+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tank Gear advice for ICC10/TOC25

Tank Gear advice for ICC10/TOC25

Hi guys, I've been a lurker on this forum for a while, but finally decided to ask for some help.

I'd like to start tanking ICC 10/25 and TOC25 with my guild, and I'm looking for advice on itemization. Here's my character: http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone...&name=Doomsoul

I'm saving frost badges for the tank belt, and running H HoR every day for the tank neck, but aside from that not really sure on gear upgrades. Thinking about switching out Ick's Rotting Thumb for the black heart. So any advice on gear would be great, but really I have two main questions:

1) I've been gemming for the socket bonuses, is it really worth it to just gem +30 stamina in every socket?

2) My reasoning behind going for a balance with the gems is to maintain runestrike uptime for threat, is there an ideal avoidance % to keep runestrike uptime on most bosses?

My specs right now are a 2h frost and 2h blood tanking spec. Any advice on getting me raid ready would be appreciate, thanks.

- Doomsoul

I see no reason why you couldn't tank ICC10 at least with what you have, at least from a gear perspective.

I only gem for stamina bonuses when the socket bonus > 50% the stam lost from not stacking a pure stamina gem. And even then it's only if I need that stat (Like expertise).

Remember you can only RS as long as you have RP and whiteswings to use it on. I'm not sure what the numbers are, but I run around 45% avoidance inside ICC and it's clearly my top threat producer. I wish I was better at reading logs so I could understand how many whiteswings aren't converted to RS, but it seems like plenty are.

I highly recommend the black heart over the thumb. Again, I am prioritizing EH over avoidance, but that's the way to go these days for most fights (some rare fights still prioritize avoidance, like Saurfang). Trinkets are not 'set it and forget it'. Keep em all on you, change em out as the situation demands (IE. Lady Deathwhisper, so much magic damage means pure stam trinkets are likely your best bet)

Thanks for the good advice. I've started Gemming more +30 sta gems, rather than going for socket bonuses. I tanked 10 ICC last night and held up a lot better than I expected, hit about 10k threat on Morrowgar, but really had trouble generating threat on Saurfang for some reason, was only at about 5k. Still trying to figure that one out.

+ Reply to Thread