+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Deathknight Armor Levels in ICC

Helm + Shoulders +
    Gloves (now have the armor of Gauntlets of the Kraken) +
    Chest (now has the armor of Cataclysmic Chestguard) +
    Pillars of Might =
    Same armor with 4 piece bonus.

Now I just need the GMs to refund my badges.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
    If you like Frost's playstyle, I would still keep the armor gear. There aren't fights that favor avoidance yet in ICC, just armor or stamina. Keep it simple
    Nor is there much more that one fight in there that favors otherwise... non-challenging amounts of damage pr. hit / damage pr. sec...
    Festergut is the only fight where you might be able to argue EH > Balance.

Still wipes in ICC for now comes from mistakes, and not single ones of them, not a few ones either, but mistakes that through out a fight is repeated over and over again...
    Or for fights where your DPS/Healers simply does not have the throughput... I have YET to see a fight where the tanks choice in spec or gear makes the difference...

On the other side, Healers can currently be very pressured in some fights on mana, that actually talks against any EH stacking ideas and towards TDR...
    Armor is still my very favorite stat but full stamina stacking is "meh-lol"... And please don't put Blood out there as the "King DK tank" spec, it is not.

This may change ones we hit the Heroics again, or it may not, time will tell...

Quote Originally Posted by Satorri View Post
    If my memory serves me correctly, the cap where UB unglyphed will start overflowing the hard cap is just shy of 40k armor before using it, but that would not include Devo Aura or Stoneskin totem, I'm assuming.
    What about armor Bonus, if i remember correctly as well, armor bonus is not put into our +60% equation, so how would those effect UB?...
    Last edited by dotJEM; 01-31-2010 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Proletaria View Post
    @ Satorri How do you get 4p without sacrificing bonus armor? Unless you mean ilvl 277, I don't think this is the case.
    From my post before you asked:
    "as of next Tue you can get the 4 pc bonus without sacrificing any bonus armor. The set gloves and chest will now have bonus armor and there are no shoulders or helms with bonus armor. Voila, 4 pc set bonus."

The tier gloves and chest are getting bonus armor. Once you get a token (assuming you get into ICC25, not everyone will I suppose) the gloves and chest of the set will now match the non-tier pieces at 264 level, and the 251 level stuff will be just shy, but we're talking 100-300 armor difference, which is enough to keep it an upgrade.

And as I said, there are no Helms or Shoulders with bonus armor, so you can get 4 tier pieces without sacrificing the bonus armor. Thank you Blizz for the option.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

Quote Originally Posted by dotJEM View Post
    N

On the other side, Healers can currently be very pressured in some fights on mana, that actually talks against any EH stacking ideas and towards TDR...
    Armor is still my very favorite stat but full stamina stacking is "meh-lol"... And please don't put Blood out there as the "King DK tank" spec, it is not.

This may change ones we hit the Heroics again, or it may not, time will tell...

This has been beaten to death from every possible angle. However there are a lot of situations thus far where UA is simply not as effective as VB, and it really isn't a discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
    This has been beaten to death from every possible angle. However there are a lot of situations thus far where UA is simply not as effective as VB, and it really isn't a discussion.
    Woah, wait a minute there pal. I don't take too kindly to that kinda common sense around my fotm dw frost spec'ing. LoL.

And yes, dotJEM, blood is still king.

+ Reply to Thread