+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mid 70's warrior tank. What should I be looking for?

Mid 70's warrior tank. What should I be looking for?

I have a (currently) 73 Warrior that I am wanting to tank with as I level. What should I mark as priorities for gear as I level, and are there any numbers that I need tanking regular Northrend instances? Thanks so much!

Good starting pieces for tanking 70+ are the Cobalt craftables, unless you have some old lv.70 raiding gear.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39085#comments

The comments on there show the entire stats you'll gain, as well as the number of bars required to craft all the armor.

As far as what stats to look for, I'd recommend reading a guide on the site as it will contain everything you need to know.

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...-Tanking-Guide

Thanks so much for the advice!

Craftables indeed. Cobalt set is good, then you should start looking at the tempered saronite set (craftable) as you can start to equip pieces at lvl 75 I believe.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

My warrior alt is 75, so it's all pretty fresh in my mind:

Cobalt Set (as already mentioned)
    Tempered Saronite Set (first bits available at 74, sprinkles in through level 78ish)
    Daunting Handguards/Legplates (78ish?)
    Crafted Shields

At level 74 you'll be able to pick up a quest in Zul'Drak "Ragemane's Flipper"; It's a group quest but it can be two manned. The rewards are some pretty good tanking weapons. Possibly the last blue tanking weapon you get before you get your hands on those nice shiney purples.

The Instance quests for Nexus offer some good tanking items as well (shoulders, boots, iirc).
    I think the Utgarde Keep quest offers a tanking neck as well.
    The end boss in Azjol-Nerub drops a tanking ring.
    Jedoga Shadowseeker in OK drops a tanking chest.
    Work on your Wyrmrest accord rep. You'll thank us later (Good tanking cloak, chest and boots available for when you hit 80).

Thanks! I have been working on Wyrmrest as I noticed the nice items they have. I do need to run more instances though. Thanks for the tip on the quest in Zul'Drak! I will be headed there soon.
    Last edited by Lazula; 02-09-2010 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Correcting spelling

Just focus on getting to 80. Don't spend too much gold on gear/enchants until then. Make friends with a BS and buy matts for anything that can be made to help you along your way to 80.

+ Reply to Thread