+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gearing Question for DK Tankage

Gearing Question for DK Tankage

Hi,

I'm currently gearing up my DK (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...sade&cn=Atoril) for raid content using mainly heroics for my source of gear. Currently, I've got a nice set-up that gives me upwards of 40k when buffed in Blood spec and a little less in Unholy or Frost. I was wondering if there were any optimizations I could make before raiding with this character. (especially optimizations that don't include epic gems)

Thanks,

Vidus

There is no reason NOT to Use Epic Gems, especially for Raiding Gear.
    IMHO if you are raiding in gear that isn't socketed with epic gems, or enchanted, you might as well not even bother raiding. Since you are showing you don't care enough to make the best use of your gear.

Armory is down so can't comment on your gear atm.

Spec/glyphs are wrong use http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#j0EGq...hxoZ0gh:GdiMmV
    As for gemming like Selene said if you don't want to put epic gems in /delete now get rid of all those parry stam get dodge stam or exp stam and only gem for bonus if its 9stam> also look into getting a hit wept since your hit atm is dismal

Okay now that I can see what you have.

Helm: Hit/Stam Epic gem
    Shoulders: Expertise/Stam Epic gem
    Cloak: 225 Armor Enchant, Hit/Stam or Stam Epic gem
    Chest: 275 Health Enchant, Hit/Stam and Stam Epic gems
    Wrists: Get http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47571 Enchant with 40 Stam, gem with Hit/Stam Epic gem
    Gloves: Enchant with +15 Expertise, Expertise/Stam Epic gem
    Belt: Stam Epic gem
    Legs: Expertise/Stam and Stam Epic gems
    Ring: Stam epic gem
    Weapon: Hit/Stam epic gem

All of that should get you to the Hit Cap and Expertise Cap, or very close to it.

Level those Professions up.
    You are cheating yourself out of 2 extra sockets and a big stamina bonus.

Thanks for the information. I will try to optimize my current gemming and move to epic gems as soon as my resources allow it (limited playtime). My hope is to help my guild out with some off-tanking/tanking in ICC as they move into it, as well as some dps once I get a tank spec I'm happy enough to keep permanently (currently using dual spec to try various flavors and set-ups that suite my style). We are not a cutting edge progression guild by any means (and the guild I'm referring to actually isn't the one the DK is guilded into), so my goal is to get to the best position I can to assist in our weekly raids.

if you are having trouble getting the gold to buy epic gems there are 2 ways you can make up for it
    either, run heroics til ur fingers bleed and use the emblems to buy the epics
    or(for peoeple that dont collect PVP gear) do some BG's everyday
    for every 10,000 honor you can get a base uncut epic gem(red, blue, yellow)
    and i believe 12,500 for the multicolored(purple,orange,green)

Thanks I'll have to try that!

+ Reply to Thread