+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Icecrown Valithria Dreamwalker

OK, so i appreciate the lack of info. I really do. All i can take from this thread is that as a disc priest i should A respec holy or B stay out and raid heal, as single target healer.... none of this sounds any kinds of apealing. I'm surpriesed that nobody has any help for what a disc priest should be doing in this. I'm a stategist at heart so i've tried different strats but generally our tank/dps gets wipedout from blistering zombies each time.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudfaith View Post
    As a disc priest by trade i can only see myself being total fail sauce for this encounter as i'm MT healer and usually the last to fall. The best i can see is to be that lone healer holding the fort while others take the portals. Being disc by trade i don't see a reason to respec holy (to which i'm completely not geared for holy) just for a single encounter. My single target buffs only only benificial to myself and my pain suppression dropping it on him/her to reduce the amount of damage being knocked back off due to raid damage, and power infusion on a healer stomping out of the portals stacked full of debuff ready to heal. So agan i can only see my roll as waving to the other healers as they take potals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proudfaith View Post
    OK, so i appreciate the lack of info. I really do. All i can take from this thread is that as a disc priest i should A respec holy or B stay out and raid heal, as single target healer.... none of this sounds any kinds of apealing. I'm surpriesed that nobody has any help for what a disc priest should be doing in this. I'm a stategist at heart so i've tried different strats but generally our tank/dps gets wipedout from blistering zombies each time.
    Was there a question in your post that required answering? Seems like you are complaining that no one offered any advice to you when you never asked for any. All I see are statements and complaints.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

I have an issue with positioning, our main problem is we're getting too many adds to control, and we get to the enrage with too many adds, so:

1- What is a decent amount of time to get to lets say 75%? (we send 4 healers inside)
    2- How many stacks they should get in each portal phase? (assuming they are not losing any, we get the boss to 75% at 5min~ but things seems to stop then)
    3- How you should set raid positioning?
    We are recently running with lots of melee, so we have 4 each side (where the suppresers stand), we put healers and caster in the middle of the boss so they can reach the raid or the blazing skells, and the 2 tanks are in the front of the room getting the abominations, for supressers we divide DPS and put range to AOE 1 side at a time, then all in skells then melee on mages and casters on the abos then AOEing. Is there anything wrong here?
    I've heard ppl saying that is better to nuke suppressers even before skells, others that skeels have top priority then mages, what we do is: Skells>Suppressers> (melee Mages and range Zombies/Abos).
    When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity. - Albert Einstein

I don't think your issue is add control, though it would be difficult to say w/o a video capture, instead I think you are healing the dragon too slowly.

First off, send three healers in the portals. I know it sounds counter intuitive, but sending in one less healer will actually increase your ability to build larger stacks on your best single target healers, in turn healing the dragon faster.

A few answers:
    (1) I don't have an exact number, but the entire encounter shouldn't last longer than, say, 5:30.
    (2) That will change if you decide to take my advice and send in three healers. With three, 7-8 per trip isn't unreasonable, 5-6 is adequite, and any less is fail.
    (3) Your raid positioning seems fine. I would remove the ranged and healers from the "middle" of the dragon, as they cannot dodge mana voids and "shoot you up in the air" voids if they cannot see them on the ground. Of course, if by "middle" you mean "near" the boss, then you're fine.

A couple of questions:
    (1) What healing classes do you have available, who are you sending in now?
    (2) Do you assign quadrants for your healers for orb collecting in the dreamstate?
    (3) Have you tried prioritizing Mages over suppressors for the raid overall, and just assign a few people to take down suppressors when they spawn?

Well, I don't mess with them in how they do it, 3 of the 4 we send they know how to do it and have experience from 10m,
    1- We send 1 Pally, 2 Shammys and 1 Holy Priest, ideally instead of the priest we send a resto druid but we didn't have one the last few attempts.
    2- No that i know.
    3- I set top priority Skells, then Supressors, then Mages, happens that sometimes the mages run by the supressors spot and we aggro the mage so we kill it before it kills some dps. We assing always melee on supressors + AOE from our casters, then we go to Archmages.
    When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity. - Albert Einstein

I would try the fight out with only sending in only your pally and shaman (shamans? shamanses?). I think you'll be surprised.

Try setting quadrants for when your healers are in the dreamstate, like N, SW, SE. Like a Mercedes Benz logo. That way you will never have one healer assed out on orbs.

Put a slightly higher priority for "raid" DPS (ie-those w/o specific assignments) for mages. It really isn't the damage, but the snare that can really start getting you behind on adds. I would say they are more important than suppressors when you dragon healers are in the portal. Of course, I still suggest having a couple people on each side dedicated to burning suppressors (preferably DPS w/o a reliable interrupt).

awesome thanks, we will try that out next time.

Alright, we spent all night wiping on this fight on 10 man, and after it all I have a few questions.

We run a 3 healer, 5 dps, 2 tank setup for this fight we usually seem to be making it about to 6 minutes and some change every time before we wipe it up, which from what I'm reading so far shoud be plenty of time to have finished this fight. We have a shaman and a paladin constantly healing the boss and taking every portal and a druid healing the raid.

So, with that info, my questions are as follows.
    1. With 2 healers about how much HPS should they be looking at on a successful fight?
    2. How important is interrupting the mages frostbolt volley, ie. If its going off to much should it be stopping our healers from being able to take portals. Currently we have it WAY up in priority, with one dps on either side of the room who's job is almost completely to be interrupting them when they are up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shucks View Post
    Alright, we spent all night wiping on this fight on 10 man, and after it all I have a few questions.

We run a 3 healer, 5 dps, 2 tank setup for this fight we usually seem to be making it about to 6 minutes and some change every time before we wipe it up, which from what I'm reading so far shoud be plenty of time to have finished this fight. We have a shaman and a paladin constantly healing the boss and taking every portal and a druid healing the raid.

So, with that info, my questions are as follows.
    1. With 2 healers about how much HPS should they be looking at on a successful fight?
    2. How important is interrupting the mages frostbolt volley, ie. If its going off to much should it be stopping our healers from being able to take portals. Currently we have it WAY up in priority, with one dps on either side of the room who's job is almost completely to be interrupting them when they are up.
    One tank should be fine--our guild does it with only one tank, a paladin, and then a disc priest healing the raid and a resto shaman and resto druid on Val.

The two Val healers (myself the shaman, and our druid) usually pull about 8-9k HPS BEFORE the portals. Over the whole fight we average around 11k-13k each. Do you have World of Logs to show?

Small things, like making sure the shaman drops earth shield on your tank every once in a while, can make a big difference. But, if its taking more than 6 minutes, it may well be an issue with the healers.

Someone has to tell me what nameplates those are in the ten man video!

good job mate

May i ask what addon you uses for your actionbars?

just a quick question....im a holy pally and i was just wondering if it would benefit more to just beacon one of the tanks and keep heals up on val 24/7? i do this cuz we single tank this on regular 10m....but yesterday we tried the heroic 10m and healing val and leaving raid heals to our holy priest seems to not work....but when i beaconed val and went to raid heals....her life just kept depleting faster as opposed to my other way of healing.....BUT the raid was kept alive everytime im out of the portal.....any suggestions?? i TRUST our healers to heal the raid....but should i keep beaconing val and raid healing or just beacon a tank and bomb HL on val...?? any suggestions are appreciated

The two Val healers (myself the shaman, and our druid) usually pull about 8-9k HPS BEFORE the portals. Over the whole fight we average around 11k-13k each. Do you have World of Logs to show?
    Mate, I don't think (remember it's a think), that it is affordable to have two Val-healers, I solo healed it (Holy Paladin), and I came up to 36 stacks of Emerald Vigor and a avg. HPS of 26k while casting (Not counting time in the Emerald Dream). It would be easier doing the raid healing with 2 healers, and you'll get approximately the same Val healing with 1 Val healer. At least with a Pally Healer

by any chance can you list your addons or upload a pack of them to wow.curse.com your UI just look wonderful

i found a link in your youtube comments and i found it thanks a bunch
    Last edited by daedlues; 06-06-2010 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Request Found

So we tried this fight last night in our 10man, our biggest problem seemed to be the warrior tank saying he can't pick up the lil worms from the abominations he said he would thunderclap em but as soon as the TC wore off they would just run straight to the healers. is this more of a dps issue or tanking issue? as a dk, i was able to hold them just fine.

Honestly? Tank error. Warriors have plenty of tools to overcome healer aggro. There are several reasons why this could be, but my general guess is he isn't holding shockwave for the worms, but is instead using in a general threat rotation. TC->ShW->TC should be more than enough threat to keep the worms off healers. Also, is he subbing Cleave for HS as a rage dump when tanking the worms?
    Last edited by Spiritus; 06-29-2010 at 12:28 PM.

To be honest spiritus I'm not really sure what he's doing. I'll have to ask. As far as what/ how warriors tank i'm clueless since i've yet to play one, sorry if i sound like a noob. So a simply 3-5 worms pick up rotation would be TC -> ShW-> TC with some cleaves in there?

Essential tip for holy palas

Quote Originally Posted by Cupi View Post
    No replys at all?

Nice video, seems like a really funny fight

//edit: Just realized it's quite early in the US :P

Ok so basicly i discovered something incredible for holy palas=D 1st Put ur beacon on the fat boss
    2: stick on the boss, like 1 ft away
    3: spam holy light
    result: if u have holy light glyphed, theres a AOE heal that is produced that will heal u, friends, but the beacon of light will make the boss receive the extra heal and augment ur HPS by like 1000.
    Try it out!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Holyguy View Post
    Ok so basicly i discovered something incredible for holy palas=D 1st Put ur beacon on the fat boss
    2: stick on the boss, like 1 ft away
    3: spam holy light
    result: if u have holy light glyphed, theres a AOE heal that is produced that will heal u, friends, but the beacon of light will make the boss receive the extra heal and augment ur HPS by like 1000.
    Try it out!!!!!!
    Even better is to park a hunter pet with the +healing received talent next to VDW, beacon her and heal the pet for even more extra splash heals. Plus, it allows you to be more mobile.

+ Reply to Thread