+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury DPS Problem

Fury DPS Problem

Fury DPS Problem

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...us&cn=tigerorc

i do around 3.5k to 4.5k dps in riad but people say i should be doing more in 10 men raid ICC. i tryed every think like reading guide and stuff and still no luck. i have the roations down i think. is gear my problem or is it my gems. any info would help

Just for reference, could you post what rotation you use? I'm not an expert on dps warriors but I also think you should be doing more than the 3.5-4.5k you say you do. Just curious, why no points in Commanding Presence? I could see not taking it if another warrior is putting it up for the raid, but if that's not the case then you should go for it.

As far as gems go, you should be using a meta that increases your crit damage (21 Crit rating / +3% crit damage or the Agi / +3% crit damage - you seem to be using a pvp meta) and I (very likely) may be wrong on this but I don't think warriors should gem Agi/Crit.
    Last edited by GŁth; 01-27-2010 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Typo & Grammar.

Whirlwind Bloodthirst instant Slam if you have a Bloodsurge proc then repeat that is what i got from a guide
    also HS used as a rage dump

any think wong with this roations ?

Are you waiting for Whirlwind to come off cooldown after Bloodthirst? (and after Slam if you've got a Bloodsurge proc) because you should be getting 2 Bloodthirsts in before using Whirlwind again since WW has a 10 second cooldown and Bloodthirst has a 4 second cooldown.

yes i do WW then 2 x BT and slam if it proc.

Hm, I'm all out of ideas then...sorry! Hopefully a more experienced player than myself will find something that will help.

No problem i tested my dps on the H raid dummy and i do around 3.5k to 4k unbuffed and i know i should be doing more but i have no idea where i am going wrong

I really dont see nothing horribly wrong with you gearing except your meta should be using Relentless Earthsiege Diamond and replace those agility gems with str + crit or straight arpen.

DPS on training dummy for fury is moot due to our amazing scaling with raid buffs but you can still get the idea.

The only other issue could be your rage situtation, if you HS too much you might delay WW or BT, remember whatever happens never delay WW/BT.

Also usage of cooldowns, Deathwish + recklesness + bloodfury, use them all early in fight and they will be back up before the end.

The only other issue could be your rage situtation, if you HS too much you might delay WW or BT, remember whatever happens never delay WW/BT.
    thx for that info

Holy cow geared. Here I was expecting a meh warrior but you definitely have the gear to put out substantial DPS. You definitely need to refine your rotation / proc usage because I put out a lot more DPS then that in my off-spec fury gear that isn't near as nice as your set.

Make sure you use your cooldowns and procs, I prefer using MSBT with sound notifications combined with Satrina Buff Frames for custom buffs and bars for things that I care about such as Bloodsurge procs.

If you are using the common advised rotation for Fury warriors I can only think you are either: missing procs/missing cooldowns/rage starving with too much HS. For more in-depth feedback you really need to record a WoL meter of a raid so that we can see your ability usage breakdown.

EDIT: Your stats look good with excess hit (only need 164+ as fury w talent), excess expertise (24-26 is good) and armorpen right on track for 100% on trinket proc. Could consider switching to the crit/arp wrists from ToC so that your expertise would come down around 24, could gem more Str and remain at 100% arp on proc. Similar with replacing your T9 hands with the crit/arp ones from ToC once you are ready to break your 2pc since the hit is basically a waste for you. I simply mention ToC stuff because it is a joke to get, obviously ICC stuff would be even better =)
    Last edited by Squirrelnut; 01-28-2010 at 09:02 AM.

If you are using the common advised rotation for Fury warriors I can only think you are either: missing procs/missing cooldowns/rage starving with too much HS. For more in-depth feedback you really need to record a WoL meter of a raid so that we can see your ability usage breakdown.
    no problem i will start doing that now on thx all for the info

One tip I use to great affect regarding Bloodsurge procs is this macro:

#showtooltip
    /cast Slam
    /stopcasting

If you replace your Slam button with this, you can just hit it every chance you have to use an instant Slam. If you don't have the Bloodsurge proc, the Slam cast will be canceled and you lose no rage. There is a small downside to this: if you hit it with no Bloodsurge, you do suffer a small swing timer pause (a couple tenths of a second) before the stopcasting will go off, but I've always thought it was pretty negligible.

When popping cooldowns, ALWAYS hit recklessness first. Recklessness -> Death Wish -> Blood Fury + Whirlwind. Recklessness only affects your WW+BT+Slam+HS (not white attacks) so you won't waste any charges of it by popping it first. You want DW and BF up asap before your first WW so they're up for as many rotations as possible, and of those two DW is on the GCD, so you'll have to wait until that GCD is over before hitting your first WW.

Definitely replace those agility and crit gems with raw strength since you're arp softcapped with your trinket. Try to stay at a minimum of 722 passive arp for as long as you have the NES, and gem the rest for strength.

Also, give me your main hand. Do want. /drool.

thx all for the info

+ Reply to Thread