+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Icecrown Valithria Dreamwalker

Hey,

Im a druid healer and my guild is up to this fight in 10 man
    I was wondering if HealBot Continued worked with this boss?
    Does it put it in it's own box
    Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
    Your Subscription to life has ended. Would you like to renew?

Quote Originally Posted by Chirran View Post
    Hey,

Im a druid healer and my guild is up to this fight in 10 man
    I was wondering if HealBot Continued worked with this boss?
    Does it put it in it's own box
    Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
    HealBot is a raid frame. Did you're raid leader invite dreamwalker into the raid? NPCs can't be grouped with players, they can fight along side you, but they still are not in your party or raid.

I guess it would be possible however to make a hack to a raid frame to have it include the boss frame as well, but that only makes sense in this context where the boss is friendly and you are helping the boss.

If you're responsible for healing the big dragon, just heal the big dragon. Your raid frame takes up like 10% of your screen, the boss takes up about 80%. It's a big dragon, you shouldn't have any problem targeting it.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    HealBot is a raid frame. Did you're raid leader invite dreamwalker into the raid? NPCs can't be grouped with players, they can fight along side you, but they still are not in your party or raid.

I guess it would be possible however to make a hack to a raid frame to have it include the boss frame as well, but that only makes sense in this context where the boss is friendly and you are helping the boss.

If you're responsible for healing the big dragon, just heal the big dragon. Your raid frame takes up like 10% of your screen, the boss takes up about 80%. It's a big dragon, you shouldn't have any problem targeting it.
    Fail.
    Set Focus to Dreamwalker and he'll be in your Healbot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwidin View Post
    Fail.
    Set Focus to Dreamwalker and he'll be in your Healbot.
    Focus is lost when you zone in and out of the Dream State. Whenever you are out of phase with your focus you lose it.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

My guild continues to run into trouble with this, and I'm not quite sure why. Last night we swapped in a Holy Pally in place of a DK DPS to three heal it (previously our only two healers were a Shammy/Druid). The issue is we eventually get swamped by mobs; they start coming out way too fast and we can't keep up. Presumably this happens because we're taking too long (WoL shows the fight lasting just over 6 minutes). Is there anything short of beating our Healers into shape that we can do to fix this? And, do you need three heals for this fight? We normally only run with two, and unfortunately nobody else in the raid has a heal offspec, and I'm not a fan of asking someone to bring in a different toon for one boss.

Quote Originally Posted by obiwayne View Post
    My guild continues to run into trouble with this, and I'm not quite sure why. Last night we swapped in a Holy Pally in place of a DK DPS to three heal it (previously our only two healers were a Shammy/Druid). The issue is we eventually get swamped by mobs; they start coming out way too fast and we can't keep up. Presumably this happens because we're taking too long (WoL shows the fight lasting just over 6 minutes). Is there anything short of beating our Healers into shape that we can do to fix this? And, do you need three heals for this fight? We normally only run with two, and unfortunately nobody else in the raid has a heal offspec, and I'm not a fan of asking someone to bring in a different toon for one boss.
    The better your DPS is at killing the adds, the longer you can last in the fight, however eventually you will always be overrun if you take too long. Around 7 minutes they will start spawning Blazing Skeletons faster than you can kill them. DPS job is to deal with the adds as efficiently as possible. If they do this, their is rarely additional adds up. For example if they are quick to kill a Lich or Zombie that spawns, they are freed up to immediately kill Suppressors when they spawn. Cleaning up the adds fast reduces raid damage and gets rid of the suppressors faster to increase healing. Also, the less damage you take, the less strain on your healers and they heal the boss more.

The other aspect of the fight comes down to the healing you dedicate to the boss, and their skill in flying through the dream state. This is a new experience for healers and simply put, not everyone learns at the same pace. This encounter is in general considered a three healer fight and one tank fight. One mistake many beginners make is to still use two tanks on this fight, that isn't necessary on 10 man. Since you are running with fewer tanks than usual, you can afford the luxury of an additional healer to heal the boss.

How much HPS are your healers doing before the first portal? How much HPS are they averaging for the fight? Low HPS at the start can indicate improper methods employed for the encounter. Low HPS over the course of the fight indicates failure at handling the dream state correctly. If either of these is falling short (either base healer performance, or their performance at handling the mechanics) you will have issues with the encounter.

The most likely issue however is overall control of the encounter. Simply put, if you aren't dealing with the trash efficiently enough, suppressors sit on the boss longer hindering your healing. Clean execution results in significantly higher healing because of that.

If you're surviving for more than 6 minutes than you're providing enough time for your healers.

The fight is 2 healable although 3 is prefferred. If you're running Pala, Shammy, Druid ideally you'll want your Paladin and Shaman entering the portals and your druid staying out to raid heal.

Around the time the healers exit the 4th portal the dragon should be at 75% HP or more. Both healers should also have at least 20 stacks of the buff each. At this point the healers can stay out and burn heroism and heal the dragon to full.

The reasons you could be failing could be one of the following:
    1) They're bad healers, they're simply not healing properly. This seems unlikely though as all they need to do is target Valithria and bomb her with their biggest heal.
    2) They're not getting enough stacks of the buff or the buffs are falling off. They should be getting around 5 stacks each phase at least, check each healer each time they exit the portals, if they're only collecting 2 or 3 buffs per phase of if their buffs are falling off then they need to improve their bubble popping.
    3) Suppresors aren't being killed. Suppresors put a stacking MS debuff on valithria, they should be your 2nd DPS priority after blazing skeletons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Winkle View Post
    The fight is 2 healable although 3 is prefferred. If you're running Pala, Shammy, Druid ideally you'll want your Paladin and Shaman entering the portals and your druid staying out to raid heal.
    Ideally yes, however don't be approach the assignments with a closed mind. The individual player makes a huge difference. A druid that is simply better at it, will be better. I've outhealed paladins and shamen as a balance druid simply because I was able to handle the mechanics better.

Ideally, you'd want the shaman and the paladin because their single target throughput is higher. However if the paladin or shaman just can't handle it, swap people around. Don't have fixed assignments just because its ideal because your players may not be ideal even if their class is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Winkle View Post
    Around the time the healers exit the 4th portal the dragon should be at 75% HP or more. Both healers should also have at least 20 stacks of the buff each. At this point the healers can stay out and burn heroism and heal the dragon to full.
    This may be a bit early to stay out, especially for people just learning the encounter. If they were more experienced then perhaps. For a raid just learning the encounter I would say to save heroism for around the 90% mark.

You also have to keep in mind, Heroism may not increase the performance of certain healers. For instance a Druid already at their haste cap will see little to no improvement. Some benefit more from the buff than others so keep that in mind.
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 07-29-2010 at 11:32 AM.

I think it's worth mentioning that Amplify Magic can be a HUGE help on this fight. Dreamwalker doesnt take much magical damage much herself and the extra healing can really help the portal jumpers.

Also some hunter pets have a 40% increased healing effects talent. You can, in fact, Beacon Dreamwalker and heal the pet and healing is increased by 40%.

These 2 little things can help make the encounter go a little faster so your dps and tanks do not get overcome with adds

Quote Originally Posted by Fireflight View Post
    Also some hunter pets have a 40% increased healing effects talent. You can, in fact, Beacon Dreamwalker and heal the pet and healing is increased by 40%.
    This is not entirely accurate. The healing done by the beacon is not increased by 40%. The healing done by the glyph's AoE effect is however. If you intend on doing this it is important that the pet be next to the boss at all times so the AoE effect caused by Glyph of Holy Light hits the boss. Effectively, this adds 4% more healing on the boss.

Can someone confirm whether the following works. I've read conflicting views so would be interested to hear from someone that has actually tried/used this.

Have a hunter bring a tenacity pet with 2 points in Blood of the Rhino ( http://www.wowhead.com/spell=53482 ) and park it near the boss. Have a holy paladin beacon Dreamwalker and spam heals on the hunters pet. Dreamwalker then receives the heals including the 40% bonus from the Blood of the Rhino.

Quote Originally Posted by swollenpickles View Post
    Can someone confirm whether the following works. I've read conflicting views so would be interested to hear from someone that has actually tried/used this.

Have a hunter bring a tenacity pet with 2 points in Blood of the Rhino ( http://www.wowhead.com/spell=53482 ) and park it near the boss. Have a holy paladin beacon Dreamwalker and spam heals on the hunters pet. Dreamwalker then receives the heals including the 40% bonus from the Blood of the Rhino.
    I had just confirmed the correction to that information in the post prior.

The 40% only applies to the Holy Light cast on target. The Beacon of Light does not gain the modifiers of the original target. However, Glyph of Holy Light causes 10% of your Holy Light healing to also heal up to 5 targets in a small area of the target. That 10% is based off the original Holy Light amount. You can buff the Glyph of Holy Light healing by 40%, you can not buff your Beacon of Light healing by 40% in this way. This same rule applies to all type of healing received modifiers (such as feral druids in cat form). The Beacon does not gain the additional benefit.

The reason why you "park the pet near the boss" is because only the splash heal is increased. All the healing modifiers are multipliers. Since this 4% increase (10% of a 40% increase) is also multiplied by the ICC zone buff of 30% and your stacks of the encounter debuff (for simplicity lets say 20, or +200%) you'd get a net effect closer to +15.6% (instead of +4%) at a 20 stack. You would need a 67 stack on the debuff before it would effectively increase your healing on the boss by 40%.
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 08-16-2010 at 07:33 PM.

I need help finding the names of these addons. can someone help me out.

Thanks a million
    Thronde

+ Reply to Thread