+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Icecrown Sindragosa

I think where we might gave been failing then is killing ice blocks to early, as we just got rid of them as soon as the others lost there buffets, guess well have to leave them up longer thanks alot for ure help

Hi Splug, what is the mod that the warrior is using to show debuff icons and a timer in P3? It looks something like power auras, but the texture highlighting seems different.

In our 10 man the next day, we almost wiped because a block died as soon as I got behind it, and as I was just about behind the next one I got pulled. Both tanks had over a 10 stack at this point. Especially in 10 mans the tanks really need to be the ones calling out when to break the phase 3 blocks but even in 25 man with three tanks this happened a few times. LISTEN TO THE TANKS in phase 3.

Exactly how long do you have to break the blocked people out before they get asphyxiation and start to die?

Quote Originally Posted by Faction View Post
    Hi Splug, what is the mod that the warrior is using to show debuff icons and a timer in P3? It looks something like power auras, but the texture highlighting seems different.
    It looks like Satrina Buff Frames to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylis View Post
    Exactly how long do you have to break the blocked people out before they get asphyxiation and start to die?
    In Phase II, the debuff is applied when she starts landing. In Phase III, I don't believe they suffocate but I'm not certain.

Hey was wondering if someone could give me a hand with some details about this encounter. So after easily clearing the rest of ICC last night, Sindragosa decided that is was her job to stop us from proceeding any further toward the Lich king as she so kindly informed us of when we pulled; However unlike other bosses threats she proceeded to destroy us. After hours wiping to her I am wondering if she isn't bugged for us so I would like to ask anyone else who has had a chance to fight this boss about some things, First off in Phase 3 should she still be casting Unchained Magic every 30 secs? If yes how are we supposed to not have healers build huge stacks of the debuff and die upon stopping casting? and secondly is it normal for two people to have the Unchained Magic like 99% of the time because our holy paladin and myself had Unchained magic every-time it was cast for every attempt we made? that doesn't just seem to be RNG to me either seen as how we used 18 attempts on her last night and could not push her past 20%. Thank you for your time and any insight you might be able to give.

Dumorne/Undead Warlock/Bloodshot-Maiev

Were you two pretty much the only casters?

Darksend's video talks about paladins being able to LoS the buffet almost 100% by beaconing the tank. Paladins, as far as I know, need to have LoS with the beaconed target as well in order for their heals to get copied (it is as if the paladin almost simultaneously casts two spells).
    Did this work for you because you found a way to position in order to LoS the aoe from the boss yet not LoS the tank? Is it the case that the buffet originates from the middle of the boss' hitbox and you can LoS that area without LoS-ing the dragon's head (tank). If so that would be applicable to any tank healer and not just paladins.

Thanks for your time.

I heard that a deathknight tank could use ams in phase 3 to prevent a buffet from being applied and thus lose his stack, can anyone confirm this? If that were the case it would be a great help for us as I could dps.

I heard they hotfixed that.

no there were 5 casters in total. 3 healers (Resto shammy, Holy Priest, and Holy Paladin) and two ranged dps (A Hunter and Myself; However i am not sure that Hunters can get the buff)

Quote Originally Posted by Churles View Post
    I heard that a deathknight tank could use ams in phase 3 to prevent a buffet from being applied and thus lose his stack, can anyone confirm this? If that were the case it would be a great help for us as I could dps.
    After looking for the hotfix Jamor said was implemented i found that, they did indeed change it.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...48763261&sid=1

"Anti Magic Shell no longer resets the Mystic Buffet stacks in the Sindragosa encounter."

How does Sindragosa choose people for unchained magic? Is it only people at range? Is it people with mana and if so what is to prevent a ret pally or enh shammy or hunter from getting it?

Quote Originally Posted by bigmeanie View Post
    Darksend's video talks about paladins being able to LoS the buffet almost 100% by beaconing the tank. Paladins, as far as I know, need to have LoS with the beaconed target as well in order for their heals to get copied (it is as if the paladin almost simultaneously casts two spells).
    Did this work for you because you found a way to position in order to LoS the aoe from the boss yet not LoS the tank? Is it the case that the buffet originates from the middle of the boss' hitbox and you can LoS that area without LoS-ing the dragon's head (tank). If so that would be applicable to any tank healer and not just paladins.

Thanks for your time.
    Your speculation is exactly correct as far as I know. I believe Beacon heals follow LoS rules, but you can easily position in LoS of the tank but out of LoS from the center of the dragon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Churles View Post
    As already mentioned, this has been hotfixed and no longer works (but it did on Tuesday night).
    How does Sindragosa choose people for unchained magic? Is it only people at range? Is it people with mana and if so what is to prevent a ret pally or enh shammy or hunter from getting it?
    I do not have any hard information as to what it does or does not target, but based on our WOL parses ( http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u...ses&boss=36853 ), no hunters or melee hybrids were selected over 255 casts of the spell. Perhaps it's based on total mana, requiring you to have over ~20k mana to be a legal target? That'd rule out rets/enh/hunters. I am not certain, but that's speculation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumorne View Post
    Hey was wondering if someone could give me a hand with some details about this encounter. So after easily clearing the rest of ICC last night, Sindragosa decided that is was her job to stop us from proceeding any further toward the Lich king as she so kindly informed us of when we pulled; However unlike other bosses threats she proceeded to destroy us. After hours wiping to her I am wondering if she isn't bugged for us so I would like to ask anyone else who has had a chance to fight this boss about some things, First off in Phase 3 should she still be casting Unchained Magic every 30 secs? If yes how are we supposed to not have healers build huge stacks of the debuff and die upon stopping casting? and secondly is it normal for two people to have the Unchained Magic like 99% of the time because our holy paladin and myself had Unchained magic every-time it was cast for every attempt we made? that doesn't just seem to be RNG to me either seen as how we used 18 attempts on her last night and could not push her past 20%. Thank you for your time and any insight you might be able to give.

Dumorne/Undead Warlock/Bloodshot-Maiev
    Unchained magic, coupled with one of the worst voiceover lines in ICC, occurs roughly every 30 seconds while she's on the ground. In 10 man, you're best off mitigating the effects of Unchained Magic by running 3 healers (the only case where all three are shut down would be if two get unchained and the last gets an ice tomb). Failing that, you can try to use cooldowns to brute force survive huge backlash stacks. Holy priests can GS themselves, holy paladins can DS. Just cast freely (being sure to reset the backlash before it ticks out) until unchained magic fades, then pop the cooldown and keep going. While it's possible there's a mechanic I'm not familiar with guiding who gets the debuff, I suspect you two having it that regularly is largely a combination of perception and RNG.

-Splug

Anyone tried to have everyone in melee range to test if unchained magic only targets at range?

From the evidence provided by someone in the other thread where their enh shammy only got it when he started casting heals to wipe his physical based stacks it seems like it targets people while they are in a cast time, as hunters and enh shammys and ret pallys use spells but with maelstrom for the enh shammy they are all instant. This seems like a highly exploitable loophole once known. Also using that info you could essentially choose who you want it on whenever it's about to run out on it's current target given that from what I hear it's always on one person in the 10 man.
    Last edited by Kylis; 02-07-2010 at 01:49 PM.

Thanks for those guide, very helpful.

I have a question regarding P3. In our attmept tonight it happenned twice than on the first tank transition, the second tank would taunt off me and I bail instantly, but right as he taunt she start channeling a breath, with the slow debuff she succeeded in catching my still in the cone of her breath, any suggestion on how to avoid that ? Freedom in advance ? I thought about intervening someone but melee were too close and range were too far
    Last edited by Felonys; 02-08-2010 at 12:16 AM.

From the evidence provided by someone in the other thread where their enh shammy only got it when he started casting heals to wipe his physical based stacks it seems like it targets people while they are in a cast time, as hunters and enh shammys and ret pallys use spells but with maelstrom for the enh shammy they are all instant. This seems like a highly exploitable loophole once known. Also using that info you could essentially choose who you want it on whenever it's about to run out on it's current target given that from what I hear it's always on one person in the 10 man.
    How is it i get it as a druid while spamming rejuv ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sitar View Post
    How is it i get it as a druid while spamming rejuv ?
    yeah after getting it at various points im gonna scrap that theory, however i did find out that if you cast an instant immediately after you finish a spell with a cast time greater than your gcd it will not count that instant towards the stacks.

Regarding Splug's video, I notice Stingray using a mod to help position players afflicted with Frost Beacons; I imagine this will make the fight alot simpler and avoid 2 people going to the same designated FB spot. Can anyone tell me what mod this is? Is it an option with DBM?

+ Reply to Thread