+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My rogues are moaning about improved shouts

My rogues are moaning about improved shouts

Morning,

We dont generally raid with a retardin, so we seem to be missing the improved might buffs that a ret pally provides. Our fury warrior hasnt specced for improved shouts either......

Should I be speccing into improved shouts to benefit these chaps? we normally run with 7 melee 3 tanks and 2 hunters, so the attack power boost will be pretty significant to maximising raid dps. From my maths improved shouts is a 137 AP boost per raid member. Total raid boost = 1644 AP

I guess I would then have to Glyph for battleshout and get the fury warr to glyph for commanding shout.

Suggested spec - http://thottbot.com/warrior/t#k/r105/IFNaoHv,d

Its a very low TPS spec, however with vigiliance on our top shooters I rarely have agro issues. I usually run with two prot specs so I guess I could test this spec out.

Perhaps it could be a spec I use for certain fights only, where threat isnt vital...... festergut, rottgut, saurfang, in fact , most of ICC

If you take the 5pts out of cruelty and put them into improved demo shout, you have a pretty standard "survival/progression" build: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LVZGV...x0didIzsGo:Trc

I'm a bit confused though, if you have a fury warrior why hasn't he specced into commanding presence? Also note that it's not that unusual for holy paladins to pick up imp BOM, and in a 10 man group you might consider using drums of kings and having blessings of might/wisdom.

It's... Odd, that your Fury Warrior hasn't specc'd into Commanding Presence. And quite frankly, if it were my guild I'd be pressuring him to fix that rather than change my own spec(s) to accommodate.

Quote Originally Posted by madocks View Post
    Morning,

We dont generally raid with a retardin, so we seem to be missing the improved might buffs that a ret pally provides. Our fury warrior hasnt specced for improved shouts either......

Should I be speccing into improved shouts to benefit these chaps? we normally run with 7 melee 3 tanks and 2 hunters, so the attack power boost will be pretty significant to maximising raid dps. From my maths improved shouts is a 137 AP boost per raid member. Total raid boost = 1644 AP

I guess I would then have to Glyph for battleshout and get the fury warr to glyph for commanding shout.

Suggested spec - http://thottbot.com/warrior/t#k/r105/IFNaoHv,d

Its a very low TPS spec, however with vigiliance on our top shooters I rarely have agro issues. I usually run with two prot specs so I guess I could test this spec out.

Perhaps it could be a spec I use for certain fights only, where threat isnt vital...... festergut, rottgut, saurfang, in fact , most of ICC
    If you're fury warrior refuses to take Commanding Presence, he's a moron. As you pointed out the benefit it would provide to the raid would be substantial. All he would have to give up is improved cleave, which there isn't a boss fight in ICC that Imp cleave would really benefit from (other than Lady D adds).
    Havx | <Tasty Beverage> | US Alliance | Bleeding Hollow
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Hollow&cn=Havx

Just re-emphasising really. I had similar issues with our fury warrior for a while, but because I wanted the imp commanding shout in our 25 mans. It's entirely possible to spec for 100% boss damage, and even pick up imp cleave if you want, with commanding presence. Another possible place to drop talent points is unbridled wrath, which represents a very small percentage of rage gained in high-end gear.

Responsible raiders will pick up raid buffs wherever possible for the good of the raid, even if it comes at a slight personal damage loss. In this case it doesn't. There's no question.

I'd like to point out that protection paladins can get improved blessing of might by shuffling some points in the ret tree. If you start with my own spec, you can take a point from improved judgement (filler point) and a point from Seal of Command (trash/5man point) and get improved blessing of might.

Of course, I don't see why a dps warrior can't spend points on dps talents, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

Ya I take imp might in my tanking spec, so its an option.......our guild leader is the ret who has quality tanking and healing gear and often respecs for the sake of the raid, meaning we dont rely on it.
    We do have warrs to do so but it suits us. And we usually have two other holy palas too for other blessings. And any fight I go dps on I can keep up the imp might on the melee.

+ Reply to Thread