Closed Thread

Thread: The Better Tank, Paladin or a Warrior or maybe a Druid ? XD

The Better Tank, Paladin or a Warrior or maybe a Druid ? XD

The Better Tank, Paladin or a Warrior or maybe a Druid ? XD

Hey guys, i just have a question that needs some explaining. for the best tank what class would you choose.

From my knowledge a pally is the best AoE holder b/c of their famous AoE consecration. With their threat multiplier (+80%) it is almost impossible for a DPS or healer to pull the adds off of you.

As for Warriors i do not no to much about how they work and how they hold the threat. In my experiences warriors can take only about 5-7 mobs at a time, while the pally can hold many more than that.

Now Druids in my experience are great for boss battles as their high armor and buffs. But for pulling multiple adds they lack in a pure AoE move.

Now these are my opinions and personal experiences, i just want to know the best class for a tank and how to use him effectively.

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

Gears.

The best tank is the one that you enjoy to play the most.
    "A man can learn twice as much from milking a cat as two men can from a very tall fourth man.
    - Mark "Alec Baldwin" Twain

In b4 closed.

On a more serious note, the above is correct. There are some balance issues, and if you're looking for the current flavor of the month then Paladin is certainly your ticket. That being said, there are a very small number of encounters some classes have serious problems with, and unless you have your heart set on being say: the optimal tank of Anub'arak adds on heroic(warrior), the highest all around threat tank(paladin), or the biggest sack of HP around Dalaran(druid)... pick the one that you can stand to play the most.

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofhalo View Post
    From my knowledge a pally is the best AoE holder b/c of their famous AoE consecration. With their threat multiplier (+80%) it is almost impossible for a DPS or healer to pull the adds off of you.

As for Warriors i do not no to much about how they work and how they hold the threat. In my experiences warriors can take only about 5-7 mobs at a time, while the pally can hold many more than that.

Now Druids in my experience are great for boss battles as their high armor and buffs. But for pulling multiple adds they lack in a pure AoE move.
    Well, I think you've got a few preconceptions about the classes that aren't quite right.

For tanking multiple adds, Druids have Swipe, which is a very effective AoE ability. As far as Paladins/Warriors go, there's no limit to the amount of mobs either class can take at a time. Paladins certainly do have more powerful AoE, but consecrate is only a part of that, you've also got massive threat from Avenger's Shield (hits 3 targets) and Hammer of the Righteous (hits 3 targets, or 4 targets with glyph), as well as Seal of Corruption/Vengeance that stacks dots on mobs that are hit by your abilities, and Holy Shield that causes damage to attacks when you block. Warriors have Thunderclap and Shockwave, which both can hit all targets, as well as cleave which hits 2 targets or 3 targets with a glyph, and if you're specced into Deep Wounds, your critical hits can also apply bleed effects on mobs, then you also have Damage Shield where any damaging attacks against you cause damage to the attacker.

That's a run down of how each class AoE tanks.

I'm not going to say which is better, that's up to you to decide. I'll just say that I've got both a Warrior and Paladin tank, and I prefer my Warrior.

All of them.

Closed.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Closed Thread