+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3.2.2 patch

3.2.2 patch

Before reading any further, understand I'm just venting frustration......you've been warned..

Looking over the final patch notes for 3.3.2 patch (due out tomorrow) and see once again prot warriors getting nerf.

• Shield Slam: The damage scaling from block value for this ability now diminishes faster and diminishes starting at a lower block value. The difference should be negligible for players in high-end tanking armor. In addition, the threat caused by Shield Slam has been increased by 30%.
    • Warbringer: This talent no longer allows Charge and Intercept to break roots or snares. Intervene remains unaffected.

So let's see.....we're effectively removing prot warrior's ability to break ANY kind of crowd control...joy......and we're making shield slam a little weaker and instead increasing the stupid "built-in" threat mechanic.

Personally I've just about come to the conclusion that the people working on prot warrior for blizzard are either A) dumber than bricks or B) have a serious desire to see warriors removed from the game. Throughout the entire course of WOTLK they have systemically chipped away at just about every major ability we have. It pisses me off. I continue to play my warrior cause I truely like the class. However why we have to continue to be singled out with the damn nerf bat is beyond me. And please don't hand me the stupid PVP argument. There are classes that are far more OP in PVP than prot warrior will ever be and blizz isn't nerfing them every other patch. Besides PVP has been the bane of this game since it's introduction........sigh.

Alright I'm done bitching now........thanks for reading..

EDIT: yes, before someone brings it up, I know it's patch 3.3.2. Title is just a typo.
    Last edited by jworley; 02-01-2010 at 11:19 PM.

You know that it doesnt actually "lower" damage output for people that already focused on stacking bv? Or even people in 258/264 gear? (The difference should be negligible for players in high-end tanking armor)
    Personally in normal gear I have about 1700 bv. Im critting for 12k during raids using shield block. Old cap was... something like 2700 for max damage? basically your SS will stagnate faster but you wont actually notice this during your day2day tanking experience as far as I can tell .
    facts:
    If you stacked block in some way you wont notice it (you already passed block cap anyhow)
    If you didnt stack block you wont rly notice it + you will have reached cap anyway with shieldblock

This is purely a pvp burst nerf and nothing to be concerned of imo . Not like your SS is the only source of damage and will still hit hard enough . Devastate constant damage every GCD wins you more matches + conc blow/shockwave combos than that phat SS (and low res clothies would have died anyway, not like you need a 10k crit for that)

About the snare thing, are you telling me in arena's you dont intervene? This is only an "improvement" since it now forces the lazy idiots to actually use that nifty intervene more pro-actively. Nothing says you cant charge AFTER you intervene.

fact is , your world dissapeared. So adjust and move on , there is no set way to rome

LOL....look beyond this one nerf friend.....yea it's minor, but it's still a nerf. Stacked on top of nerf after nerf after nerf. That's what makes it so blasted frustrating. To answer your question, I don't play arena. For the most part I don't PVP. Protection warrior's place is not in PVP it's in PVE and so yea I'm a little tired of seeing my PVE tank nerfed because of stupid PVP. That was the point of my little rant......nothing more, nothing less. No need to read more into it than that...like I said on top, I'm just venting frustration.

(Just to let you know, the name of the thread is 3.2.2, instead of 3.3.2)

Just because Frost Mages can't kite us like the rest of the melee's, we get nerfed.

To the OP a forum is a place of discussion not a place to rage. Really you hate the nerf though like kher said you wont notice it if you are at ICC lvl raiding. Aside from Faction champs how often are you getting snared in a raid that a mass dispell isnt going out to quickly get you out? They buffed one of your attacks i believe devastate in order to compensate the damage reduction to shield slam. Just because tanks in arena doesnt sound khosher to you doesnt mean this is something that isnt going on and doesnt need to be addressed, although people on this forum have brough up good ideas on how to more properly address the issue in my opinion. No one likes a nerf but suck it up it happens not like warriors suck so bad that guild's are dumping them by the truck load, hell they are still the preferred mt.

I can't help feeling that the patch notes are incomplete.
    I'm thrilled that we're not getting the Devastate buff but at the same time Blizz clearly stated, that with the SS nerf would come a sustained DPS buff. So something's being left in the dark me thinks.

They are incomplete: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...d=1&pageNo=1#1

Talents
    • Protection
      • Concussion Blow: The damage done by this ability has been reduced by 50%, but its threat generation will remain approximately the same.
      • Devastate: This ability now deals 120% of weapon damage, up from 100% of weapon damage.
      • Shield Slam: The damage scaling from block value for this ability now diminishes faster and diminishes starting at a lower block value. The difference should be negligible for players in high-end tanking armor. In addition, the threat caused by Shield Slam has been increased by 30%.
      • Warbringer: This talent no longer allows Charge and Intercept to break roots or snares. Intervene remains unaffected.

+ Reply to Thread