 man last night, it appears Unchained Magic can only be cast on 1 healer at a time. It was our first time on this boss, and we were running 3 healers, with a mage being our only other caster. When the mage was alive Unchained Magic always hit the mage and one of the healers. If the mage died, Unchained Magic would only be cast on one healer, not two.

hello i have noticed a big issue in our progress raids during p3 and i dont know how to solve it.
    When the OT came and taunted Sindragosa off me so i can go and reset by mystic buffet debuffs,he got a Mark over his head while he had full aggro from her with the result of being in a Ice Tomb.

Is that a bug or the RNG of the fight?

+ Reply to Thread