+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: how did you come up with your toon names?

Bloogan sounded barbaric and tough i originally though of it for champions of Norrath i liked it so much it stuck

Being a feral druid I wanted to incorporate being a predator with being a shape shifter with being a king of the jungle. And yes I was a transformer fan when I was young.

So Predakhan seemed to fit all three.

Warrior: I started the game with about four or five friends who wanted to roll together on a PvP server. I wanted to roll a a rogue, but a friend who had been playing as a warrior at the time said I needed to make a warrior, they were incredible, he was making a healer, ect. I had no interest in playing a warrior, or tanking, but ended up rolling it and the name came into play because we all had names that had the 'tion' Commotion, Aggravation, Redemption. I got stuck with Termination..and yes, I heard all the jokes. When I switched servers, I renamed him after my nephew who was just born about a week prior, Caleb..and when I faction changed him to Horde, he became Mance, ripped shamelessly from the Song of Ice and Fire series.

Paladin: Kantele. Taken from a song of the same name by Amorphis.

Rogue: My original Rogue name was Caesh, a name of a character from a story a friend of mine was writing, when I stopped playing Alliance, I rolled another rogue and named him Asarel, which I got from the same friend on account that I pretty much fail at coming up with names.

Mage: Cyrael was basically just a slight alteration of something that popped up on the random generator. Leveled him to 80 and the very first raid I went on, he was dubbed Cereal and it stuck.

DK: Like my rogue his name came from a story a friend of mine wrote, I found out later that Valesh was also something that pops up when the Alliance are yellin'.
    Quality Over Quanity.

For supermassive bosses you need someone who is supermassive enough to take supermassive hits.
    So I named my toon Kaityperry.

i suck with names so i use randoms that pops in my mind :P
    theoneuhate - kickazz warrior
    iambehindyou- rogue xD
    bangbang- a huntard hehe

I've had a lot of different names for forums and MMORPGs. Runescape, I was EvelynNyht, which was a common username I had for a forum I used to frequent. But the name didn't seem right as I grew out of that character. So I researched Horde races and classes that I'd enjoy the most. Paladin was what fit my personality and naturally blood elf was the only option. So I pulled out my elven name generator sheet I'd kept around as well as the Tolkien elven dictionary I had printed out. Aelela (eye-lee-la) is "Knight Hawk." The rest of my toons all end with -ela "hawk."

As for lilmissy4205, no it doesn't have anything to do with 420. Fourty-two is the answer to the universe and 05 is my grad year from high school. As for lil missy, I'm 5'2" and obviously a girl, thus the lil missy part. And it was a nickname one of my theatre "family members" had for me while I was growing up.
    "They say that the best blaze brightest when circumstances are at their worse."

Tankard... I'm a dwarf, I tank, I drink... Nuff said.

Random name generator. All of 'em. Sometimes it's harder picking the right name than it is designing the character's look.

I got roped into wow and a bunch of friend rerolled on blackrock to level with me.

At the time I had no idea what any of the classes really did or played like. So I went with the most simple analogy from WC3 I could find... Tauren Warrior. Then clicking through the skin patterns I saw one that was roan. Which triggered the pun: Roan Ranger off of the Lone Ranger. Sadly, none of my friends play or all play elsewhere now, so my toon did end up alone. Sadly, also playing on a pacific/oceanic server a lot of people assume it's some sort of racist joke against asian accents or what not. I usually tell them to go look up what roan is and they feel pretty stupid afterwards though (most of them aren't offended so much as wanting to hate on asians so I like shutting them up).

Since then, all my alts have had lame puns as well.
    Greencloud - orc shaman, pun off Red Cloud
    Bellringer - troll dk, I found her ugly like Quasimodo and I guess she's meant to ring people's bell...
    Subarctic - frost mage naturally

Then there's Kelzaral - a undead warlock I named after an demonic/possessed dwarf sorcerer from this game called Confrontation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVk3mR2UhgI

It pop'd in my head at the character creation screen.
    The place where you loose your self and find yourself
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Karleigh: from a baby name book, means "Little and womanly" French; Also now played in a D&D 3.5 game.
    Linlori: derived from a program called Tablemaster; Linlori Merliniel is her full name, and was first played as a half-elven mage in an online, play-by-post 2nd ed AD&D game. I now play her in a 3.5 D&D game as well.
    Sillenael- another name derived from Tablemaster; named for Silael Lirrinil (known to humans as Silverlight), moon elven priestess of Sehanine Moonbow, as played in a play-by-post 2nd ed AD&D game.

Hi All,
    This is my first post on Tankspot. Thought it would be appropriate to start with some exposition.

Glampyre, my Death Knight (and new Main) is the reanimated then emancipated form of my Warlock Glamdrella. They look the same except for the undead motif on Glampyre. Same face,hair, etc. Fun factoid here : I am 10% RP nerd. There is a whole back story to it and lineage woven into WoW lore. (ok maybe 50%) I could go on and on...

Glamdrella was first created in the CoN milleu on PS2 where I played a Shadowknight (might as well have been called a Death Knight). When I was on the CC screen I thought well now.. she is kinda hot and a bit scary therefore the Glam, short for Glamourous, and Drella derivitive of Vampirella.

Glamdrella challenged the minions of the Lich King and, through sheer coincidence, while at Scholomance on a scouring mission, she crossed paths with what was once Arthas. Brave from the Start, Defiant to the last! such was her epitaph. Her doom was sealed. For 15 years she had served at the Fallen One's feet after he struck her down with a single blow. Arthas gave her life again, but, not real life ... the life of a thrall. A hidden gift he also gave her, in addition to the awesome Death Knight powers the gift of Hate. Mairelle "Glam" Lifeseed
    born a nature-loving, inquisitive, poetic soul was now empowered with the burning rage of a thousand scorned psyches. Armed thusly and with a connection to nature born in her blood as a half elf. She reclaimed her freedom and became Glampyre Hateseed, ronin Death Knight with nothing but vengence on her mind.

or something like that..

Glam

P.S. I am a male that play female toons,because, if I have to look at someones backside all day it will be a girl
    LF a raiding guild that starts on time...STILL.

Fastous (Slightly modified for asthetic purposes)
    –adjective
    1.haughty; arrogant.
    Last edited by Fastous; 02-02-2010 at 09:24 PM.

Kargun, my main, is a dwarf hunter and I thought the name sounded kinda Dwarfish :S

Same concept for my Dwarf DK - Baelgrun. Amusingly, discovered AFTER creating him that there is a Baelgun's dig site and that there is now a crossbow named after it. My main had a crossbow for a while which was sort of named like my alt.

My female dwarf paladin is called Damnfugly, because, well, its a female dwarf and therefore pretty damn f***kin ugly.

Mine comes from Dungeons & Dragons. Kas the Bloody Handed or Kas the Betrayer was the second in command for Vecna a powerful Lich who eventually became a God. One day Kas turned on Vecna and using the sword the Lich forged for him took his hand and eye (which are now popular artifacts in the game) the result was Kas was banished to the Plane of Shadows, where he became a Vampiric Death Knight.

A little fudging with the letters and I became Khaas the Blood DK.
    Khaas the Insane
    My Guild: Face on Fire | My Blog: SRSBusiness

My first toon was a paladin I made on my brother's account before I had one. His name was Shifalier, based on "shifa," which means health in Urdu, a language I speak a bit from living in Pakistan for a while. When I got a guest pass and made my own toon it was a Tauren warrior, named Serrmarna, which basically means "headbasher" in the same language. But I was a utter noob and didn't really understand servers and factions when I made him on a different server and all my bros toons were alliance, so I switched and made another paladin. His name is Alkatractite, which I think was inspired in part by the random name generator, but sadly I don't remember. Nowadays I try to name all my toons with an "alk" or "alka" portion and then something that relates to the class. Like my shaman is "Alkatotem," and my dk (not sure if I'll ever get him to 80, 65 now just for professions) is "Obliteralka."

Paulbunyin- based off the old Tall tale. I like stories and I figured a Axe wielding warrior named after the character in the tall tale would be cool. I made this toon in TBC cause my guild at the time had no room for my hunter in raids really and they needed tanks, so I rerolled this warrior. I tanked in TBC, and in WOTLK I've done almost nothing but DPS on him. Lolz

IBjammin- My troll Hunter. He be jammin mon!!! Originally this toon was named Belloq cause i was watching Indian Jones at the time and the villian in the lost Ark is Dr. Rene Belloq. Shrug. But this character was a character I played in Vanilla wow on a pvp server for a long time. When burning crusade came out I switched servers to play with some friends and Belloq was taken.......weird. So.... IBjammin I thought was a funny name for a troll hunter. I might add his pet now is a Wolf named IBhowling.

Maggotcow- He's a DK, and a Cow. So he's a dead cow. With maggots. I have no idea i just decided to make this toon cause I wasn't tanking on Paul really. Tanking became his offspec. I wanted to try tanking as another class and a big dead cow DW frost tank appealed to me.

Tygrasvoth- My first toon in wow. Played him in vanilla wow for a long time. He was alliance human Pally. This character name came from a Jedi I played in westend games old Star Wars d6. When I came back to playing wow when TBC came out everyone I knew was gone or was now playing Horde. So I left this guy rotting on the shelf and played my hunter and my warrior in TBC.
    I have plans to resurrect this guy in Cataclysm. I already have his name saved for when I faction change and transfer.
    He will be Supremebeef the mighty cow paladin in Cataclysm.

I also plan on making a Goblin rogue for Cataclysm. But I haven't come up with a name yet.

I tend to go for (attempted) funny puns with most of my names. If not, then something descriptive of who/what they are.

Carchaser- my very very first character, a dwarf warrior. His name was an inside joke/hint for my then-girlfriend (now wife) that convinced me to start playing. She didn't know I had started playing (because I had swore that I'd never play, seeing as how I had been a hardcore/dedicated console gamer for my entire life) and his name was to be a clue that I wasn't just some random guy asking her for help. I originally made a warrior because in all previous RPGs of any kind, I always played a magic-user, because it was what interested me the most. My girlfriend knew this, so that was part of why I chose the warrior, to assist with the ruse. The other part of why I chose him was because I wanted to try to be a melee class. It didn't work out and he rotted at lvl 6 because I was terribad at the game and a complete noob.

Aljahzra- Gnome Mage. My second character, after I gave up on the warrior. The name just sounded mage-y, which is what I was going for. It's mostly an amalgam of various names from different fantasy books that I've read. Retired and deleted a while ago while I was cleaning up my list of toons.

Puufbgaun- Night Elf Rogue. I made this one to level with my gf. If you don't get the name, just sound it out. My last Alliance character.

Raszahk- Undead Warlock. My first Horde character, and my main all the way from the middle of vanilla up until Wrath dropped. I was trying to think of something that sounded dead and evil, and this is what came out. It is still the only one that shows up on the Armory, so it makes me smile knowing I actually created something unique.

Soylent- Tauren DK. Slightly altered from "Soilent" because Soilent was already taken. It's a green Tauren, so, Soilent Green. If you're still confused, just google Soilent Green. **Beware of Spoilers if you ever plan on reading Soilent Green**

Gnomepunter-->Grassmuncher-->Sunderwear-->Sunderwhere- Ah, my main squeeze ever since Wrath dropped. Originally started as an alt character before I started raiding in BC. I was getting bored of playing my warlock all the time, and since I didn't raid, I had plenty of time to start a new character (I had previously ONLY played my 'lock). I wanted the alt to be as far from a 'lock as possible, so I chose a warrior. I also wanted to be unique with my warrior, so I chose a Female Tauren, because I had never seen a Female Tauren Warrior. Amazingly, Gnomepunter wasn't taken, so I nabbed it. Got her to 70 after a long while, then ended up Xferring servers, and had to rename her. I ended up taking Grassmuncher because I got stumped...and it's a female cow. I had never thought of the drug implications until I was messaged by a few different people asking about that. AAAANyway, got Grassmuncher into raiding and started gearing her up. My raiding guild all transferred away after it fell apart, so I went with my other friend to a different server. I didn't want to keep Grassmuncher, so my friend came up with Sunderwear, which I thought was appropriately hilarious and took it. I ended up moving to Germany and, in the process, finding all my old raiding group that had fallen apart before (they were all Euro/US night-shift players). Sunderwear was taken on the new server, so I altered it a little bit and Sunderwhere the DPS warrior that never tanked was born. Easily the most fitting name for her. She became my main once I Xferred to Archimonde because I ended up getting her better gear than my warlock, who got stuck in-between tiers during BC.

Twyggdrasil- My druid that I'm levelling that will be my first healer. Named for Yggdrasil, the Norse World Tree. What better name for a Tree Druid that Twygg(Twig)drasil, not quite as powerful a life force as the all-mighty World Tree, but as powerful as a small piece of it, maybe...
    Mallok: Don't try to force the square peg into the round hole, if you get it in there, it's uncomfortable for both.
    Ciderhelm: Probably feels pretty good for the square peg.

I'm pretty straightforward; take my real name, spell it backwards, get Eloc.
    My alts are generally a variation on that, like Elok or Elocia.

When I'm about to name a char, I normally spend a few minutes looking up variations of Greek Gods/Titans and using them. They always seem to be taken, so I opt for random names which end up being quite nice

+ Reply to Thread