+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crafted & 5 Man Upgrades for me? (gems and enchants also)

Crafted & 5 Man Upgrades for me? (gems and enchants also)

Hello,

L80 Warrior. I think i have pretty much fully farmed my tanking gear. Could somone take a look and let me know if there is any better 5 man, or crafted gear i can still get that are upgrades?

Also gem/enchant suggestions welcome. Im a miner and alchemist if that is relevant.

Armory Link
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Tackytucks

In terms of raids all i have access to is 10 mans and we are not doing ICC or ToGc yet.

Gear looks good, I'm only concerned with your resilience gems...why are you using those?

The only 2 gear upgrades I can think of, off the top of my head right now, would be the shield from Auriaya in 10man Ulduar or Hodir 10man Hardmode (which really shouldn't be too hard with the current gear levels) if you've got people that would be up for that, both bosses are easy to get to as well.

hiya

Thanks

Seems my guild is allergic to bothering with hard modes (and doesnt like ulduar in general).

I was wondering what crafting patterns are in ICC? Anything good?

the resilience gems were just to activate the stamina bonus from the items, throwing the 30 stamina gems in there , will basicly only net me 9 stamina , since the gems are 15 and the socket bonus is 6 , is 9 stamina better than the reslience?

I am all about more stamina, just seems like its such a small amount that it might not be worth the trouble to re-gem. Just thinking out loud here, feel free to correct my thinking.

Don't ever gem reilience.... if you NEED to put a yellow gem in there, go with defense. Resilience is a pvp stat.
    ICC has two very nice craftable 264 items, boots & pants, but they will run you 5 and 8 primordial saronite + other stuff each. VERY expensive.
    I'd get glyph of indomnibility for physical fights (to replace the skeleton key).

If you're running ToC10's, the shield and sword off Anub'arak would both be very nice upgrades for ya.
    For frost badges, I'd look to the cloak/belt/gloves non-tier next. Probably the belt for you.

Resilience does nothing for tanks that are above defense caps (535 heroics, 540 raids), so a solid +30 stam gem would be better than the resil/stam combo gems. If you did want to keep the bonuses of those sockets though a defense/stam or hit/stam gem would be the same color and more beneficial.

The current craftables from ICC are:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49904

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49907

No defense on them though.

I'd shift one talent point if I were you. Remove one point from Shield Spec (with incoming changes Imp Revenge might be a good place too) and get 5/5 One Hand Spec. It increases SS damage too. Glyph of Mocking Blow could get changed too (maybe for a Tclap one).
    You can start thinking about changing glove enchant too. LW Wotlk stamina or TBC armor patches are probably the best way to go.

thanks for the advice. Maybe take that one point out of Vigilance, so few people ever ask for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackytucks View Post
    thanks for the advice. Maybe take that one point out of Vigilance, so few people ever ask for it.
    People shouldn't need to ask for it.
    It is up to the tank to recognize someone to put it on and use it on them. Someone with a high threat or the highest dps would be a good target.

+ Reply to Thread