+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Healing daily heroics

Healing daily heroics

Hello there everyone.

As a priest that raids only two nights a week, I enjoy doing the daily heroics a lot. However, lately it's getting reeeeeeally booring to heal them, as the tanks usually outgear the place by miles. Driven by this boredom I whopped out the talent calculator, and let my imagination drift back to the 70-80 leveling days..

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ta...Xh&gn=Ragnarok

New link http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...MRaT3,UQ,11403

This is now my current offspec, and I'm loving it!
    Don't know if I''m logged out in my "smite-heal" gear, but in case I'm not, I run with aprox: 3,1K dmg, 20%crit, 17%haste and 10%hit. Now this might not be something new, but I thought I'd share because I just love doing 3-4k dps while healing.

And the best thing is, it's not boring!

I encourage every priest that is bored by healing heroics that almost don't need a healer, to try this.

Cheers all

-Xh
    Last edited by Hedda; 02-04-2010 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Armory wrong atm

I lol'ed IRL. This looks awesome Especially the decent DPS is great to show DPS how bad they (can) suck.
    Shams usually do the same with me, going Elemental offspec if I'm on my well-geared Warrior.
    A Paladin friend has gone to play Shockadin DPS and some guildies refuse to go tree form on their druid because they need more LAZORZ!!!
    As long as you know what your and your tanks limitations are trying this out in heroics can be lots of fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Yeah man that looks awesome, Good work!

I do the random daily (now nearly 78), no heroic, and I'm having the same problem, with occasional exceptions (a 74 Tank today with everyone else around 78...that kept me on my toes).

I'm going to look into this...I'm dual-specced Shadow, but find no use for it anymore (though I'm told I can use it later)...this looks much more fun than kicking-in a SP trinket and loosing Smite/Holy Nova (though I have to admit, having a Fury/Prot Warrior, it's fun to run amok in the middle of the fight, healing and dealing at the same time

Thanks!

I always DPS while I'm healing the heroic daily. Most times, in full Disco gear/spec, I can out DPS at least one person.

It certainty cuts the boredom.

More than once, now, I've noticed, at the end of a random, I'll look at my dps/healing stats, and be healing for more than 50% of total, especially when running with a Shaman, while I'm in my Shadow spec!

Now, I tend to bubble and POM the tank, before each pull, while in Shadow, just in case the healer is off smelling daisies, or dpsing! I even tried keeping shields up on the group, while running through the falling ice cave. I chuckle, when the healer gets a "gj" from the tank, after that one! Of course, it cuts into my dps, but, in 5-mans, I generally don't do more than 2.6k dps, anyway...nothing lives long enough to tick!

To stem everyone's boredom, a bit, I try to levitate them, too...

On the off spec, as Disc, I'm still not bored with healing, although I think I'm not overhealing quite as much, as when I started, a couple of months ago. I also find it sometimes challenging, to heal in the random normals, especially the Icecrown normals, and toc. Wide spectrum of gear, and class knowledge, there...it seems particularly hard, for tanks, on the POS hill of casters...kinda ironic, since the Heroic version most often runs pretty smooth, through there.
    -"Just like a buzzin' fly, I come into your life, I'll float away, like honey in the sun..."--Tim Buckley

I saw the title "Healing daily heroics" and instantly said "...puts me to sleep" lol I sit there casting random spells in resto on my shaman and yawning as my earth shield keeps the tank full. I got yelled at for my dps being higher than the tanks. "I thought you're a healer!"

As a healer I have started stripping off all my gear and going through the 5 man and needing and equiping as I go..This strategy is three fold..
    One, it allows me to feed my greed and get more loots to vendor sell.Thereby making my pugging time more useful..How can the group argue with you needing on an item when your naked?
    Two, It makes me the center piece of everyones attention and its is incredibly funny to see the comments of people seeing a naked healer buffing them up..
    Three, If the group wipes you dont have any repair bills because all the gear is disposable...

This method is so awesome..I was thinking of writing a guide for it and seeing if Tankspot would host it..

If I do my dailys with a few guildies I tend to either switch to my PVP spec (with Insect Swarm) or respec boomkin and heal that way... it's amazing downing bosses without even 1 heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrot View Post
    As a healer I have started stripping off all my gear and going through the 5 man and needing and equiping as I go..This strategy is three fold..
    One, it allows me to feed my greed and get more loots to vendor sell.Thereby making my pugging time more useful..How can the group argue with you needing on an item when your naked?
    Two, It makes me the center piece of everyones attention and its is incredibly funny to see the comments of people seeing a naked healer buffing them up..
    Three, If the group wipes you dont have any repair bills because all the gear is disposable...

This method is so awesome..I was thinking of writing a guide for it and seeing if Tankspot would host it..

Okay this was an attempt at humor..Apparently it went over like a fart in church..Doesn't mean I wont keep trying..

Okay this was an attempt at humor..Apparently it went over like a fart in church..Doesn't mean I wont keep trying..
    NINJA!!!

Darn, I was looking forward to this when I started doing Heroics tomorrow

nice spec only issue i have is that you will get that one group that need you to heal beond renew and pom. other then that have fun wtih it

...I always had 3 points in Spirit Tap because that's an awesome damage boost when it happens. When in patch 1.11 the new priest specs were introduced I even raided BWL and parts of Nax in a smiter spec.
    While I try to do at least 1.5k DPS as Disc priest in healing outfit I find that I can't be bothered anymore. Gimme my 2 badges and I'm outta here. I have been here a bazillion times, I don't know or care about you people, I will propably never meet you again. I can't even be bothered to shame them.

I really prefer running 5mans with a freshly dinged tank. That's much more fun.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

Quote Originally Posted by time987 View Post
    nice spec only issue i have is that you will get that one group that need you to heal beond renew and pom. other then that have fun wtih it
    Flash Heal is still on my bars, and also PoH.

-Xh

I usually heal heroics in my Moonkin spec and find that I constantly look at my bars to see why Swiftmend and Wild Growth aren't firing.

Lol I actually thought you were serious cos I saw a shaman do this in a random dungeon a few weeks back. He was 'dps' though, and I was wondering why he was only hitting for 500dps even after the first boss warm up. When someone asked why he wasn't equipping he just says, 'lol, wondering how long it would take people to notice'. Someone initiated a vote kick after that and i guess he went to the back of the 20min dps queue. It was kinda of funny, but I could understand why the tank was a bit pissed, getting belted for longer than was really necessary and all that.

+ Reply to Thread