+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Icecrown Valithria Dreamwalker

My guild did this on tuesday. This was our 25 man strategy.
    We had 3 Holy paladins (Including myself), 2 trees, a resto shaman, and a discipline priest.
    3 Tanks
    and a balanced melee/ranged ratio

The paladins put beacon of light on Valithria and spammed holy lights/holy shocks (given you have the ilvl264 libram) on a warlock with Demon Armor on.
    The dps put attack target priority as follows. Fire mages > Supressors > Zombies > Worms > Arch mages (the frost ones) > Abominations.
    The 3 holy paladins and the resto shaman never missed portals and always kept their stacks up.
    Towards the end where the raid was taking more damage, the resto shaman was left out of the portals and helped with the trees and priest with healing.

Portal guide
    :
    It is best to mark the 4 portal takers with a raid icon that DBM or any other raid helper addon uses. Start off with all your portal takers close by so they know
    where to meet when they enter portals. Even if all portal takers are spread out the second you enter a portal fly up and pop your first green orb to keep your
    current stack or start your first. Then, meet up with your group of 4 and stick together while popping the orbs going in a circle (Clockwise or Counter-Clockwise).
    Make sure to call out which portals they are going to take because only one person can use a single portal at a time. Keep this up throughout the fight and you will
    be golden.

Palymcbeal
    <Clockwork> on Aegwynn US PvP

I was doing this fight on 10 man as a Holy Priest, and I am having a bit of difficulty with the mechanics. My group healing group consists of a Resto Shaman, Holy Paladin, and myself. I noticed that in the 25 man, Aliena did not enter every portal, but in the 10 man it was advised. So, the lead asked the Pally and myself to enter every portal. We have a set rotation around the boss so we don't pick up each other's puff balls, however I can never seem to time the stacks right to keep them before entering the portal again. I also am having trouble hitting the puffs at times. I was wondering if what would be a good guide to go off of for this. Sorry if this seems like a total newbie issue, but I can't seem to figure out how to keep up my stacks.

This fight was a lot of fun to do. Definitely one of the easier fights in ICC though if you have good healers.

I've only done it on 10 man so far, but amplify magic on dreamwalker worked very well for us.

I'm totally newbie in wow.
    Can anybody inform me exact lists of addons shown by second movie? (not the first one)

I'm sick and tired of original ui frames and have not enough informations about addons.
    I can only figure out omen and recount..lol

Plz show me your mercy to challenging newbie!!

Quote Originally Posted by eox03y View Post
    I'm totally newbie in wow.
    Can anybody inform me exact lists of addons shown by second movie? (not the first one)

I'm sick and tired of original ui frames and have not enough informations about addons.
    I can only figure out omen and recount..lol

Plz show me your mercy to challenging newbie!!
    All of our author's UI compilations can be found: http://www.tankspot.com/forumdisplay...I-Compilations

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidska View Post
    Taken from Pre-Release guide.
    Actually u can beacon VDW on the live system.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidska View Post

EDIT: This actually won't work. Beacon doesn't do over heal, so unless your druid is tanking in cat form it really won't make a difference.
    Beacon will do overhealing since like naxx :P.

Serra,

Read my portal guide above.

To not lose your stacks, the first thing you should do when you enter a portal is to pop one of the green orbs and then group up with your portal partners.

Hello everybody. I've done a good amount of reading on this fight and have a simple lineup question for 10m.

We currently 3 heal ICC with a Holy Paladin, Holy Priest & Resto Shaman. Is this sufficient for VDW 10 or should we pickup a 4th healer, possibly in place of a tank?

@Invictius-yes you can 3 heal it on 10man-fight might be a little longer but well controlled. Just have one or two ppl hitting the portals consistently enough to replen their mana. In one of my alt runs on my pally i went heals and we 4 healed/1 tanked the encounter and it was over really fast.

In 25-we ran 2 holy priests-2 holy paladins-2 druids-1 shaman. We found the seventh healer could help out incase there was one side overloaded w/ adds and the tank needed some extra heals. After multiple wipes this seemed to work best for our guild, however it may be better whichever way you chose to heal it. We tank the adds in between the 2 gates on opposite sides, nuke what we can and focus down the skeles. Best thing is to make sure your melee gets away from the blistering zombies prior to death to avoid as much raid damage as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by luv2tank View Post
    @Invictius-yes you can 3 heal it on 10man-fight might be a little longer but well controlled. Just have one or two ppl hitting the portals consistently enough to replen their mana. In one of my alt runs on my pally i went heals and we 4 healed/1 tanked the encounter and it was over really fast.

Thank you!

Would one of the lovely TankSpot people confirm for me that when a person pops one of the clouds in the Dream world, anyone within a certain range of it gets the stack (like 8 yds or some such)? Other strats I've seen say to have at least 1-2 heavy burst dps go into the portal as well to get the rolling stack of the buff, which I imagine would help immensely after their 2nd trip in on dealing with increasing add waves.
    "In my opinion, the existence of life is a highly overrated phenomenon."
    - Dr. Manhattan, Watchmen

Its a 10 yard radius on the clouds for the application of Emerald Vigor. I would suggest heavily against DPS entering the portal. The best way to avoid adds building up is to get VDW healed faster. I recommend sending in 4 healers to continue building rolling stacks of the buff, with each healer taking a 1/4 wedge of the portal area. This reduces the chance of stacks falling off. If your DPS is disciplined in target switching, you should have no problem healing the tanks/raid with 3 dedicated healers. So that's 4 portal healers and 3 tank/raid healers. In order of best classes for portals (weighing single target raw-HPS vs. raid healing capacity), I would say Paladin>Shaman>Druid>Hpriest>Dpriest. Hope that helps!

Okay. I'll readily admit this may be an enormous noob question, but here we go.

How do you actually get the orbs in the Dream to pop? I just spammed Holy Nova with my Priest last week, but I'm taking my Resto Druid in tonight. They didn't seem targetable last week, so I'm not sure if you just stand in it for a couple seconds or what. Thanks.

Its proximity. You have to be very close to a cloud to pop it, and yes, it sometimes takes a second or two.

We just had our first serious attempts in our 10 man tonight, and the only struggle I had was hitting the freaking orbs in dreamstate. Any suggestions?

So my guild had our first attempt on this on 10 man last night. Got her up to 11.4 mil as most... "rippin my hair".

Our setup was 3 healers, 2 tanks and rest dps.

We started with having 1 tank to the left and 1 to the right fairly close to the middle so they were in line of the healers.

We had 2 of our healers (a druid and a priest) entering the portals to stack the buff, and 1 raidhealer (me as a shaman) for healing the raid.

Everything worked fine, even though the raid damage was kinda high at some points and I really had to give it all I got as a lonely raid healer. I had to enter the portal once to regain some mana and stack up some buffs, but more than that our other 2 healers could spam buffs to nuke the healing.

Though the worst part that really annoyed the crap out of me was the stacking "spit-like thing" lol (visable on gird as a grey spit which are stacking rapidly)
    I think It's the spell from the Blistering zombies. When it got applied to both tanks and stacking fast, their hp just droped like no tommorow and I had to spam heal them and even macro panic heal them to keep them up. After 11 mi healed health and as a lonely raid healer and with these stacks just nuking the hell of my tanks, It was a hell for me to keep em up.

I don't know if they should take this kind of dmg at 5 stacks but they rly lost half the hp in a sec or so... and that along with frost volleys and blazing skeletons were just totally sick to heal by yourself.

I don't know if we are doing anything wrong, or if I just should be able to heal this kind of amount up for myself. But that buff is the most annoying thing I have ever seen tbh. Healing the whole raid while that debuff ticks on both tanks like no tommorow is just a nightmare.

At the last try we decided to try nukin hero and have 1 of the other healers aid me with healing the raid (when her hp reached 11 million), and we got her up to 11.5 mil as best. Then our raid time was over.

I just want to hear what other raid healers on this event has to say about this stacking debuff on the tanks, is it really that annoying or is it something I easily should be able to handle?

I know we will get her up soon but It's just pure chaos for me as a raid healer, and I'm really nuking everything I got to keep the raid and tank up, and I'm doing it fairly ok until we are starting to get upto 11 mil hp healed.

Anyway, It's a really funny fight but the stacking debuff on the tanks is driving me mad, any suggestions? x)
    Last edited by Satyra; 02-20-2010 at 09:52 AM. Reason: forgot a sentance xD
    | "Like bringing a knife, into a gunfight" |
    ..Satyra, for president.

Quote Originally Posted by Khameelyon View Post
    How do you actually get the orbs in the Dream to pop? I just spammed Holy Nova with my Priest last week, but I'm taking my Resto Druid in tonight. They didn't seem targetable last week, so I'm not sure if you just stand in it for a couple seconds or what. Thanks.
    You don't have to hit them. Just run through them; it's very similar to the light/dark orbs from the Twin Valks fight in ToC. As a Disc priest, I usually stay outside for our 25-mans (lots and lots of shields and mass dispels when necessary, etc.) but I get to try it on the 10-man version. I'm still very new to it, but the trick is to hit your spacebar as soon as you portal in so you can go up and grab an orb immediately. Once you get good enough to have over 20 stacks or so and keep it on you throughout the encounter, you will be putting out some amazing HPS numbers.

One trick, if you see big green gaseous clouds instead of the orbs when you zone in: Turn your video's Particle Density setting down to as low as it'll go for this encounter. It'll remove the excess green gas that surrounds the orbs, so you can target the orbs with more precision.

We use for our 10 man run a resto druid and a disc priest. The druid is for group heal and the disc for MT healing, everythings allright in normal fights. But in this fight I'm not quite sure how to assign the healers. Tomorrow is our first run on Valithria and I don't know which healer should go through the portals respectively which one should heal Valithria. Any suggestions? Or should we look out in the worst case for a third healer?

+ Reply to Thread