+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ticked of Frost DW Tank needs some help

Ticked off Frost DW Tank needs some help

Alright guys, I need a bit of advice to help me get back on the right track...

Here's my Armory; The World of Warcraft Armory - Kaeltanas @ Greymane - Profile

I have noticed as of late that I'm beginning to have an issue with my Icy Touch and Plague Strike attacks not landing. As it were, it appears to only be IT or PS, and it seems I am being dodged or parried, but I have also noticed some misses mixed in there.

At first I wasn't to worried about it, but today in ToC25 with my guild the issue reared it's ugly head hard and an Icy Touch, followed by a Plague Strike, Followed by an Icy Touch refused to land back to back to back. Thankfully Gormok landed his second impale shortly thereafter and the MT taunted him off me before my TPS went flying down the sinkhole my lack of diseases would have created.

My first priority is to get rid of my tanking offhand and go back to a slow DPS offhand. But beyond that I'm running a bit shy of ideas. I'm beginning to wonder if my gear is being itemised wrong, or maybe my enchants need to change, or what i can spare to swap on my gems. I almost swapped out several of my all-stam gems for +stm and +hit tonight in an effort to alleviate the issue, but I figured I'd run by here first to see if there was something else I'm missing.

So, that's the question of the day folks, what the hell am I missing here that I need to change to get back on track for DW tanking?
    Last edited by M1A1 Moo; 01-20-2010 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Becuz i kant spel
    Handing out God Mode like waffles to a fat kid.

Sorry if I missed the mark but I can't really view your armory from my office. T_T

One general advice would be to try increasing your expertise if you notice that your attacks are getting parried/dodged or missing very often.

if you're having problems with your attacks not landing, it's not the weapon itself.

You're hit is fine for dual wield frost (dw frost is only 5% for specials?), but Icy touch doesn't follow that as far as i know, so you can get funny misses with that if you're low.

ASSUMING that your weapon skills are both maxed, i'd say it's a mix of your slightly low expertise and just terrible luck.

eat expertise food. make sure your wep skills are maxed. maybe get more hit since even tho it's fine for dual wield, its still...kinda low.

I would recommend maybe getting more Hit Rating, at the very least get Expertise to 26.
    Gem for Expertise if you need to get to there.
    Get the Expertise enchant for your hands if you need to.
    But get Expertise to 26.

There, updated my gemming and enchants, how's that look?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&cn=Kaeltanas
    Handing out God Mode like waffles to a fat kid.

Much better for expertise, although you could still use some more. Read this article to find out why. With a slow/fast weapon combination like you have, you're really shooting for 30 expertise.

I disagree with those who say you could use more hit. DW frost actually needs less hit than a 2H build because Nerves of Cold Steel reduces the amount of hit you need to 5%.

+ Reply to Thread