+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hit/ Expertise and what am i geared to tank

Hit/ Expertise and what am i geared to tank

well im short of the hit cap, and im just over the expertise softcap when i use my SoV. So im wondering what effect does more expertise have? As i understand reaching the non parry cap is pretty hard, and i cant be dodged anymore so what does more expertise add to?
    Also my hit is around 200 and a bit, being like 40 short of what is needed. What effect does this have on me? I generally keep my threat well but my taunts are resisted on some situations.

Furthermore, lol i know ive extended myself, what am i geared to tank? and where could i get gear upgrades?

Armory Link

I'm going to go ahead and bounce off of this since I have similar questions, while also giving you an answer or two (hopefully).

Here's how I understand Expertise. Reaching the 26 Expertise soft cap is all that is really needed. As you pointed out, reaching the effective parry cap of expertise is hard to do. From what I understand about expertise - after 26 (no longer being able to be dodged) it's no longer as efficient to gem / enchant for it. Their are other enchants/gems that would be more beneficial for any tank.

As far as hit goes - that's where my question comes in and hopefully we can both get this answered shortly. I just got back from a deployment myself and it seems quite a few has changed over the past 8 months. I was hit capped (8%) before I left and that's what I was attempting to get back to once I returned. However, after doing quite a bit of reading I see that hit is no longer "as important" as it used to be. I read some people saying that 60 hit is enough where others are saying 5% will be more than enough. So, my question here is; what is the suggested hit to have? Percentage mainly as I play a draenei.

WoW Armory link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...era&cn=Driniun

(I play a warrior tank but I figured that these questions wouldn't matter what tank was played.)

About hit and expertise as long as you don't have threat problems don't worry about them and focus on EH and to Drin gem all stamina unless the socket bonus is 9 stamina or higher then put in a 15 stam 10 agility/dodge/defense gem and change your shoulder enchant to the pvp one, back enchant to 225 armor, 275 health to chest, 40 stamina to your bracers, 18 stamina to your gloves and switch your trinkets to The Black Heart and Glyph of Indomitability.

+ Reply to Thread