+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What to get now?

small bump

approaching 60 frost emblems again.

cant decide whether to get the gloves, belt, or corroded skeletal key. any insight?

Belt.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Belt.

I concur. Get the belt, slap on a belt buckle, add 3 +30 stams.

I'd add 2 +30 stam gems and 1 +10agi/+15stam gem, or expertise/stam if you need that. Red socket with +9 stam is a good place to activate your meta if you need it or if you're using a lesser socket bonus to get it. If you don't really need it then sure I guess go ahead and gem all stam.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Ok thanks guys. I actually just got my JC to 375. I went from 1 - 375 (what a pain in the ass) so I'm planning on dropping 3 51 stam gems into it i hope.

Trying to decide between 240 armor and threat, but I don't seem to have threat issues except with aoe which seems like a hopeless area with good dps. any thoughts?

bumpies

I've got the belt and gloves now. Should I aim for cataclysmic or skeleton key? Im thinking the key since I have ghoul commander's cuirass.

No offense man, but you really need to be making your own decisions on this, we've given you all the resources you need, but we can't keep telling you every single upgrade you should go for. You need to learn not only what to get next, but why you're getting those pieces. Figure out which pieces give you the biggest stat upgrade and go from there.

I know, I apologize but I'm usually trying to figure out the min/max best to get next. I've since got ram skull helm and neverending winter (woo, finally!). I'm thinking of purchasing the t10 shoulders so I can eventually get sanctified t10, or is there a better option?

bump

You should start using this -

Wowhead.com Profiler; it allows you to swap in gear, gems and enchants to show " what if " scenarios with gear.

From there, you can pick what's best for you.

thank you i will

Tried to use the wow profiler, but it wouldn't see my character. Right now I'm debating on the skeleton key or t10 piece (shoulders most likely). I like having the armor but for progressing it seems like a better option to have stamina instead. I'm not too keen on the shoulders because they're such a small upgrade (less than +10 stats the for everything)

well. another dilemma, I jsut got the t10 leggings from voa. so if I got shoulders, I could have two piece bonus. a fair bit more threat there

http://www.tankingtips.com/2009/12/2...st-pick-order/
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/5...ses-worth.html

Basically you can get better stats if you use pillars of might over tier 10 legs, if you go for teir, get shoulders/helm, but only the 264 versions, the 251 versions are very underwhelming. If you think you can get 2 tokens soon and have the badges, get shoulders/helm next, bank the legs and get pillars of might if you don't already. If you dont think you can get 2 tokens soon, then go pick up the skeleton key.

Sadly, I cannot afford pillars of might. I've never been one to make tons of money on wow, mainly because I'm not sure how others are making tens of thousands lol. I won't be able to get tokens anytime soon, so I think I'll have to grab the skeleton key then.

I'd also like to mention I do have The black heart that I could put on and I'm also a couple emblems away from 95, so I COULD pick up cataclysmic chestguard since it's quite high on your list.

Glyph of Indom is good on fights with a lot of incoming physical damage because of the significant bump in armor it gives you. Armor removes a static percentage of incoming physical damage and its always there for you when you need it. On fights where there's a lot of inbound magic damage heading your way, a trinket with stam will keep you alive longer. Tanking is probably the most situational role you can perform in a raid when it comes to choosing gear and picking the right gear set for the right boss can make a big difference.

You might want to reconsider your shield and weapon enchant too. Dodge is nerfed in ICC so any avoidance offered by Mongoose is halved, making blade warding a more attractive avoidance enchant for worriers. As for your titanium plating, defense or even stam would be better choices.

+ Reply to Thread