+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guild mass-transfer messed up our raid IDs...

Guild mass-transfer messed up our raid IDs...

Has anyone here ever been involved with a guild who mass-transferred to a different server? My guild switched servers this week, and basically the whole guild transferred over already. We did our ICC25 run on tuesday on our old server and saved Blood Queen for sunday night. Well, last night we started forming the raid only to realize that every one of us had a different raid ID... Anyone ever experience this? If so, what did the GM do for you?

Leaving MG to make room for more horde xfers. Sad day.

Anyhow, IIRC you loose raid id's completely upon xfer and are given a clean slate. I recall several guilds abusing this a while back to get a second set of attempts at heroic anub. Though i've never heard of this massively diffirent and simultaneously saved ID problem, it wouldn't suprise me if it was just a defense mechanism blizzard implemented to discourage that kind of behavior.

Yea, well it screwed us out of bein able to kill (or even attempt) blood queen this week. We even saved putricide till later so not loot off him either.

At least 25 of us had tickets open since sunday at around 7pm, and none got answered. I finally got an estimated answer time at around 4am. Said my ticket would be serviced in 2 hours.... Just in time for the servers to go down :x

Quote Originally Posted by Proletaria View Post
    I recall several guilds abusing this a while back to get a second set of attempts at heroic anub.
    Some guilds tried to, but they didn't get anything out of it

You are not given a clean slate upon transfer. Usually, you retain your same raids IDs through the transfer process but sometimes they get jumbled. GMs usually don't help much in this kind of situation because you put your ticket in right before servers went down and I don't think they'll give you two sets of each.

We put our tickets in about 36 hours before servers went down, on Sunday evening. You would think they could just give those 25ppl the same raid ID, it doesn't seem like that big of a problem for them to fix. All 25 of us told them to reply to our 2 GMs. The issue is over now tho, we got screwed.

Off-topic, but, what was the decision making behind moving from one high pop server to another?

+ Reply to Thread