+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DK tank: how to spend first frost emblems? confused...

DK tank: how to spend first frost emblems? confused...

Edit: Just realized I should have posted this in Halp!, not Gear discusision forum. Perhaps a mod can move it for me? My bad...

I've just started ICC 10, have about 130 Frost emblems, and have been trying to figure out how to best spend them the past two or so weeks. All I've got for my efforts so far is a headache.

My Armory and Wow-heroes.

Questions:

1. Two biggest possible upgrades are my 219 cloak -> 264 cloak and 200 Trink -> 264 trink. Start with these, or try for a 251 cloak or trink drop instead? If the latter, then...

2. Which T10? All 5 pieces, or get the 264 non-tier chest with Expertise and Def and 4pc T10? Or don't bother w/ T10 at all and focus on EH from the 264 emblem items and drops?

3. I really like the T9 2pc set bonus, and am trying for another ToC trophy to upgrade to my 232 T9 gloves to 245, and hence justify keeping them (and the 245 T9 legs) for the 2pc T9 bonus. Thoughts on this? Good idea, bad idea?
    Last edited by Kurtosis; 01-28-2010 at 04:23 PM.

Biggest upgrades that offer the most armor and stam. Offset gear > tier10.

Thanks, that's what I suspected.

This might have just changed though with the patch notes released yesterday. The armor values of the T10 pieces have been significantly buffed. The change will happen until next week so you might want to wait until then if you havent already done the purchases.

Oh, thanks for the headsup, I'll definitely wait another week. Was just seeing people complaining about this on the wow forums, qq'ing about wanting emblem refunds and whatnot.

Badge chest is still better than Tier chest. Pillars Of Might > Tier Legs. Tier Helm > Broken Ram Skull

There seems to be some debate now as to whether 4p t10 (assuming ilvl 264+) eclipses offset gear. I'm not entirely convinced either way at this point, but with things being much closer i'd hang onto badges until more math is avalible.

My suggestion pick up the cloak and at least the belt dont worry about the trinket. Its nice but youll be able to get it in time and personally I would go double armor trinks if I had them IE Glyph and Putri Trink. Also suggest at least getting your 2 peice VIA chest and gloves. If I remember correctly pretty much all 2 peice's for tanks are threat based. And I know I personally need all the help I can get as DPS catch up faster and faster. As well there going to be armor based so even better.

The dk 2piece is trash. Do not use that as a factor in how you gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Proletaria View Post
    The dk 2piece is trash. Do not use that as a factor in how you gear.
    Anyone else feel its a bit odd that the 2p bonus is a threat increaser since we really havent had any issues with threat for a long time if ever?

It's a threat increase to DnD, which is either used at the start of an aoe threat rotation (or on occasion for a single target pull, though not normal) or not at all, varying by spec. There have been some math-crafters suggesting dnd-centric rotaitons because of the 2piece and glyph, but these are just math to my knowledge and I haven't read any practical successes with the builds.

Long story short: yes, it is an "odd" set bonus. In all honesty it's probably the worse than 2 seconds off taunt from t9, but it's been apparent blizzard doesn't know what to do with our class since 3.2 so we'll just suck it up and drive on as usual.

+ Reply to Thread