+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Parry Hasting Addon

Parry Hasting Addon

Prefix: After reading a post over on Maintankadin about trying to compile a list of all raid bosses that have parry hasting enabled, I decided I wanted to help compile this list and thought instead of going through combat logs I could write an addon that would tell you when a boss has received parry hasting through you or someone in your party or raid.

A few days ago I started writing an addon that would inform you when a boss received parry hasting from you or someone in your party or raid. My intention with this addon is to let tanks know when a DPS has caused them to take a little spike damage, how much expertise would reduce the spike damage they take and to prove if a boss has parry hasting enabled or not without the need for blue to confirm it.

After getting a prototype working, I have come to the point where community input becomes very crucial to improving the quality and hopefully getting the addon to a beta (and later, a release) state. Aside from the usual feature requests and bugs reports, I require a database of what spells bosses cast that will reset their swing timer to give accurate parry haste warnings after a spell is used.

First thing you can do is look at the addon which is hosted on CurseForge at Parry Hasting - WoW AddOns - CurseForge.com. If you want to see it in action, you can download and try it out with the currently watched NPCs which are: Trial of the Champion (for testing, Horde champions only), Trial of the Crusader and Icecrown Citadel. None of them NPCs have a complete database of what resets their swing timers so it won't pick up parry hasting after they cast. Also the only reporting mechanism so far is debug messages so you will get chatframe spam when it detects parries and when the NPC's attack speed changes (buff/debuffs falling on and off).

The second thing you can do is help flush out the feature list, report any bugs you have found and help build the database of spells that reset the swing timer and spells that can be parry hasted (either by determining it yourself or sending me your raw combat logs of a boss fight to tbdsamman at gmail dot com).

I appreciate and value all suggestions, comments and criticisms.

While this post could have gone in the addon forum, it is still in the theory and mechanics development part and is not ready for wide spread usage.

Has anyone tried this out yet?

As a DW DK who is trying to find the magic expertise number I'm interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Evassara View Post
    Has anyone tried this out yet?

As a DW DK who is trying to find the magic expertise number I'm interested.
    It's not able to detect hasting after a boss resets their swing timer or moves or whatnot (without a database) but for just pure melee swings, it has worked great so far.

After being dragged into a 25 Ony pug by a few guildies, I got to try the addon out with Onyxia. Since the pug was pretty bad it was quite hectic and I only snapped one screenshot of when an elemental shaman parry hasted the boss. Why an elemental shaman was meleeing the boss is beyond me, why he was even in melee range is even farther beyond me.

intoST means how far into the swing timer was the parry, in percent. >100% means it was after her next expected attack and since I didn't put in her abilities that reset her swing timer, it happened quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbdsamman View Post
    After being dragged into a 25 Ony pug by a few guildies, I got to try the addon out with Onyxia. Since the pug was pretty bad it was quite hectic and I only snapped one screenshot of when an elemental shaman parry hasted the boss. Why an elemental shaman was meleeing the boss is beyond me, why he was even in melee range is even farther beyond me.
    I do this sometimes as Resto. I turn on my auto-attack as cast do not reset my swing timer. That means every time I cast an instant I add a little bit of damage should I be in melee range. With FT on there the Ele sham does about 700ish damage per swing. With Ony having such a huge hitbox and no real reason for ranged to NOT be in melee range, this can actually add quite some damage in the long run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Protection Warrior Spreadsheet

i would love to see this addon poslished! seems really useful. especialy if you could tie it in to recount in one way or another. so it wont take up to much screen space or find an alternitive way to display the output in a smooth manner.

keep up the good work

Judgement of Light and Wisdom can make it appropriate for some ranged classes to stand in melee range with autoattack going.

I have copied over the code to make the addon use the Ace3 library now and make a debug mode option so you won't get spammed anymore in combat. It also has a proper warning mechanism to alert you when a boss receives parry hasting.

It should be a lot easier to try this out and give me your feedback. If you find a bug, please screenshot it send it my way (with debug mode on preferably).

http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/parry-hasting/

If I remember when I get home, I'll download this and raid with it tonight.

However I'm a total newb when it comes to developing addon's. I just use other peoples work . Is there anything I need to know besides insuring it's in debug mode?

I'll try and get a log for ya too.

Players parry haste as well when we parry correct? Is it possible to set-up the addon to track both boss parry haste and our own? (It's your project.. but I'm curious ) I'd like to see what kind of dps gains I get from parry-haste.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

+ Reply to Thread