+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blood DPS, am I stacking too much Strength?

Blood DPS, am I stacking too much Strength?

Hi Guys,

I am a Blood DPS DK, I have decently good gear and at the moment I am gemming +STR on all my items.

My question is this, in a 25man raid, fully buffed, I am sitting on about +- 7800 AP, would it be worth my while to gem for ArP or Crit, maybe to get the socket bonuses?

The only times I see DPS in excess of 8k is when we have a Bloodlust and if I pop CD's. I believe with my gear I should get a bit more?

I am using the standard IT > PS > HS > HS > DS > RP dump > DS HSx4 rotation

My Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...r&cn=Vampdeath

Thanks alot for your time.

Regards

Strength for Blood will still be point per point better for you than any other stat so stacking strength will always be the best gain.

Personally, the only time I'd start gemming ArP is if I'm around 30% with my gear, and I have an ArP trinket. Short of that, some people do still gem ArP but I find Strength to be better in this situation. Some people will say "You're full of crap!" but ArP simply does not affect around 15% of your damage. If 15% of that damage was physical and we were a pure physical class when it comes to being Blood, then I'd say go ArP. Unfortunately, Strength will always be your 'best' stat to get.

Get one of the trinkets, then you can consider switching to ArP gemming.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Thanks for the reply Krenian,

At the moment I tried going +10str and +10crit on some of my sockets, but I didn't see a difference (be it worse or better)

My ArP is on 436 from gear only at this stage (31.15% according to math), so would you advise getting Needle Encrusted Scorpion http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50198 and gemming with ArP gems on some slots?

Yeah totally would.

The thing is that you'll see the jump for ArP only at high amounts of ArP. And when you get more, the jump goes even higher. So with the proc, at 30% + the NES, it'll get you around 85%. 15% ArP gemming isn't too hard and will net you a higher increase in DPS as Blood seeing you're going to affect 85% of your damage a lot more than it will hurt the 15% of the damage that won't benefit it.

So short of getting the trinket, stay Strength. When you do, cap ArP and you should see some interesting numbers.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

I'm in the same boat and really confused with ArP. My ArP is 456 (32.58%) and I have the NES. Being Blood I also have the Blood Gorge talent that negates 10% of the enemies armor as well. So with the proc, at 32% + NES, I'm at 97% ArP??

Should I just throw one Arp gem in to cap? Thoughts??

Personal Armory lookups, even if DPS related belong in the HALP forums. Read rules.

Moved.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread