+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Favorite raiding boss?

Favorite raiding boss?

As title says, whats your favorite raiding boss?

Festergut cause I can stand in 1 place and go for broke on DPS

The Airship Battle cause it's just plain fun

My favorite boss is Ossirian the Unscarred.

Thaddius.

I don't think any other boss has anything as fun as the tank throw.

Thaddius, the tank throw is a blast.
    Heigan, just because half the DPS die during the Dance, and I always like listening to the raid leader call out Wipe it Up, because he was one of the fails. And there's me saying, No, keep going. I can kill him if a healer stays up. which we invariably did.

All-time, Twin Emperors in AQ40 back in Vanilla WoW. Was the most fun I've ever had learning new bosses.
    Lich King, Festergut. It's so fun and I just get to sit back and DPS my butt off!

I always loved Jin'do. Anything could happen. No kill was alike.
    And he made me feel pretty.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

The Opera Event in Karazhan was pretty cool, but overall I was most impressed with the Siege event in Ulduar that leads up to Flame Leviathan, those were some pretty awesome moments.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

For WoTLK its a toss up between Yogg'saron and Putrecide.

Putrecide is a bit too leniant on melee like myself, while our contribution on Yogg is indispensible. However Yogg on regular 25 man at least is very anti climatic, its practically a win if you hit P3 with everyone up. Putrecide I just started facerolling my keyboard it was so clutch.

M'uru and KJ only because of the endless headaches spent on it, good times between pulls though made them amazing (stealing krilz's money not the least)

Flame Levvy. Come on, who dosen't like that battle.

Probably Lady Vashj, just for the sheer joy I got after spending countless weeks of wiping to see her fall flat on her face!

Funnily, Firemaw.

One of our MTs at the time was a gnome. You know that little corner where you need to tank him? well the base of the pillar is higher than a gnome. This has led to many wipes, laughter and our infamous macro:

I----------------------
    I
    I You need to be
    I this tall
    I to tank
    I
    I

Iron Council, as a Prot Warrior you get to really show off you ability to control and react to the bosses.

All time favorite, Twin Emps.

WOTLK, Yogg and Firefighter are easily the best. The rest of wrath tanking is very tame by comparison. Putricide did come close though. I like them movement intensive.

I think I'd go with Mimiron. It had a great combination of cool, funny, variety and challenging elements, and a hard mode which really pushed you. It's the boss I'd pick if I was going to show some non-WOW players an encounter video, which I think says something.

There are plenty of other great encounters, some of which have personal significance attached because they were milestones for the raidgroup or for me as an individual, and some of which were just great bits of game design. I always really enjoyed Zul'Gurub (which I played on my rogue, and where I felt like I contributed more than in the 40 man raids) and later Zul'Aman, because of the time challenge. Some of the AQ fights like Twin Emps and C'thun were pretty significant milestone kills for our raid group at the time. The Kael'thas encounter was the biggest and most complex we'd seen at the time and epic in it's conclusion. Right now, I'm really like Prof. Putricide (similar combination of fun/cool/challenge to Mimoron), my favourite Icecrown boss so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnage View Post
    Thaddius.

I don't think any other boss has anything as fun as the tank throw.
    This boss was fun at first. Until our healers came up with the tankgame, send over the tank with as low health as possible.

For me the most memorable boss is Curator in karazhan. Just because the guild i'm in worked on him abit over a month before we downed him the first time, we could go and wipe on the guy for 5-6h straight and still having fun. Once we downed Curator for the first time we one shotted him for months before we had our next wipe on him due to a DCing tank.

Oh, and i'll never forget our first XT try, we wiped because everyone was laughing too much to his voice.

My favorite encounter movement-wise is Twin Emperors or Ossirian.

Favorite Lore-tastic event is killing Rend Blackhand in UBRS. "Kill the One in the Dress!" Plus it was just awesome the first time I'm jumped the ledge... with my voidwalker out... and pulled half the instance.

Favorite wotlk boss is probably mimiron. Tho I have a soft spot for Thorim.. I think I say "IN THE MOUNTAINS" or "YOU FACE JARAXXUS!" just before every pull starts now.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

Bloodboil in BC, closely followed by Kael. In Wrath... Freya add tanking wasn't bad, but no raid boss really thrilled me. Scourgelord Tyrannus is more interesting than any other wrath tank so far, even if just because I get thrown around and can kite him for maximum effect.

From Vanilla I'd say my favorite boss was Baron Geddon, because my guild refused to tank him anywhere but Garr's room...which had a VERY high roof...which made for some great laughs.

BC I'd have to say I enjoyed Illidan, but mostly because I was warlock tanking him and I could just slack off for 80% of the fight.

Wrath has been pretty uneventful for me, I enjoyed Auriaya because of how well warriors could tank her without needing a specific class present in the raid. (i.e. No tremor totem / fear ward needed, can interrupt her casts every time without depending on a dps)

+ Reply to Thread