+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New tier gloves vs. gauntlets of the kraken

New tier gloves vs. gauntlets of the kraken

Hey long time reader looking for some thoughts on the subject of the ilvl 264 tier gloves vs. the gauntlets of the kraken. I know before the change to the tier gloves, the gauntlets of the kraken where better but I am a little confused now with the change and want a clarification.

My armory just in case you might want to know, http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eldre%27Thalas&n=Melleroy.
    I know I have a ton of hit, but that will be going down when I replace some items (hopefully). Thank you for any opinions.

Far as I know the new Gauntlets of the Kraken are still better as they become better itemized while the new tier gloves keep Hit which is already over-abundant in ICC level gear.
    So unless going for the Set bonuses for threat, I'd probably stick with Kraken.
    "Upon an order we plead, with the lure of a song, a sacred song, to the moon and the stars. An illusionary light is here placed."

one thing to add as well is that the set bonuses for shamans and hunters are ridiculously good while warriors are just meh from what we can speculate right now. This combined with the already mediocre comparisons between the set pieces and the offset pieces, passing tokens to our fellow raiders will act as another reason why our offset pieces are likely going to carry us through most of ICC until we can start upgrading pieces to the 277 ilvl pieces.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

So if I have the token already, and would be getting the 2 set piece bonus would it be worth it over say the shoulders even though the off set shoulders are about the same if not a little better?

If you already have the shoulders the best choice is to grab the T10 gloves since the T10 2pc is relatively easy to get and worth getting. I would get the T10 gloves as your first T10 piece because they will A: Give you the biggest EH per emblem out of the Tier pieces and B: The 25 man offset helmet relys on randomness to drop and the frost chest is overall much better than the T10 chest because the T10 chest has no expertise or defense.

Yea, I was looking more for the long term so I have the tier legs because of the lack of expertise on everything it seems like. The more I look at it the more I feel like going with the gloves, the shoulders have a close comparison, head has ok replacement, and I will need the extra hit once I get all of the gear I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    one thing to add as well is that the set bonuses for shamans and hunters are ridiculously good while warriors are just meh from what we can speculate right now. This combined with the already mediocre comparisons between the set pieces and the offset pieces, passing tokens to our fellow raiders will act as another reason why our offset pieces are likely going to carry us through most of ICC until we can start upgrading pieces to the 277 ilvl pieces.
    More importantly, out of all ICC fights we've seen so far, only Festergut pushes your tanks to the limit by throwing massive amounts of damage at you. Threat is least of your concerns and offset pieces offer 1 more socket in every slot apart from helm. But that fight is still relatively easy on normal mode, right now we're working hard trying to meet the dps requirements for Blood Queen and I'm more than happy passing tokens for hunters and dps shamans.
    Last edited by Crommi; 02-02-2010 at 06:43 PM.
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

+ Reply to Thread