+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tanking Threat & Rotations 3.2.2

Tanking Threat & Rotations 3.3.2

Hi there

I want to reactivate my account after a 3 month break. back then I was used to this priority system:
    http://www.tankingtips.com/2008/12/3...-as-you-think/ there is also a nice graphic about this system ( I think the guide was from dizzy) but I can't find it anymore.

However when 3.2.2 hits I think this system will be outdated for sure and there are a lot of interessting discussion already going on in the forum about the changes like revange thread + concussion blow thread etc. so I would like to conclude these discussion in this thread.

To be honest I am pretty confused and I have a lot of questions like these:

the most important:
    1. what will be the best rotation / priority system in terms of

• - DPS
    • - TPS

There are also some factors to calculate in. i.e.

• 2 PC T10 -> If you have it.. does it prioritize SW before devestate or even before Shield Slam?
    • what if you would wear 2 PC T9 would it priortize devestate above SS ? since its again another 5% buff from the already 20% buffed devestate.
    • 1.6 speed or a slow 2.6er what would be better?
    • with glyph of devestate or no glyph how would it change the priority system
    some other questions:

the revange thing:
    1. does it really drop out of the rotation?
    2. would you gain a better dps from it if you use it instead of devastate? (improved)
    3. how does the changes affect CB in terms of the rotation?

I would really like some clearification proved on maths but I guess I'll have to wait until the patches goes live
    Last edited by gom; 01-28-2010 at 01:38 AM.

There's actually some thread already out there on Revenge vs devastate & the value of Conc Blow (think you should try Prot Warrior DPS changes or similarly named threads).

You also want to make sure you use the correct patch number, I believe you're referring to 3.3.X here

If you want to stay up to date and are a numbers-man, I'm keeping a spreadsheet up to date with the latest changes, feel free to check it out for the current mechanics and come back when we have live SS nerf numbers (which is when I'll add all the other changes that have made it through that patch)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Quote Originally Posted by WarTotem View Post
    There's actually some thread already out there on Revenge vs devastate & the value of Conc Blow (think you should try Prot Warrior DPS changes or similarly named threads).

You also want to make sure you use the correct patch number, I believe you're referring to 3.3.X here
    whoops I meant 3.3.2

Quote Originally Posted by WarTotem View Post
    If you want to stay up to date and are a numbers-man, I'm keeping a spreadsheet up to date with the latest changes, feel free to check it out for the current mechanics and come back when we have live SS nerf numbers (which is when I'll add all the other changes that have made it through that patch)
    ok thanks a lot I'll do that. looking forward to

+ Reply to Thread