+ Reply to Thread

Thread: After 5 Stacks of Devastate

After 5 Stacks of Devastate

I was once told "thereís no such thing as a stupid question". Having said that hereís my question. After applying 5 stacks devastate does it still have the same threat value are do I just need to refresh it.

What I mean is like on a boss fight (I canít remember exactly how long the CD is on shield slam). Devastate, devastate, shield slam, devastate, devastate, shield slam so on and so forth, and throw in Revenge when it procís and off CD. Are am I wasting my time with all the Devastates.

same threat value, it continues to apply the threat and damage even after 5 stacks.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

ok cool thanks, do you thank that rotation is ruddish. Are should i stick with that one ... granted i'm only a lvl 73 ATM but its working so for

well technically you should do:

shield slam -> revenge -> dev->dev->shield slam->revenge->dev->dev

of course if dev or revenge procs a Sword and Board proc, you want to hit SS again since it's free and it's our highest threat ability. If you glyph for devastate and don't spec for improved revenge, you can technically drop revenge and just do shield slam->dev->dev->dev

ok cool and thanks for the quick replys

Revenge should really only be used if you're out of rage at this point, as devastate has grossly surpassed it in threat and now has come close to killing it in damage as well. Glyph for devastate too and your threat goes through the roof.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Here's the question, from a DPS perspective, glyphing devastate doesn't do anything for your personal DPS, it allows raid DPS to be increased. However, in a hard mode where people start squeezing more DPS even out of the tanks, what's the strategy there?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    Revenge should really only be used if you're out of rage at this point, as devastate has grossly surpassed it in threat and now has come close to killing it in damage as well. Glyph for devastate too and your threat goes through the roof.
    Well, at lvl 73 this could be false; I thought the only reason devastate is more dmg and threat is because it scales better. At the OP's gear level revenge may still do more damage and threat; dependent on his weapon damage and AP levels ofc.

Conceptually, on a scale of 1-10; doesn't revenge start out as a 6 and scales to an 8 with gear, where-as devastate starts out as a 4 and scales to 9 with gear?

I'm not really sure, as at the beginning of wrath devastate hit like a wet noodle compared to now, but the new buffs may have skewed it to the point where devastate is always better, even at lower levels. I spose I could model it in the spreadsheet, and figure out for sure when I get home.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by drae View Post
    Well, at lvl 73 this could be false; I thought the only reason devastate is more dmg and threat is because it scales better. At the OP's gear level revenge may still do more damage and threat; dependent on his weapon damage and AP levels ofc.

Conceptually, on a scale of 1-10; doesn't revenge start out as a 6 and scales to an 8 with gear, where-as devastate starts out as a 4 and scales to 9 with gear?

I'm not really sure, as at the beginning of wrath devastate hit like a wet noodle compared to now, but the new buffs may have skewed it to the point where devastate is always better, even at lower levels. I spose I could model it in the spreadsheet, and figure out for sure when I get home.
    If'n you do, lemme know. I'd like to know how thing stand at level 70.

Level 80 situation:
    With the new change, Devastate scales with AP equal to 99.4% of the scaling on Revenge without any talents or set bonuses.
    Furthermore, the base damage at 5 sunders is way higher even with a grey lvl 1 sword, and the innate threat at 0 AP is better (plus it scales).

Revenge at lvl 70 does 855-1045 base damage.
    Devastate at lvl 70 does 112 damage per sunder (+20% incoming) + 120% weapon damage.
    This results in a minimum of 232 weapon damage for them to be equal damage. (Assume AP scaling virtually equal)
    At level 75 you get a new Devastate rank, making the base damage at 5 Sunders higher than the average Revenge base damage.

In other words, while levelling, (Improved) Revenge is actually useful, but once you hit 75 the only major use would be talented in starting gear at level 80. I'm sure you can do a week of heroics without needing Revenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Protection Warrior Spreadsheet

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    well technically you should do:

shield slam -> revenge -> dev->dev->shield slam->revenge->dev->dev

of course if dev or revenge procs a Sword and Board proc, you want to hit SS again since it's free and it's our highest threat ability. If you glyph for devastate and don't spec for improved revenge, you can technically drop revenge and just do shield slam->dev->dev->dev
    I have been using this priority system as well, and it working out great for me. my question is, I am an admitted hs spammer. white swings feel like a waste to me, how can i fit hs into the system of ss>dev?

Quote Originally Posted by jugggernaut View Post
    I have been using this priority system as well, and it working out great for me. my question is, I am an admitted hs spammer. white swings feel like a waste to me, how can i fit hs into the system of ss>dev?
    You just spam HS non-stop, all night long.
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

yeah, just keep spamming HS as long as rage permits, it's off the GCD so it doesn't affect your rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    yeah, just keep spamming HS as long as rage permits, it's off the GCD so it doesn't affect your rotation.

Mousewheel is your friend!

+ Reply to Thread