+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Icecrown Valithria Dreamwalker

You should really aim for a third healer for this fight, hopefully someone in your raid has an offspec (paladin or shaman preferred). Keep your disc priest on the raid. If (s)he has a holy offspec, it might be beneficial for him/her to switch for glyphed GS.

We had our first 25man try at her yesterday, and had serious issues with the orbs lagging noticeably - they didn't in 10man.

But I noticed they have an AE radius. I remember reading about that for 10man too but our attempts to get the AE to work there failed so we concluded they did not have an AE - at least in the 10man version.
    Does anyone know more about that? Got the AE to work in the 10man?
    SQUEAK.
    -- (The Death of Rats, Terry Pratchett, Soul Music)

We had our first 25man try at her yesterday, and had serious issues with the orbs lagging noticeably - they didn't in 10man.

But I noticed they have an AE radius. I remember reading about that for 10man too but our attempts to get the AE to work there failed so we concluded they did not have an AE - at least in the 10man version.
    Does anyone know more about that? Got the AE to work in the 10man?
    SQUEAK.

Quote Originally Posted by invictius View Post
    Hello everybody. I've done a good amount of reading on this fight and have a simple lineup question for 10m.

We currently 3 heal ICC with a Holy Paladin, Holy Priest & Resto Shaman. Is this sufficient for VDW 10 or should we pickup a 4th healer, possibly in place of a tank?
    We 3-healed her, and there's two ways you can handle this:
    One is to let two people take the portal every time, and leave one to heal the raid. This can (and will, most likely) get messy when some bad spawns syncronize with the portals opening and one healer is left alone to heal everyone. This worked for us but it needs a very good healer to stay outside and needs very good support from everyone else with timers / interrupts / DPS-focus when bad stuff happens.
    The other is to let 1 take every portal, and let one take as many portals as possible. This is based on the observation that should I not drop my stack ever (Resto Shammy), I can heal her up alone before the timer runs out. <3 AA double-dipping on the healing buff. Paladins could potentially do this in even better since Beacon double-dips the same way and is 100% at base, not 30% like AA is. If you do this the idea is that the two healers staying outside try to spam Valithria every free waking second and one of them takes a portal if mana demands. Your Valithria healer takes every portal and casts no healing on the raid unless either absolutely necessary, or incidental.

In both setups try to produce a burst phase at the end where you ignore hte next portal, Heroism + Guardian Spirit (or at least either of them) and then heal her up to full before your stack expires - or right after.

I also read on wowhead that she has an invisible debuff to immunize her to the +healing of Guardian Spirit for 60 seconds after it is applied to her, can anyone comment on this? It'd make sense to make GS-chaining less powerful, but I couldn't verify this as we do not usually have 2+ Holy Priests.
    Last edited by KnThrak; 02-24-2010 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Engleesh is gudz, k? :P
    SQUEAK.

We got her up today! Smooth and easy fight! We had the following setup -> 2 tanks (pally and druid), 3 healers (Holy priest, Resto druid and Resto shaman (me), and 5 dps. We had the priest and druid to take the portals and me as a alone raid healer. It's kinda insane to be the lonely raid healers at some times, but if you have a resto druid as in this case you can always communicate with him to put up HotS on the tanks to prevent the zombie debuff to eat your tanks hp. We used this strategy and it spared my mana and spam healing alot. After that we had a clean and easy win.
    We made our first attempts on Syndragosa last night aswell. Got her down to 15% and we have control over phase 1 and 2 flawlessly. Think we will get her down soon. Dreamwalker is such an awesome fight as a healer though, gotta love it

~Sat
    Last edited by Satyra; 02-27-2010 at 06:08 PM.
    | "Like bringing a knife, into a gunfight" |
    ..Satyra, for president.

Quote Originally Posted by KnThrak View Post
    I also read on wowhead that she has an invisible debuff to immunize her to the +healing of Guardian Spirit for 60 seconds after it is applied to her, can anyone comment on this? It'd make sense to make GS-chaining less powerful, but I couldn't verify this as we do not usually have 2+ Holy Priests.
    We usually run 2 holy paly, 2 resto druids, resto shaman, disc priest. When there is no resto shaman we bring in a holy priest to assist with raid or just five heal. Doesn't make or break us to take 6 heals. For this fight for two weeks on 25man as the disc priest I switched to my main spec of holy and we brought in a second holy priest for chaining GS. What we discovered that first week and confirmed the second week that it is true, you cannot chain GS. So really, there is no reason to bring two holy priests to this fight if they are glyphed for the 60 second refresh on GS. Like the tuna ad says "sorry charlie", only room for one healing priest in this raid...
    OOM: Out Of Mobs, Please pull moar!

10 man

As a 10 man stric guild it's not easy to always have the right setting in raid.

Well my question is should we set dps to some target ? for exemple we always have 2 mages should they focus first on skelton(lay wast) the supressor with aoe and worm the help the hunter that kite the little abome(look like ick in PoS) and then have the two melee dps (presuming one tank only) dps mage and abom and interuping volley. Cuz the abom and mage are prety much the only that need tank except if hunter play huntard.

Is this sounding like a good plan or it's juste to much organise? Cuz i'm a druid healer and i prety much go in portal. Normaly i have yes over everting( since i'm the raid leader) but thise fight hot nourish play pac man hot nourish etc.

oh when do they gona make a drum of BL/H god it's not always easy to get a shamy in 10 man

OK I am a ret/prot pally who is the 2nd tank for our 10 man group. I normally switch to dps and we single tank this encounter. When we have a holy pally this fight seems easy but lately our holy pally has been away so we have been asking a dps to switch to a healing spec in order to 3 heal it. I was wondering since mana is not an issue in this fight and if you are hitting every portal that if it was possible to heal the fight as ret in healing gear.
    As ret I toss off heals when I have wings popped and I do 20K+ hl crits and with Sheath of light I do a good chunk of healing till mana is low.

I was thinking that I wouldn't have the through put of a holy pally with beacon but I could do some serious healing without having to repec holy for one fight. My gear is 251/245 level so its not a gear issue its mainly a question if the spec can accomplish the task? I would switch a glyph for the fight. Anyone have any thoughts.

PS I know respecing isn't that big of deal but it waste time and I have to reset up bars. So I am trying to avoid it.

I have never attempted this fight, but I believe my guild is going for it this week. I am a resto druid, From what i understand I just take portal and fly to get orbs correct?

Maybe could somebody go into depth about what happens when you hit portals..

Quote Originally Posted by bucksdude7 View Post
    I have never attempted this fight, but I believe my guild is going for it this week. I am a resto druid, From what i understand I just take portal and fly to get orbs correct?

Maybe could somebody go into depth about what happens when you hit portals..
    10 or 25man?
    What other healers do you raid with?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritus View Post
    10 or 25man?
    What other healers do you raid with?
    10 Man a Holy priest and Holy Pally

Assuming the holy paladin and you are taking the portals:

(1) Make sure you designate either N/S or E/W as the area where you collect orbs. It is important that you make sure you pop your last orb just before you drop out of the dreamstate and having 1/2 of the room where you know you will be the only one popping orbs will almost ensure this to happen.
    (2) Moving in the dreamstate can cause you to loose your depth perception, thinking you are right ontop of an orb when you are not. Also, orbs sometimes have a second or two lag before they pop. Just make sure to move onto the next only after you are certain you have received the buff. [Note: Orbs pop by proximity and explode in a 10yd radius.]
    (3) With the changes to the duration of the buff, it is much easier to keep up your stacks, even if you don't perfectly time your last orb. Even so, it is good practice to do.

Other than that, just have your holy priest pop GS on VDW whenever it is up and you have just exited the dreamstate. If you have a shaman, pop hero/bl after a healthy number of stacks to finish off the encounter.

Hi all frist time post. Now on dreamwalker would a mage thoughing amplify magic on dreamwalker help to heal her faster.

Will be trying this for the first time on 10man. our healer set up is, 2 shamans (1 being me) and a priest (i think shes disc). I know not the best healer set up but its what we have to work with. Trying to think if it would be better to spam healing wave the entire time on the boss or lesser healing wave and use healing wave after Riptide.

Quote Originally Posted by irishtheice View Post
    Hi all frist time post. Now on dreamwalker would a mage thoughing amplify magic on dreamwalker help to heal her faster.
    That's what we did. And it worked on our kill.
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Elwindace View Post
    Will be trying this for the first time on 10man. our healer set up is, 2 shamans (1 being me) and a priest (i think shes disc). I know not the best healer set up but its what we have to work with. Trying to think if it would be better to spam healing wave the entire time on the boss or lesser healing wave and use healing wave after Riptide.
    Healing Wave spam.
    Riptide and other instants can be used while you are moving to get to portals or right before you click the portal because you can finish your cast when the portal appears and hit the instant cast as you're taking the portal.

Keep in mind if you're healing the boss on this encounter you have no concern for mana because Emerald Vigor from the Dream State will regenerate mana faster than you can consume it. This isn't a normal healing mechanic where you'd have some efficiency considerations, it's a healing throughput test, like a target dummy for healers.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Have read in passing in a couple of spots about "Beacon Double-Dipping" or "AA Double Dipping." I know the spells/abilities they refer to.

Anyone clear up the usage for me? What mechanic is going on that allows the double-dipping? or has Blizz fixed it?

Gracias.
    Last edited by DrunkTank; 04-09-2010 at 01:01 PM.

As a holy priest is it more effective to spam cast greater heal or flash heal on VDW?

Also we have a holy pally and resto druid healing... how should we have our healing assignments set up in regards to healing VDW vs raid and who should be taking the portals most often?

Quote Originally Posted by Legs View Post
    As a holy priest is it more effective to spam cast greater heal or flash heal on VDW?

Also we have a holy pally and resto druid healing... how should we have our healing assignments set up in regards to healing VDW vs raid and who should be taking the portals most often?
    This depends on spec. If you're 5/5 Divine Fury, I would keep renew up and cast GH. If you're 0/5 Divine Fury and 3/3 Serendipity, I would keep renew up and x3FH/GH.

Honestly, I would send in the holy pally & the resto druid, while having yourself keep up the raid.

In either case, only the two dragon healers should ever be taking the portals, and they should take them whenever possible. Getting max stacks of the buff on your dragon healers is of primary importance.

Thanks for the info!

+ Reply to Thread