+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for a challenge.. Fury PvP

Looking for a challenge.. Fury PvP

Hello to all the fellow PvP Warriors out there,

I will keep this short:
    First half of this season I played MS. That was fun, but after a while I got pretty bored with Bladestorm. I got myself some gear and enjoyed myself with Prot-pvp. Right now I'm thinking of going Fury to PvP.
    (Yes, slightly influenced by the incomming nerf to prot, but also looking for a new challenge)

Basic reasons to go Fury:
    - New challenge
    - I like to experience every aspect of my warrior(because it's basicly the only class I like to play)
    - Looking to suprise people with some skillfull play of the Fury spec

My goal:
    I will be taking a good amount of time to practise Fury in PvP to max my skills. This will be done in BG's for about 2 weeks playing a couple of hours a day. Once I feel confident, I will bring my Fury spec into the arena.

Why do I bother you with this?
    I need some help! I've spend a good amount of time on searching the web for information on Fury PvP. But I still don't have the solution to 3 major problems, so I would like to ask the community to share their thoughts on the next 3 questions.

1. What would your spec look like and in combination with what glyphs?
    - link from here please: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#L (wowhead talent calculator)
    - take bloodsurge?
    - put 2 points in imp. intercept for 10 sec reduced cooldown or with the 5 sec reduced cooldown from the 4 piece pvp set (as they don't stack, right?)

2. What weapons would you use? (MH/OH weapon speed etc.)
    - As far as I've read about fury warriors, many have problems with the up-time of Furious Attacks (the Healing debuff). It's applied to your target by a normal melee hit(compare it to poisons if you like). So I'm pretty sure I won't be putting a 2H weapon in my offhand. Probably I'll go for a 2.6 weapon speed weapon. Brainstorming on this subject it has also crossed my mind to go DW 1H weapons. As I would lose the -10% damage debuff from TG. I could also just take the damage loss of 2H vs 1H weapons and droppping Unending Fury to use 6 points for mobility or increased rage talents.

3. If you would take Fury into the arena, in what size would it be best viable? (2v2, 3v3, 5v5)
    I will be trying this in 2v2 for sure, probably with a paladin. But I would be exited to try 3v3 aswell, just haven't figured out in what setup.

I know the Tankspot community as a place with openminded players and constructive posters. And I would love to see some of your feedback. If you have read the above, it's not my goal to play as fury at 2200+ ratings. So reply's as "Roll MS" or links to movies like "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR1MG-5BBvg" is not wanted here.

The idea is to have fun, learn and play fury at it's best. The dream is to pick up the 1800 rating pvp weapons.

Greetz,

Fang
    Last edited by Xiangfang; 01-30-2010 at 06:47 PM.

5v5 would probably be the only bracket that fury would have the best success in with as long as you have another class with a true ms effect (hunter/arms warrior). with a pally healer you could drop some pvp pieces for more pve pieces and boost your burst. fury does have some nice burst, but doesn't have the utility and tools that arms brings to 2v2 and 3v3 but 1800 shouldn't be a problem in 2v2. Dahis rolled fury in season 5 and was playing at 2600+ rating so you might want to watch the video he made back then for some playing tips and the spec he used (yes imp. intercept and the 4pc pvp set bonus stacks).

I would stick with the best 2handers you can get, the fury tree revolves around titan's grip and using dual 1handers will make you hit like a wet noodle.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

I know a while back ago Kaziganthi made it over 1850 with his fury warrior in 3v3 by pairing up with an arms warrior and a healer. It'd be a variation of Mancleave with essentially higher aoe burst, but less cc. It'd be interesting to run. The largest wholes in fury are survivability cooldowns, fury gets better than arms in terms of damage when you get more and more gear, but this means more and more pve gear, that normally means less and less survivability in return, and that ends up hurting fury in pvp a lot. I agree with Destruyen and check out Dahis' videos to get the best insight on how to run it in 5s.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

A word from the field

Hello there,

I've just finished my practise period in the BG's and will be going Arena asap. I've found myself a dedicated Paladin to heal me.

Right now I'm using this spec: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LhZGx...eRikAob:GVoz0o
    With Whirlwind, Hamtring and Heroic Strike as major Glyphs.
    And 2x 2-hand weapon.

My experience so far:

Playing without a healer is hard. I'm a little dissapointed by the "Selfhealing". I think compared to Arms there isn't really a very big difference, except rogues are a real threat to a Fury warrior.
    Playing with a healer is great. In my experience I can plan my burst and switch to my burst cooldowns faster and I am doing more overal damage. This could be because I'm not such a good Arms player or that Fury really is more damage, but I'm not sure on that.

I played a few Arena games so far (at low ratings ofcourse) trying to find a good partner. So far I'm feeling a little paper while being targetted by double DPS .. but yeah, I had that same feeling when playing Arms.

That's it for now. Going to work on some gear and play some more arena now. Will be back with you guys in a week or so.

Fang

It is doable. Kaz is right, I actually hit like 1980 as Fury with the help of another extremely skilled warrior and then our amazing priest/druid friends. We could have taken it higher, but that was about the time we all lost interest. You need to be extremely geared and both wars have to use their intercepts/fears at the exact right time. Good luck! I have a vid of me as fury somewhere on warcraftmovies.com if that helps.

But,, that's like lvl 70 movies.. ??

true they are level 70, but the playstyle is still the same, just minor adjustments, just takes lots of coordination, timed stuns/fears and good gear.

@Kaza, hey man where you been! ;P

kazaganthi was my pvp hero in bc
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

I think he was every warrior's hero in bc.

Still plugging away in vet school. Only 2.5 more years

;] still got those two monstrous dogs of yours? ;P

I don't see fury doing more damage while wearing PVP gear than an ArP softcapped arms war with an ArP trinket... not to mention you also have an unreliable MS.
    Last edited by Genome852; 02-10-2010 at 02:12 PM.

Sure do. They are hanging out on the farm while I'm down here.

+ Reply to Thread