+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury Warrior with a little low dps, I think...

Fury Warrior with a little low dps, I think...

Hi,

I'm a Fury Warrior and I think I need some help...

Armory link:

http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...rhorn&n=Smitty

My dps seems a little too low considering my gear, Im around 3.5K on a dummy (8 min fight) and pretty low in the raids too. I think I have the right rotation with the usual BT - WW - Slam (on proc), rage dump HS/Cleave. But a DK or Pala with lesser gear than me often has more dps than me.

Should I gem differently and go for Arp or something? My crit in Ber-stance is 35.4% and my AP is above 5K (I think it's like 5.3K).

Should I go for the NES (Scorpion) instead of BoV?

I know my Expertise is way high but I'm aiming to get the Hilt-sword with agility and then I will have 25exp.

I only have a Mac so Rawr and the Excel spreadsheet doesn't work properly for me...

Any tips or comments is highly appreciated.
    Last edited by Smittys; 01-25-2010 at 01:36 AM.

i might be wrong in this, but most fury warriors I see absolutely eat every bit of armor pen they can get, gearwise and gem-wise, so...i think it's probably because yours is low.

Quote Originally Posted by Smittys View Post
    I think I have the right rotation with the usual BT - WW - Slam (on proc), rage dump HS/Cleave.
    Your rotation is correct just always start with WW first.

But a DK or Pala with lesser gear than me often has more dps than me.
    On Aoe dmg, DK and a pally can have a considerably higher aoe than warriors if played right, I would not worry about it too much.

Should I gem differently and go for Arp or something? My crit in Ber-stance is 35.4% and my AP is above 5K (I think it's like 5.3K).

Should I gem differently and go for Arp or something? My crit in Ber-stance is 35.4% and my AP is above 5K (I think it's like 5.3K). Should I go for the NES (Scorpion) instead of BoV?
    Absolutely yes. Alse once you get NES, Aim for 53% Arpen from Gear + food to softcap your arpen to 100% with trinket proc(Only start gemming Arpen once you have NES or GT or MR).

I know you already know this but your hit and expertise is way too high, all you need is 164 hit and 25ish expertise.
    Chage the boot enchant to Icewalker and chage the meta gem to Relentless Earthsiege Diamond so that you can replace all blue gems with red ones

Thanks for you replies.

Quote Originally Posted by gabbu View Post
    I know you already know this but your hit and expertise is way too high, all you need is 164 hit and 25ish expertise.
    Chage the boot enchant to Icewalker and chage the meta gem to Relentless Earthsiege Diamond so that you can replace all blue gems with red ones
    I've changed some of my gemmings and ench, but since I think I need every crit rating I can get I kept my 10str + 10 Crit in the yellow sockets, or was that a wrong decision?

I moved my "Nightmare tear" to the blue slot in my belt so I freed up the yellow socket in my legs and socketed a yellow 10str + 10crit in there instead. Then I put a 20str in the blue socket in my chest. And I changed my meta to the "relentless" and enchanted the boots with Icewalker instead of 24AP.

Does it look okey now? (except for my skyhigh hit- and expertise-rating)

RE: Fury Warrior with a little low dps, I think...

Don't gem for crit. Ever. Keep in mind that your main damage dealing abilities, WW, BT and HS all benefit from increased crit from talents. Some fury warriors pumping out beastly damage only have around 35% crit off gear, and never gem for it.

I'd definitely trade out your BoV and get the Needle Encrusted Scorpion. Once you have that beauty, trade it in and replace all your Str gems for Arp until you're sitting at about 50% Arp. When your NES procs you'll be at close to 100% Arp. I can tell you from experience that this can make a huge impact on your output.

On socket bonuses - I mostly ignore these unless they're easily attainable and really bring something to the table. Take your legs for example; you gemmed a 10/10 and a 20str to get an extra 6 str from the socket bonus. You get a total of 36 additional str by gemming in this fashion.

However, if you drop two str gems, you get 40str and no socket bonus, so it's still better than gemming the other way in terms of numbers alone.

If there's some definitive reason for why it's better to get socket bonuses, I'd be open to entertain the idea
    Last edited by Krimm; 01-25-2010 at 10:46 AM.

Ideally you need 40% crit passive unbuffed to keep your flurry procs up. Also, the more crit you have, the more procs of the NES.... so really, "Don't gem for crit. Ever." is incorrect, you should gem for crit if it will net you +6 str or more from a socket bonus. Keep in mind that the sep values on 36 str/10 crit come out higher than 40 str. Plug it into Landsouls or Rawr, you'd be surprised.

To hit the ArP cap with proc, you need ~53% passive ArP from gear/gems.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MellvarTank View Post
    Ideally you need 40% crit passive unbuffed to keep your flurry procs up. Also, the more crit you have, the more procs of the NES.... so really, "Don't gem for crit. Ever." is incorrect, you should gem for crit if it will net you +6 str or more from a socket bonus. Keep in mind that the sep values on 36 str/10 crit come out higher than 40 str. Plug it into Landsouls or Rawr, you'd be surprised.

To hit the ArP cap with proc, you need ~53% passive ArP from gear/gems.
    Ok, I'll take a look and see how the numbers pan out

Ok, now I've done some more changes after I got an opportunity to use Landsouls spreadsheet. I swapped the "Keen Obsidian Blade" for the "Reckoning" in OH instead and changed one str-gem to an Exp-gem and according to the spreadsheet it would give me an ~0,150 DPS gain. But the best upgrade for me would be to change BoV to NES or that Whispering Fanged Skull from ICC10, or even better, get them both.

At least I have a goal now...to get new trinkets.

Ty for your help.

And btw, 1crit is worth more than 1str with the stats I have according to the spreadsheet.
    Last edited by Smittys; 01-28-2010 at 04:46 AM.

+ Reply to Thread