+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tanking regular dungeons while leveling

Tanking regular dungeons while leveling

I've cross-posted this on the WoW Forums, though now I don't see why I posted anything there, oh well. My question is that I'm leveling a Death Knight. He's currently level 73 and I'm really enjoying tanking regular instances with him throughout the leveling process. All my runs go very well, and for the most part no one complains. However, there have been two occasions when someone has told me that I need better gear to tank.

How much emphasis should I be putting toward gear to tank? Should I be going out of my way to get crafted gear and being fully enchanted, etc? Or should I just take what tank gear comes my way via quests and dungeons I run? Thoughts?

Of course, certain Tempered pieces are easily obtainable at L74, 75 etc which I'll get as soon as I can wear them. But other than those, how much should I be worrying about gear for regular instances?

Here's my Death Knight's armory. Any input would be helpful.

Some of the craftable lv.70 Cobalt armor would help as far as survivability, but if that's not an issue yet then you should be fine how you are...just make sure you've got a tank set available before going into heroics at 80 or you will have problems.

I'll definitely look into that Cobalt stuff. Thanks

I got some Cobalt pieces. Any better?

Looking good If anyone says your gear is not up to tanking normals, then they're just crazy!

thanks for the help It's very much appreciated.

I found that leveling 70-80 there wasn't much need for tank gear, but it certainly helps a lot. Collecting during leveling and or while doing dungeons is best way.

Guth hit it on the nail head, BOE tank items great place to start.

Items with a decent chunk of stamina and if has defense is always good to wear.
    Macki - Ret & Prot Paladin

+ Reply to Thread