+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raid Weekly not so random?

Raid Weekly not so random?

I was just curious if anyone else is getting repetitive "random raid weeklies"?

Three weeks in a row, we get the same dude. Our Guild Message of the Day was changed to: "You face Jaraxxus! Eredar Lord of the non-random weekly!"

We're so sick of that guy, we didn't really run it this week. :P

We've had Anub, Sarth, Maly, Patch and first guy in DeathKnight wing ... think that's the right number. Haven't had anyone in ICC or ToTC yet definitely.
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

Hmm

it seems sartharion is fed up with us kicking his ass. He has been the random for the last 3 weeks.

i reckon his new emote is "please..not again"
    Belgariad: EU : Lightnings Blade. Once a Tank. Always a Tank.

it's been totally random for the last month on my server; you're just experiencing some bad luck.

It is random. Repeats are just that as well random. We get a lot of Razorscale and Razuvious.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodasafa View Post
    It is random.
    Yeah, you can randomly get the same thing over and over, I know. But if there was a glitch we'd see more non-randomness, which is why I wanted to ask.

I just wish they'd just add something to their algorithm to prevent it from being the same thing twice in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortypop View Post
    We've had Anub, Sarth, Maly, Patch and first guy in DeathKnight wing ... think that's the right number. Haven't had anyone in ICC or ToTC yet definitely.

Are you on blackrock? That's exactly what we had, except somewhere in there (after anub?) we had Flame Leviathan.

I do wonder if they look at server status some when setting it up, though... we're a low population server (maybe medium now, I forget), and so far the hardest we've had is the Deconstructor. It's been Sarth, Flame Leviathan, and XT, that's it. Who knows, that could just be random chance too, though.

I've seen Noth 3 weeks in a row. Gotta love sub-5m runs for 5 of each badge.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

The best we had was Patchwerk. I logged in shortly after maintenance ended. Got the quest. Saw a post in trade LF1M tank Patch, i signed up for that. We 6 manned it. 1 healer, 2 tanks, 3 DPS and got the Make Quick Werk of Him achieve. Pretty fun. Total time from accepting quest to turning it in was about 15 minutes.
    But we've been totally random on Executus. We had Lord Marrowgar, Razor, FL, Patch, XT and Maly.

on my server we have had FL for past month kinda good in way cus hes so easy to do ive been able to do him with my shittest geared alts

You misunderstand the concept of 'random'. It can randomly be a different boss, or it can randomly be the same every week for a year. That's just how random is, there isn't a method or logic to it, that's just your thought process trying to apply one to it. Blizzard really should have programmed the system so that it can't be the same quest twice in a row, but they did not, and we just gotta live with it I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by drae View Post
    I've seen Noth 3 weeks in a row. Gotta love sub-5m runs for 5 of each badge.

You know, this is by far my favorite. Run it with 0 healers on 10 man and kill him in like 30-40 seconds. We mistakenly did it with 1 healer this week, the boss did a total of 21000 damage to the entire raid and no one had lower than that in health.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

I wish they'd make it semi-random. Killing different bosses is more fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

Quote Originally Posted by Raysere View Post
    You misunderstand the concept of 'random'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bashal View Post
    Yeah, you can randomly get the same thing over and over, I know. But if there was a glitch we'd see more non-randomness, which is why I wanted to ask.

I just wish they'd just add something to their algorithm to prevent it from being the same thing twice in a row.
    ^^ This.

If lots of realms were getting the same issue, at the same time, that might mean something more than randomly getting the same thing over and over.

----------------

A guildie was talking to a GM about an unrelated matter, and jokingly asked if they could fix it so Jaraxxus wouldn't come up again as the raid weekly. Another GM cut in on the conversation and said that on another server they have had maly 3 times in a row... and nobody will run it.

Made me chuckle.

I don't think we've had the same boss twice on our realm. For weekly things like this, I think a semi-random order that had things built in to prevent recurrence would be smarter than totally random.

I think Patchwerk has become the Server punching bag the past weeks. I've been to Malygos once and Jarraxas. I'm not sure though if its a 'bug' in the random system, or just unlucky odds. TBH none of the Raid targets are in difficult or hard-to-pug places these days so regardless of who it is it's generall 5 easy frost emblems.

Try having malygos three weeks straight. Its sad that even now its not the easiest thing to pug as people have never cleared it before and think they can just walk in and kill him without knowing his mechanics or nothing. Scariest quote ever heard was from a person who put together a 10 man maly pug and he said after we filled up " So where is malygos located at". Its like come on and get a brain cell!!! LOL

My favorite is when you pick it up RIGHT at the reset. A minute later it will generally change to a different quest.

Right at the daily/weekly quest reset last night I picked the quest up and it was Razuvious. A minute later it rolled over to Jaraxxas. Last week it was Razorscale, then it changed to Flame Leviathan.

Before those two it was Sarth for a month, though.

My server has had either Marrowgar, Razuvious, or Anub in Naxx since the patch. We had Marrowgar a few times which really messed up Saronite farming on alts No one wants to take you unless you have a 5500GS.

+ Reply to Thread