+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cataclysmic Chestguard vs. T10 Chest-help me decide!

Cataclysmic Chestguard vs. T10 Chest-help me decide!

I'm going to break 95 badges tomorrow and, up until recently, was a no brainer I'd pick up the Cataclysmic Chestguard. But with the T10 chest getting an armor buff, I'm now considering my options. I did the math and here is what it comes down to(upgrading over Heroic Chestplate of the Towering Monstrosity):

Cataclysmic Chestguard:
    +1379 Armor
    +250 HP
    +4 Expertise
    -1.2% Avoidance

T10:
    +1379 Armor
    +20% Shield Slam and Shockwave damage
    +.1% Avoidance
    -525 HP
    -78 Expertise

These numbers are under the assumption that the T10 264 chest will have the same armor as the Cat. Chest while maintaining the same amount of Dodge and Parry it has now but losing all of its defense(since thats basically what happened to the 251 chest, give or take some negligible amounts of dodge and parry swapping places). This is also taking into account the fact that I'll have to enchant the T10 chest with the Defense enchant, change my Shield enchant to Defense, and swap a 10 Def/15 Stam gem into my boots to get back to crit immunity.

Looking at it I can't really seem to decide. EH wise the Cataclysm one seems to be better due to the ~750 HP differential, but I also lose a lot of avoidance(which I'm not a big fan of either, but over 1% seems pretty hefty). I'm not sure which helps my damage/threat more, the Expertise or the increased damage to SS and SW. I think that may end up pushing me to one side or another.

Any help?

Depends on what length of time you are looking a instantly, normal modes or hardmodes. For instant gratification the T10 chest is the right choice because it allows you to get the 2pc bonus earlier. For nomral modes in general the Catalcysmic Chestguard is better becauase you will most likely already have the 2pc and the Cata chestguard has slightly better overall stats. For hardmode thinking the T10 is better because with the armor boost the T10 277 will be much better than the badge chest but by then you will have the badges to get both so I wouldn't really consider this a viable option. I personally find the extra stats more useful for two weeks than the 2pc.

I'm not really worried about hard modes right now, since our guild is still struggling on normal mode PP and hasn't even attempted BQ yet.

+ Reply to Thread