+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ret pally trouble

ret pally trouble

ok im sitting on a 5k gear score i use rawr for an estamant and it says i should be doing 7.1k dps and ive been told that its about 2k-3k off and im only hitting 3.9k-4.5k and i dunno what the deal is i cant figure it out i am glyphed the way everyone has suggested to be glyphed and i use the rotations everyone suggests i can figure out what the problem is i also use clc ret to help with the timing so if anyone can give me an idea on what i should do plz let me know because i can't figure it out anymore

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Vorhersagen i donno if i am doing the dps i should be or not it is like i hit a wall and cant get past it
    Last edited by vorhersagen; 02-02-2010 at 02:06 PM.

Whoa, run on sentence.

Try linking your armory. We can examine it and spot any issues and problems.
    Forth, and fear no darkness! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day...a red day...ere the sun rises! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!

there i put it on there maybe that will help you

i just dont get it even on a dummy i am only doing 4.2k so i donno what to do

Allright, had a look around.

Rawr! calculates your dps based on you being fully raid buffed in a 25 man with a varied roster. That dps calculation is also based on a Patchwerk or Festergut type fight where you don't move and are continuously on target without an interruption. It also assumes that you have a phenomenally low ping, like sub ~50 ms or some such. Anyfight that requires you to move will drop off your dps, sometimes radically so.

You have one bad glyph that needs to be swapped out, get rid of the Crusader Strike glyph and get the Consecration glyph instead. It saves you mana, and also frees up some GCD clashes.

As for your gemming, get rid of the +21 crit/3% crit damage one and get the +21 agi/3% crit damage one. It's "technically" a dps downgrade, but only by a 2-3 dps. By doing this though, you can gem one Nightmare Tear to activate the meta, and can get rid of those two Sovereign Dreadstones.

You're just a little short of the exp soft cap of 26, but that's not terribly bad.

If you can, can you quickly type out what your rotation is? Oh, and delete GearScore, it's a horrible thing.
    Forth, and fear no darkness! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day...a red day...ere the sun rises! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!

my rotation at the moment is judge>cs>ds>how>consecrate>excersisime

ok and as far ast the geming should i just put the nightmare tear in the chest to keep the +8 str socket bonuse and just put 2 str gems in the legs to get rid of the purples

Glyphs: get rid of your glyph of crusader strike and get Glyph of Exorcism or consecration
    Rotation: (my peronal opinion) Judge, (HoW if up), CS, DS, Consecrate and exorcism (if you have 2 set tier 10 i think DS moves up in the order)
    Talents: You have unusual talents but i don't think they'll hurt your dps.

One other thing that you may be doing wrong is waiting in your rotation, i use to do this and wait half a global or an entire global for my Judge to come off of CD, Memorize your priorities and hit w/e is up highest on your priorities right away

first off what talent spec would you recommend cuz i am willing to try anything at this point and the second thing is i you clc ret so i kno what is up next so that i am ready and i have it set so it will tell me whats off cd but still keeping it in priority if more than one move comes off cd at the same time

I don't like to use Judgement personally every time it's off CD, I'd rather save the mana and let it tick for a few seconds and cast a different spell, but hey, that's just me. The more your Seal of Corruption DoT ticks, the better off you are for a bit extra DPS.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

I think the typical priority system for ret is; CS>HoW>Judge>DS>Cons>Exo.

Everything else most folks seem to be saying seems spot-on.

Also I know you weren't asking for gear suggestions exactly, but some things you can do, get some crafted boots from Ulduar or run heroic ToC/Heroic HoR for the boots there. The agility based badge neck(as well as the neck from heroic ToC or heroic PoS) would likely be a small DPS upgrade over the strength one you have(odd, I know).
    Quality Over Quanity.

i have been trying all the time to get both of those and a new wep but if it even drops i get out rolled wich is getting annoyying but oh well i keep trying evey chance i get

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I don't like to use Judgement personally every time it's off CD, I'd rather save the mana and let it tick for a few seconds and cast a different spell, but hey, that's just me. The more your Seal of Corruption DoT ticks, the better off you are for a bit extra DPS.
    I don't really like doing that, for the simple fact that a Judgement grants 20% of your total mana. If you leave it alone while it's off CD, you could run into mana troubles later on. If you pop it whenever it's up, you get the most out of the mana grant.

Moved to Halp! forum.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread