+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question for the Warriors: Rotface Add tanking.

Question for the Warriors: Rotface Add tanking.

I have a Question for all the warriors out there...
    Or especially those (if any) that have tried to deal with kiting the adds on Rotface.

I'm a Druid healer or DK Frost tank so thats my to experiences with that encounter, frequently we end up with 2 warrior tanks on that encounter, and when I'm healing on my druid it actually happens that I'm competing for threat on the big Ooze, evidently from my scrap geared warrior tank I do see that warriors seem to lack some of the great tools I as an example have on my DK for that fight (I have kited the Oozes as a tank when I'm there on him)...

The question is, does any of the warriors out there have some advice to what can be done, either to assist the warrior or for him self to build more threat... is the class really hurting that much in such a specific task or do you have some tips that i can bring along?...

The big ooze doesn't hurt very much after the first merge. Every time it merges it gets a stacking damage buff. You can tank it a bit to build aggro when it first merges into the big ooze... just be careful.

I usually vigilance the MT and taunt spam it. I was having trouble as well until I tanked it a bit (like 3-4 gcd's) when it first merges. After i tank it a bit I intervene someone to get out of range.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

I never have trouble on those adds anymore tbh. Trick is how you :start: on those adds.
    What I do :

ooze merges and becomes big ooze > shield slam (with shieldblock on ofc)
    start kiting .
    -Glyphed thunderclap for range lets you actually hit it with Tclap easily without getting hit.
    -Shockwave can hit it without you being hit.
    - every minute you have your heroic throw. Use it *if* you lose agro from a healer , taunt first > heroic throw after = solved

I never need to taunt anymore. If you feel like it just vigilance the healer high on threat on ooze.
    That fight is so boring now but then again, as a RL-er my attention is 100% available for whats going on .

First off I vigilance whichever healer happens to generate the most threat, which in my case is the raid healing resto shaman.

When the slime first spawns and just sits there for a few seconds I make sure to run in, shield slam, and then shockwave as I'm running away (PvP mouse turning skills ftw). If I do it right I don't even eat a melee hit. Then I use heroic throw - if merging is done right you should only get 1 big slime per cooldown until the end, at which point they will be merging faster than threat should matter. That usually sticks me with 20-30k threat which is enough to hold it for the entire time. If I get bored I'll shoot it a couple of times.

If you're still having trouble stack as much threat gear as you can. You shouldn't be doing any actual tanking throughout the encounter.

When the ooze merges is pauses for a couple of seconds - use that time to shield slam and showwave it. That should give enough threat until the explosion.
    I am the spearhead. I am relentless. I am the last line of defense. I am a Warrior.

drae >>

Why Vigilance on the MT?... that doesn't sound like it would help on threat with the Ooze?... or am i missing something in that regard.
    Or is it simply to reduce the damage on the MT with no regards for it helping on the Ooze threat?...

The other ill bring along...

kherberos88 >>

Shockwave + Glyphed TC sounds interesting, will bring that along, HR is obviously already used on every CD by our tank ...
    - What healers are you dealing with? (Druid, Shamans seems to be the worst)
    - And how many healers on 10 man?
    - And what is your Threat count aprox...

Just to compare it to us.

Odok >>

Mje, on 10 man at least, 20-30k Threat is not enough for us since we are using 2 healers on that fight, so me and the shaman witch are our to most threating healers and we can end up at 45k+ at 4 stacks on the first 2 Oozes, but obviously lower and lower through out the fight due to spawn time.
    On 25 man it varies more since we are more healers, so depending on who we are, the threat is lower or higher, and I have only recently began to keep an eye on it since at start I just credited it to a learning curve, but that should be well over now, so now I seek help ...

manicus >>

Sounds like something that will require some training and experience with it >.<... sounds dangerous :P... but well... guess thats our tanks problem and not mine >.<... hehe...

Quote Originally Posted by kherberos88 View Post
    -Glyphed thunderclap for range lets you actually hit it with Tclap easily without getting hit.
    -Shockwave can hit it without you being hit.
    - every minute you have your heroic throw. Use it *if* you lose agro from a healer , taunt first > heroic throw after = solved
    This is how to tank them.

One thing to watch out for is if you get two big slimes merging (shouldn't really happen, but can do when the adds are coming thick and fast later in the fight) the threat can be reset, so be ready with a quick thunderclap/shockwave to ensure you have its attention.

dotJEM - vigilance on the MT is for the taunt refresh, but shouldn't be necessary if you tank them as mentioned above. Vigilance on a healer is probably more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Arudar View Post
    dotJEM - vigilance on the MT is for the taunt refresh, but shouldn't be necessary if you tank them as mentioned above. Vigilance on a healer is probably more useful.
    Arh of course ... Thanks... see how much i know about warriors... hehe

I never go into mele on the oozes. Shockwave + TC, heroic throw and tauns are more than enough. Vigi on a druid healer usually. Threat shouldn't be a big problem. 2-3 TCs + shockwave is usually more than enough for the lifespan of an ooze

Once the Ooze Merges I TC. I get a MD from the hunters and then spam Heroic Throw, Taunt and use my gun!
    If we donít make it alive, well itís a hell of a good day to die
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...hadgar&n=Angur

Well, in 10 man we usually run 2 healer setup . And if needed a third offspec healer might help out. It rly depends on your setup.
    Paladin healer /resto combi is nice. Also solves cleanse stuff. But on rotface 3 healers is fine , just that "if" your healers are good enough running with 2 is alot easier due to massive DPS increase.
    The way the mutated infection works is that the longer the fight takes the faster its applied . So 2 healers + heroism with all cooldowns/pots @ start make the fight easier than waiting till 30% and burning hero then .

@ dotjem
    " HR is obviously already used on every CD by our tank ... " I have no idea what you mean by this . I think you replied to my "heroic throw" mention , but I fail to see the logic : )
    -we run with whatever healer we can get rly. We have about 34 players in the guild total since we aim @ 25 man. 10 main healers + 3-4 possible offspecs made up of all classes.
    3 holy paladins
    3 priests
    2 druids
    2 shamans

when we do 10 mans its usually 3x 10man group that we try to balance healers/tanks/dps for.
    so a usual setup might look like :
    1 x paladin 1 x priest + 1 offspec healer thats actually DPS
    or
    1 x resto druid 1 x resto shaman + 1 offspec healer thats actually dps.

TBH we switch around alot , so having a holy din in the group could mean 0 retri and the other way around . We balance classes /buffs as much as we can +scrolls/drums if needed.

- my threat. > Do you mean my total threat on the ooze? Thats about 1 shieldslam + 1 shockwave + 1 thunderclap + angry thoughts. no more. Lately I just look @ omen and apply vigilance to the highest person on the ooze.
    If you mean my single target threat rotation ? Thats about 9k tps . Its hard to count though since it peaks to 13k+ tps due to tricks/MD's. But reading your posts dont forget Im 25man geared mostly , so cant compare to 10man geared tps. But you should be able to do about 6-7k tps easy imo. I remember doing that during ulduar with 219/226 gear.

I vigilance my MT because it refreshes taunt constantly. I literally tap taunt every 4-5 seconds (to prevent DR) when tanking the add, if your healer does pull aggro taunts available immediately.

Of course it doesn't do much if you don't follow it up with a hit of some sort. Vigilancing the healer sounds like a better idea, I rarely tank the adds.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

+ Reply to Thread