+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Frost Tanking rotations?

Frost Tanking rotations?

I recently switched from Blood to Frost to see if I liked it any better but I have no real clue on what the rotation is supposed to be. I'm not sure if seeing my gear/talents would help with how my rotation should go.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...enor&cn=Idecay

I'm not sure this will be helpful, but I've tanked as frost for a longish time, and this is what I do.

I have 2 rotations/priority trees I use. However, I use the glyph of Howling Blast and since you've not put in Frost Glyphs yet (or Armory isn't showing them), I am not sure if you will use that or not.

As an aside, I recommend it.

Edited: Dumps are done with Frost Strike, as you can.

AoE:
    D&D, HB (applies Frost Fever), BB, BT, BB, dump...

I kindof switch between 1 disease and 2 disease rotations, just going off of a gut feeling, but I always lead with that above combo. Then, when the runes come back up, I'll either PS, Pest, BB, BB or I'll go right into OB's (to proc Rime) and BB's untill my disease(s) fall. In an aoe fight, I use my Rime procs as soon as they pop, ignoring the timer left on Frost Fever.

Single Target:
    IT, PS, BS, BS, Oblit, Dump...

Then I go to a priority system that uses Oblit's whenever availabe, BS's to create death runes as necessary, Rime-Procced HB if Frost Fever is about to drop (essentially a free, hard-hitting IT), Frost Strike to Dump RP, Rime-Procced HB if I am starved of all other runes and rp (to keep threat rolling). Of course, reapply PS when necessary too.
    Last edited by Dirge; 01-28-2010 at 12:39 PM.

Glyphs:
    Oblit (this is a MUST for any Frost DK).
    Frost Strike or Rune Strike (I personally go with Frost Strike, since you can Always use it if you the RP, while Rune Strike is useless vs some bosses).
    Icy Touch or Howling Blast (I personally go with Icy Touch, its much better for a single target rotation for stuff like bosses than Howling Blast is).

Rotations:
    AoE, I always open with Death and Decay, then usually follow with: Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Pestilence, Blood Boil, Howling Blast, Frost Strike, Obliterate, Frost Strike, Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Horn of Winter, Frost Strike. Sometimes I will do D&D, Howling Blast, Blood Boil, then go into the rotation, but rarely.

Single, I use the following rotation: Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Blood Strike, Blood Strike, Obliterate, Frost Strike, Obliterate, Frost Strike, Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Horn of Winter, Frost Strike. Sometimes I start with D&D.

Rune Strike when you can, though you might be missing out on some of the Frost Strikes due to RP being used on the Rune Strikes.
    I rune a 2 Disease Rotation.

+ Reply to Thread