+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trouble tanking Festergut.

Trouble tanking Festergut.

Hi, this is my warrior
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...am&n=Ediniidia she has a gear score of (atm 2738).

And for the first time last night I attempted to tank festergut(10) with my guild. However as I was tanking the boss we were having issues keeping me up. I wasn't making it to the second inhale. And I'm just curious if I'm doing something wrong with my spec, gemming, gear choice. We were using two healers, a resto druid, and a discipline priest. However we then switched to a Resto druid, and holy pally with a little better results but still not able to keep me alive.

Thanks and any help is greatly appreciated

Chances are good that if you're not even making it to the second inhale, the healers are fixating on the raid and totally forgetting about you. A death log would be very helpful to analyze here, because generally the tank damage in the early phases in quite low and your gear looks perfectly reasonable for this fight.

If you have a resto druid, he should be able to keep both groups up by himself and HoT's on you in the early phases with spot heals for vile gas from the other healer while he keeps an eye on you. Then both transition to you in the later phases with raid damage is negligible.

Unfortunately I do not have a death log. Can you recommend an add on or program that will suffice in creating one? Also I forgot to mention but it's some information, I used Rhinolicious Wormsteak (40 exp and stamina) and Flask of stoneblood (1300 health).

Have you tried using 3 healers? My guild does it with 3.

Recount has a feature that will list all the events up to your demise. I'm sure there's others as well, but I can't think of any off the top of my head. =)

But honestly I don't think there's anything that you can do in this situation. You can't pop cooldowns to stay alive that early because then you're just guaranteed to be toast in the 3-inhale phase anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by nethervoid View Post
    Have you tried using 3 healers? My guild does it with 3.
    We only gave it a handful of attempts last night. Then called it. We were concerned that if we used 3 healers we'd hit the hard enrage timer.

We're doing icc again tonight, so this time I'll have a log (If we do festergut). Ill try and keep you guys updated tonight.

We had an altrun where i tried to twoheal it, me on discpriest and a holy priest. While we both hit about 6,5k hps halfway into the fight a mage died and we got puking in melee. The try after we switched to 3 healers and downed it easily. Keep in mind that there is about 13-14k hps total needed and with 5 dps only an average of 5k dps so just grab 3 healers

Also try and get the max DPS from your tank who is not tanking but has +80% damage. Should be able to pull like 3k+. Although warriors are a bit gimped due to no rage.

Quote Originally Posted by nethervoid View Post
    Also try and get the max DPS from your tank who is not tanking but has +80% damage. Should be able to pull like 3k+. Although warriors are a bit gimped due to no rage.
    I never had rage issues when OTing Festergut, due to the poison cloud giving me a nice constant stream of rage ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Reev View Post
    I never had rage issues when OTing Festergut, due to the poison cloud giving me a nice constant stream of rage ready to go.
    I was probably using heroic strike. Force of habit. lol

+ Reply to Thread